BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> J. Cole - Might Delete Later, 5th April 2024
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Y'all Starlight
post 8th January 2023, 09:32 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Hype is starting to build up for the next instalment of J. Cole's "The Fall Off" era in the form of his 7th Studio Album apparently titled "It's A Boy". Not much info has been confirmed about the record but in a 2021 interview Cole stated that "It's A Boy" & "The Fall Off" were done.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 7th March 2023, 09:27 AM
Post #2
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

In the new Dreamville soundtrack, J. Cole has hinted that The Fall Off will be his last record and will arrive this year. "Just cop The Fall Off and he'll explain. Is it the end of the chapter, happily ever after? Bet this gon' be the year that fulfill his reign, man." A bittersweet update.

This post has been edited by Y'all Starlight: 7th March 2023, 09:27 AM

+Quote this post
Brer
post 7th March 2023, 12:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

It'll be his 'last album' until the next one as per with rappers kink.gif

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 5th April 2024, 12:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA

Over one year later and we still haven't received 'The Fall Off' nocheer.gif However, a new 11 track mixtape titled 'Might Delete Later' has been released cheer.gif The mixtape serves as his first since his 2010 cult classic 'Friday Night Lights' which sent Cole into the mainstream. It features the likes of Bas, Ari Lennox and Central Cee (the North American rap scene really seems to be warming up to Cench right now). The reception hasn't been great thus far so I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

Apparently there is a response to Kendrick Lamar's diss towards J. Cole and Drake on the closer '7 Minute Drill'.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 5th April 2024, 09:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

I've listened twice now and the beats are crazy good. It sounds brilliant full-blast on headphones.

The only weak track is 'Fever'. He definitely sounds like he's been spending too much time with Drake on that one. The track 'Huntin’ Wabbitz' samples MeatCanyon multiple times. It works but it's weird. laugh.gif

Ab-Soul & Daylyt absolutely kill their part on 'Pi' but I think that's already being forgotten because of Cole's trans lines on the same track.

I will be interesting to see if the Kendrick diss overshadows the Central Cee feature on Spotify tomorrow.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 5th May 2024, 05:57 AM