BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
52 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Coronavirus Discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
T Boy
post 25th September 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Sep 25 2020, 10:01 PM) *
Am sure there's a minimum legal temperature for schools. Isn't it around 21c, like in offices and other workplaces. Take a thermometer in and if it's lower you can refuse to work.

I don’t want to refuse to work, I just want things to be sensible.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 25th September 2020, 09:19 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(T Boy @ Sep 25 2020, 10:07 PM) *

Well think of the poor shivering kids then....

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 25th September 2020, 09:21 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rooney @ Sep 25 2020, 10:06 PM) *
Mass outbreak in Manchester Met uni with at least 99 positive tests. Honestly, I hope to God some Ministers get sacked for this decision. Absolute braindead across all UK Governments to allow students to move in to shared accommodation. I feel for them of course as it's not the uni experience, but it's complete naievty to think massive parties won't happen (I know I would) unless you keep them as prisoners.

Some angry students on Sky News saying they won't be stopped from going home at the weekend as it's not a police state yet. They'll just pretend to go shopping then go for the bus or train. They risk losing their uni place though which I think is awful.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 25th September 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #24
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

QUOTE(T Boy @ Sep 25 2020, 10:07 PM) *

It’s been a problem here as well, even with a wooly jumper on I was freezing on Wednesday mellow.gif Blazers are back next week so that should improve things.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 25th September 2020, 09:26 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Sep 25 2020, 10:19 PM) *
Well think of the poor shivering kids then....

Erm, I am?

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 25th September 2020, 09:41 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

It is getting colder now. People who are usually out at work all day will maybe need heating on whilst they work at home! I read about a man having it on all day but the wife said she'd just put extra layers on and they were arguing.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 26th September 2020, 07:40 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

From The Sun.

MINISTERS are working to save Christmas from coronavirus and are prepared to do "whatever it takes" to keep families together this year.

The Government is hoping to roll out three million coronavirus tests a day and have a vaccine available by December, according to The Telegraph.

But if these plans fail, there is a backup plan to help Brits enjoy the festive period.

It could be suggested that families isolate two weeks before Christmas to enable them to meet safely in groups larger than six.

But the Department for Health have said nothing can be guaranteed at this stage.

It was revealed on Friday that the UK is in debt by £2 trillion for the first time ever.

The Government has borrowed a whopping £173.7 billion between April and August.

With Christmas just three months away, testing sources have confirmed the Government's plans to help keep the nation's favourite time of year as 'normal' as it can be.

Another plan being considered was to close schools early to allow a two-week voluntary quarantine for families wanting to gather in larger groups.

With Christmas falling on a Friday this year, most schools will break up on Friday, December 18, meaning the end of term would have to be brought forward to December 11.

Government officials are even considering a two-week quarantine after Christmas, meaning a month-long Christmas break from December 11 to January 10.

Operation Moonshot aims to have ten million daily Covid tests to be dished out under new Government plans costing £100billion.

The entire population of the UK could be tested in a week under Downing Street’s ambitious Operation Moonshot programme.

Boris Johnson vowed to roll out new tests which can deliver results in just 15 minutes.

He said a negative result would give Brits a “freedom pass” — allowing people to mingle like they did before Covid.

But this morning Transport Secretary Grant Shapps admitted that the new tech wasn't ready yet.

He told Sky News: "This is technology that, to be perfectly blunt, requires further development - there isn't a certified test in the world that does this but there are people that are working on prototypes."

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 26th September 2020, 07:46 AM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 26th September 2020, 09:27 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

How do you isolate for two weeks before Christmas? Are the government suggesting everyone takes that two weeks off work?

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 26th September 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Sep 26 2020, 10:27 AM) *
How do you isolate for two weeks before Christmas? Are the government suggesting everyone takes that two weeks off work?

Something like that, yes. Everyone off and schools closed. Assume shops stay open though.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 26th September 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Sep 26 2020, 10:49 AM) *
Something like that, yes. Everyone off and schools closed. Assume shops stay open though.

So everyone off, apart from those key workers that you've already forgotten about.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 26th September 2020, 01:20 PM
Post #31
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

Having four weeks in quarantine for the sake one day, no thank you. I'd much rather have four weeks as close to normality as allowed and sack off Christmas day.

The 22:00 curfew is turning out to be appalling and has to be reviewed, ideally being completely abandoned. I was out last night and 10:00 it was busier than you ever see the city centre on a normal Friday or Saturday, people rolling out onto streets without the room to socially distance, huge queues to get on to packed public transport and for any shop still open. It seems like it's an idea that was implemented without the full effects of it being considered or realised.

My experience of pubs so far has felt largely positive and safe, until last night.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 26th September 2020, 01:21 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 26th September 2020, 01:44 PM
Post #32
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Sep 26 2020, 02:20 PM) *
Having four weeks in quarantine for the sake one day, no thank you. I'd much rather have four weeks as close to normality as allowed and sack off Christmas day.

The 22:00 curfew is turning out to be appalling and has to be reviewed, ideally being completely abandoned. I was out last night and 10:00 it was busier than you ever see the city centre on a normal Friday or Saturday, people rolling out onto streets without the room to socially distance, huge queues to get on to packed public transport and for any shop still open. It seems like it's an idea that was implemented without the full effects of it being considered or realised.

My experience of pubs so far has felt largely positive and safe, until last night.

Isn't the idea to detour people rather than to stop incidents like this anyway? I think it's always going to be a problem on a Friday/Saturday night and what can you do unless you close them completely. I think the 10.00 should be reviewed and rather than bolt out at 10.00, it should be staggered before leaving the venue at 10.30.

The problem we face as always and even during lockdown, those who wants to break the guidelines and have have covid fatigue will do so.

I also cba with Christmas quarantine for the sake of one day either. I can't see that being enforced, but I could see the government suggesting it as an idea for people. It's clear its gonna be a massive problem when it happens. Students back home, the whole family together in one house, visiting multiple people.. anyone with half a brain can see what's happening next.

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post 26th September 2020, 01:56 PM
Post #33
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118

I think the other measures they've introduced have made them safer anyway, masks when not at the tables and for staff, one way systems, table service only. If they're actually all enforced then pubs are quite safe and whilst shutting them early to avoid people getting too pissed and not socially distancing is sound logic, it's replaced a situation where an amount of very pissed people aren't socially distancing with one where a substantially larger amount of quite pissed people aren't socially distancing, because they can't.

This post has been edited by RabbitFurCoat: 26th September 2020, 01:57 PM

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th September 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #34
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I raised this on twitter earlier already but...

How the hell are whole student populations of halls meant to completely self-isolate when they have no way of getting food shopping in? Delivery slots are booked up well in advance and they won't know anyone they can ask to nip into tesco for them.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 26th September 2020, 03:27 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Miss J00ps @ Sep 26 2020, 03:00 PM) *
I raised this on twitter earlier already but...

How the hell are whole student populations of halls meant to completely self-isolate when they have no way of getting food shopping in? Delivery slots are booked up well in advance and they won't know anyone they can ask to nip into tesco for them.

One girl was on the news saying she rang the office to say she had no food and someone was sent to her with an apple, orange and banana. Nothing else. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 26th September 2020, 06:01 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Sep 26 2020, 12:28 PM) *
So everyone off, apart from those key workers that you've already forgotten about.

But at least they'll be applauded again!!!

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 26th September 2020, 06:05 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Apparently in late March, Sage wanted to, and still wants to in fact, put everyone over 45 in total isolation in their homes, no mixing or going out at all. None of them working and shopping done by under 45's. However Boris and the rest of the Cabinet decided against this and said it just wouldn't work and couldn't be enforced strictly enough and wouldn't be accepted by the public. They feared civil unrest in fact.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 26th September 2020, 06:09 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 26th September 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Sep 26 2020, 02:20 PM) *

Agree with this. Pubs and restaurants are not the problem, my experience of them has been really positive and everything has been very well organised. Yesterday there were loads of people on the streets at 10pm because they had all been thrown out at the same time, definitely worse than it has been.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 26th September 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Sep 26 2020, 10:49 AM) *

Don't you think children have missed more than enough school already?

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 26th September 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

QUOTE(Rooney @ Sep 25 2020, 10:06 PM) *
Mass outbreak in Manchester Met uni with at least 99 positive tests. Honestly, I hope to God some Ministers get sacked for this decision. Absolute braindead across all UK Governments to allow students to move in to shared accommodation. I feel for them of course as it's not the uni experience, but it's complete naievty to think massive parties won't happen (I know I would) unless you keep them as prisoners.

Yes I suppose even for those students who initially don't want to break guidelines and do care about suppressing virus spread, the amount of peer pressure to attend parties by their peers who don't care so much about Covid must be massive.

Some students may end up having more severe symptoms and having to go to hospital at this rate. I hope all students realise as these outbreaks take place what the consequences of this all is and stop the parties and also the government realises that shared student accommodation is a disaster in these times.

+Quote this post

52 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 16th May 2024, 01:11 PM