BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rachel Stevens: General Discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 18th February 2023, 10:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

For Rachel news and updates that don't necessarily need their own thread!

Rachel was on Celebrity Catchphrase tonight! It'll be on ITVX for catch-up if, like me, you didn't catch it.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 19th February 2023, 03:19 AM
Post #2
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

Found this on Youtube, so I watched it with lunch today.

I really enjoyed, it use to air in Australia about 20-25 years ago.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th February 2023, 07:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Rachel is on the front cover of Fabulous magazine tomorrow, free with The Sun!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 25th February 2023, 09:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

The full interview is up here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/21454556/...marriage-split/

As is this video of her playing a game called "Have You Ever...?"

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 16th March 2023, 01:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Rachel will be joining Heart 00s Radio to guest host Ashley Roberts' Saturday afternoon show from 4-7pm on 18th March, 8th April and 15th April!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 16th March 2023, 01:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I love that for her!

I cannot wait to see her at Mighty Hoopla in June!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th March 2023, 06:21 PM
Post #7
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

She's looking fantastic cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Mark.
post 16th March 2023, 06:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 16th March 2023, 08:41 PM
Post #9
Group icon
---

Do artists play their own songs when they do a guest stint like this?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 9th April 2023, 10:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon

It's Rachel's birthday today. Given the circumstances, I still hope she was able to have a good birthday & Easter Sunday, as far as possible sad.gif heart.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 9th April 2023, 10:23 PM
Post #11
Group icon

Happy birthday Rachel heart.gif

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 9th April 2023, 11:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
---

Happy Birthday Rachel!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th September 2023, 05:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon

PLEASE

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 14th December 2023, 04:12 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Rachel Stevens: S Club star tearfully tells of robbery and hold-up terror, but still loses speeding ban fight

S Club singer Rachel Stevens tearfully told a court how she was left traumatised by a violent jewellery robbery and witnessing a shooting, as she made a failed bid to dodge a driving ban over a series of speeding tickets.

The 45-year-old popstar and radio DJ told magistrates she was “absolutely terrified” when she was grabbed around the neck in an ambush at her north London home.

Just a few weeks later Ms Stevens was embroiled in a second drama as she dined with her family at the Harry Morgan eatery in St John’s Wood, when a gunman opened fire in a suspected gangland shooting.

The singer fought back tears at Willesden magistrates court as she recalled the 2009 incidents, saying she still suffers from post-traumatic stress, anxiety, and now fears being in cars alone with strangers.

Ms Stevens made an emotional bid to keep hold of her driving licence despite racking up 21 penalty points from five speeding incidents since 2019.

She said a road ban would impact on her upcoming S Club tour, cause upheaval for her school run duties, and she insisted she would be a good driver in the future, telling the court: I’ve absolutely learned my lesson, without a doubt.”

But magistrates rejected her plea, suggested she should hire a driver, and imposed a six-month road ban plus fines and fees totalling £2,900.

At the time of the robbery in June 2009 police suspected the singer, fresh from a stint on Strictly Come Dancing, had been deliberately tailed to her Primrose Hill home as she returned from a mid-afternoon shopping trip.

“I was attacked in my flat”, she told magistrates. “A man jumped into my front door. He had his hand around my mouth and his arm around my neck.”

Asked if her celebrity status was behind the robbery, Ms Stevens replied: “I think so - there were a few other people in the public eye who were targeted at the time.”

She said of the shooting: “I was in a restaurant when a gunman had come into another part of the restaurant.

“I was with my family, and we all went under the table. Later we found out it was a gang situation, shots were fired in the air.

“I was incredibly terrified.”

The star, who found fame with S Club 7 in 1999, added: “The two incidents that happened so close together definitely caused a lot of post-traumatic stress. After that, I felt scared to even leave my house, get out of my car and I was just very fearful.”

She said she does not take taxis alone and has not used the “claustrophobic” Tube for years, as she urged magistrates to spare her a driving ban as it would cause “exceptional hardship”.

Ms Stevens landed herself in trouble when – in September last year – she was pulled over by a Metropolitan Police officer when driving her BMW X3 series through Regent’s Park at 41mph – more than double the 20mph speed limit.

She already had nine points on her licence from previous offences, and two months later, on November 7 last year, she was pulled over again on the same stretch of road while driving at 42mph.

In her bid to avoid a driving ban, Ms Stevens opened up about the breakdown of her 12-year marriage to childhood sweetheart Alex Bourne.

Urging the court to let her continue driving so she can take their two daughters to school, she said tearfully: “In the last year, my priority has been keeping them feeling safe and secure. It has been a real upheaval for them.

“There has been so much change in their lives, I want them to feel as secure and safe as possible.”

She also said a driving ban would impact on rehearsals for the upcoming S Club tour of North America.

“I never want to let anyone down and not be there. I take my job very seriously”, she said. “We are a team, we all make sure we are always on time doing a job. We all rely on each other to make sure we are there as a team, doing our best.”

Passing sentence, the panel of three magistrates told Ms Stevens she had been driving at an “exceptionally dangerous speed…when pedestrians and cyclists are around”.

Noting her “public transport difficulties” and the inconvenience of a ban, they concluded: “We find in your circumstances you have not demonstrated exceptional hardship and you could consider hiring a driver for this period of disqualification, to assist you on the school run and with commitments where a driver is not supplied.”

Ms Stevens was ordered to surrender her driving licence, pay £2,000 in fines plus an £800 victim surcharge and £100 in costs.

Oops!! Poor Rachel. (Not that she isn't deserving of the consequence!)

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 14th December 2023, 10:19 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Five speeding incidents though... she clearly didn't learn her lesson... 5 times!

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 14th December 2023, 11:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
---

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Dec 14 2023, 10:19 PM) *
Five speeding incidents though... she clearly didn't learn her lesson... 5 times!

Haha, that was my thought.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd December 2023, 04:10 AM
Post #17
Group icon

Hmm yes, while I feel bad for her that she experienced a couple of traumatic events, that isn't an excuse to not be a safe driver a decade later! 40mph+ in a 20mph limit area is really dangerous. So I think the length of the ban was the right call... and hopefully she'll take this time to learn to respect speed limit, and not feel like she's been hard done by. Sorry, Rachel!!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th March 2024, 11:45 PM
Post #18
Group icon

Rachel recently spoke to The Sun about commemorating Paul, the Hannah feud rumours and more.

NEXT month marks the first anniversary of S Club 7 singer Paul Cattermole’s shock death.

The chart-topping Nineties pop stars were left shattered after the singer was found dead at his home in Dorset aged 46 on April 6 — six months before their sold-out reunion tour was set to see them take to the road again.

And band member Rachel Stevens has revealed that 12 months on from the day of his passing, the group will be ­­commemorating their much-loved bandmate.

In a chat with The Sun on Sunday while on tour in Los Angeles, Rachel, 45, said: “I can’t believe it is coming up to a year, but we will ­absolutely be raising a glass.”

She added: “We celebrate him all the time and that has been another thing that has been so special about coming back together.

“Paul was so excited about this tour, and it has turned into such a tribute to   and celebration of him.

“It has been very emotional, but it’s a very cathartic way of sharing him and his memories.”

Paul’s body was found at his home and it was later revealed he had passed away due to heart issues.

The group had reunited just seven weeks earlier to announce The Good Times Tour for their 25th anniversary.

It is currently in the States after it launched in Manchester last October.

Rachel said: “We as a band had some time together afterwards because we were at the beginning stages of putting the tour together.

“We all took a step back and spent a lot of time talking and put everything on hold, just to process it really, and be together and supportive of each other while being mindful and respectful of Paul’s family.

“Then the tour took on a whole new direction and meaning and it became a real celebration and tribute to him.”

The chart-topping group was rocked again a month later when Hannah ­Spearritt, 42, who had dated Paul, pulled out of the live shows as she struggled with her ­mental and physical health.

Hannah, Paul, Rachel, Tina Barrett, 47, Jon Lee, 41, Bradley McIntosh, 42 and Jo O’Meara, 44, formed as S Club 7 in 1998 and had a string of huge hits between 1999 and 2003, with four No1 singles including Don’t Stop Movin’ and Never Had A Dream Come True.

Speaking to this newspaper in October, Hannah said she had not heard from her S Club bandmates since she told them of her unexpected decision.

But responding to rumours of a feud, Rachel said: “We have shared so many amazing experiences together, but it is whatever people decide to do individually.

“Something you learn as you grow up is to respect people’s decisions and respect people’s differences.

“What has been really special about ­coming back together as a band is not only celebrating what we have achieved, but I think S Club brings people a lot of joy and the music is so happy.

“We just have to respect that everyone is different and has different journeys — we support people no matter what.”

Last year it was also revealed that Rachel was dating Brendyn Hatfield, her former skating partner from ITV reality show Dancing On Ice.

She met the US pro in November 2021 when they began training for the programme.

They soon forged a friendship as they competed in January 2022 — becoming the third pair to be eliminated.

A few months on, Rachel revealed her break-up from property developer and childhood sweetheart Alex Bourne on Instagram, shortly before their 13th wedding anniversary.

She later moved out of their North London home, with the couple saying they were now focused on their daughters ­Amelie, 13, and nine-year-old Minnie.

Then it emerged that Brendyn had become a dad just four months before his relationship with Rachel was revealed.

After splitting from his fellow pro skater wife Jessica, Brendyn had fathered the child during a relationship with a TV executive connected with the ITV family show.

The couple’s son was born in December 2022, with Brendyn named as the father on the birth certificate.

Of her blended family unit, Rachel said: “You navigate it the best you can.

“The most important thing for me and Alex is to make sure that the girls feel safe in it all, and we were talking and communicated that we were there for them and always going to be their parents.

“It is about being honest and open as much as possible in an age-appropriate way and doing the best we can.”

She added: “It is a constant navigation and can be very beautiful too, and it shows kids that it can really work if we all work together and communicate.”

Rachel has found it “difficult” being away from her girls while on tour in the United States.

She explained: “I miss them a lot, but we FaceTime every day and they were with their dad. We all missed our kids.

“It is difficult, especially when you are far away.”

Rachel also said she has prioritised her health to keep up with the demands of being on tour.

She said: “It is so physical — we are so high energy, with full-on dance routines, and that gives us all the exercise and ­cardio we need.

“On top of that, it is also trying to eat healthily, keeping hydrated and trying to get as much sleep.

“This last tour was an absolute whirlwind.”

Rachel, who has partnered with Vision Express, said her eye health is of huge importance after she started wearing glasses in her early teens.

She added: “I remember squinting at the board when I was in secondary school and started wearing glasses ever since.

“I like my fashion, so they are a piece for me that I like to incorporate with whatever I am wearing and have a play with glasses and style with my outfits."

Of their breakage and loss protection cover, she said: “They are one of those things that are so easily lost, damaged or dropped and now having kids as well things get misplaced or broken.”

“This just gives people peace of mind because you just wear them everyday and they are expensive so it is such a great cover.”

+Quote this post
The Dong Contest
post 17th March 2024, 02:58 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Do you ... like Rachel Stevens?

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th March 2024, 04:38 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

lol I genuinely did not know she wore glasses!? I find it funny when celebs take these glasses brand deals and claim to like combining them with their outfits and suddenly start wearing them for 5mins. Melanie C did it and I’ve genuinely never seen her wear glasses before or since! 🤣

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 12th May 2024, 07:19 PM