BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sovarasma National Thread, BJSC 164: The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Dobbo
post 30th November 2023, 03:58 PM
Post #141
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Oh this is wonderful, sounds like the sort of thing I would have sent a few years back when Dobago were heavy on the string-based entries.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 6th December 2023, 06:45 PM
Post #142
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Nov 30 2023, 03:58 PM) *
Oh this is wonderful, sounds like the sort of thing I would have sent a few years back when Dobago were heavy on the string-based entries.

Glad you liked it! I find the track really special so was reserving it at the right time to send it. happy.gif

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 30th December 2023, 03:14 PM
Post #143
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BROKE, BROKEN, BROKERED?

In an unexpected turn of events, LRS finds itself at the center of financial speculation after a TikTok video from a current employee surfaced, raising questions about the company's financial stability. The short video jokes about being broke, likely hinting on LRS dire financial situation, sending shockwaves through the media industry and prompting investors to scrutinize the broadcaster's financial health, especially after the broadcaster has spent millions on their entries for BJSC this year.

The TikTok video, which has quickly gone viral, features a humorous song about having no money whenever people ask about the company's situation due to their abject quality in TV shows lately. This is on top of declining viewership, and internal management issues, likely stemming from a spectacular result of Why So Sirius in Xmas V. The video has sparked a wave of speculation and discussion across social media platforms, with users sharing their concerns about the potential fallout for LRS, and speculating the withdrawal of Sovarasma in BJSC 161.

However, industry experts and analysts are cautioning against jumping to conclusions based solely on the TikTok video. Many note that the video do not point explicitly towards LRS and could be an attempt to manipulate the company's stock prices. LRS has not released any official statements addressing the rumors, further adding to the uncertainty surrounding the situation.

Investors have responded with a degree of panic, causing a temporary dip in LRS's stock value. Trading volumes for the company spiked as shareholders sought to mitigate potential losses, leading to increased volatility in the stock market.

LRS, who has been responsible for Sovarasma's BJSC entries since BJSC 132, has faced its fair share of challenges, including 4 non-qualifications this year. However, the sudden speculation about the company's financial instability has caught many by surprise.

Regulatory bodies are reportedly monitoring the situation closely, including any allegations made in future TikToks made by the current employee. As the story unfolds, industry insiders and the public alike are eagerly awaiting an official statement from LRS to shed light on the true financial status of the broadcaster.

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 4th January 2024, 11:36 PM
Post #144
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

SOVARASMA IS HERE TO STAY

LRS is issuing this press statement to address recent speculations surrounding our financial stability, sparked by a TikTok video that has been circulating on social media.

We categorically deny the claims suggesting that LRS is on the verge of bankruptcy. Far-fetched speculations due to a light-hearted video lack factual basis and are not representative of the true financial health of our organization.

LRS remains a robust and financially stable company, and we want to assure our shareholders, employees, partners, and the public that we are operating business as usual. Our commitment to delivering quality content to our viewers and maintaining a strong position in the broadcasting industry remains unwavering.

We understand the concerns that may have arisen due to the recent social media activity, and we emphasize the importance of relying on accurate and verified information. LRS has not undergone any significant financial setbacks, and our operations are proceeding according to plan. We condemn the spread of misinformation that can harm the reputation of businesses and mislead the public.

We appreciate the ongoing support from our stakeholders, and we remain committed to transparency and open communication. Nevertheless, Sovarasma confirms participation in BJSC 161. Our priority is to continue serving our audience with the high-quality programming they expect from LRS.

The half-year theme spanning from BJSC 161-165 is alternative music. We are excited to send entries from our local talented artists, showing the versatility in the sound and vigourous creativity. We are adamant that our planned entries will excite you, and offer a different sound to the contest.

© Longorama of Sovarasma 2023

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 12th January 2024, 11:34 PM
Post #145
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BJSC 161 entry reveal

Fat Dog "King of the Slugs" has been selected as the BJSC 161 entry for Sovarasma, ready to take the contest by storm.

Fat Dog is a group from South London, marked by their unique outfits and crazy sounds. "King of the Slugs" is their debut single and it has already garnered significant attention from the Sovarasman public. The song starts off with a menacing sound. The vocals are highly edited to suit the dark atmosphere. Then comes the heavy but catchy chorus which is surely going to make the song memorable. This song deviates from the usual song structure, as there is a long interlude before the song erupts into a frenzy in the second half. Strobe warning is issued for this song, particularly the latter half. Proceed with caution.

© Longorama of Sovarasma 2024

+Quote this post
danG
post 14th January 2024, 12:12 PM
Post #146
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

this is wonderfully bonkers

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 28th January 2024, 10:54 PM
Post #147
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Sovarasma announces 3 days of national holiday

Following an unprecedented victory for Sovarasma in Buzzjack Song Contest, the president of Sovarasma, Canola, announced a national holiday of 3 days.

Fat Dog garnered international attention after an electric performance in Veronica, Harmonica. They performed the song "King of the Slugs" and set the stage alight. The bombastic performance has won the hearts of many, as evidenced by the broken 18s record in the grand final. The Sovarasman delegation would like to thank every single voting country for creating and witnessing this historic moment, that all the Sovarasman citizens will relish for a long time to come.

Longorama of Sovarasma (LRS) is currently in active discussions with Buzzjack Broadcasting Union (BBU) about the possibility of hosting BJSC 162. More news about BJSC 162 will be released in due course.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 28th January 2024, 10:58 PM
Post #148
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Big hooray to this winning cheer.gif extremely deserving of breaking that 18's record Jack and also I played your entry reveal package and nicely done on that front too *.*

Bring on 162 in Sovarasma dance.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th January 2024, 11:15 PM
Post #149
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

a momenT in time

#fatdogsupremacy

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 18th February 2024, 01:57 AM
Post #150
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

News roundup in Sovarasma today

Rewind the highlights of today's news

Brought to you by LRS news

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 19th February 2024, 11:34 PM
Post #151
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BJSC 162 entry reveal

Continuing Fat Dog's success, Sovarasma selects Grossstadtgeflüster, with their "Ich kündige"

Grossstadtgeflüster is an electropop band from Berlin. This song begins with the iconic line "Ich kündige", which translates to "I quit". Already, the main message is clear - we are fed up with unappreciated work. All the unscrupulous ways to make us stay will not work in the end. "Don't come at me with General Terms and Conditions. They're not valid, because I don't read them" as they say. The song builds up by adding more layers of instrumentation. The hard-hitting beat underpinning the song creates such a memorable hook that you will be stuck with the chorus for weeks or even month to come.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th February 2024, 12:47 AM
Post #152
Group icon
Rob aah

2/2 for Sovarasma so far this year w00t.gif irresistible x

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 26th February 2024, 04:00 PM
Post #153
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

This is the second best BJSC song that spams the casio keyboard orchestra hit sound I've heard this past 12 months after Dimension - DJ Turn It Up tongue.gif make of that what you will.

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 5th March 2024, 11:59 PM
Post #154
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Another 3 days of holiday

The president of Sovarasma, Canola, announced another 3 days of national holiday following the unprecedented back-to-back win

Hammering the ground of Agerson with "Ich kündige", Grossstadtgeflüster made national headlines by becoming the 2nd Sovarasman act to win BJSC. This is also the 2nd consecutive win for Sovarasma, following Fat Dog's "King of the Slugs" which gave Sovarasma their first ever win.

The streets of Agerson erupted when the victory was announced. The Sovarasman delegation would like to thank all 28 nations who pointed for the iconic entry this month. Despite calls from Why So Sirius to ban Sovarasma from the contest, the general public are in agreement that Sovarasma is headed in the right direction.

Longorama of Sovarasma (LRS) spent about 25 million SoundBytes hosting BJSC 162 but the government has continued to fund the broadcaster for their hosting. This is expected to continue and talks are ongoing with Buzzjack Broadcasting Union about the possibility of BJSC 163. More news to follow.

Meanwhile, rewind the news last week:

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 1st April 2024, 02:19 PM
Post #155
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BREAKING NEWS: Sovarasma withdraws from BJSC 164

Sovarasman head of delegation, Aoede, has announced Sovarasma will withdraw in BJSC 164. She explained the decision to withdraw is due to budget constraints, after splurging millions in hosting BJSC 162 and 163. The Longorama of Sovarasma (LRS) also announced they will use the funds reserved for BJSC 164 to buy new cars for LRS employees, and support a new season of Drag Race Sovarasma.

More to follow...

Happy April Fools!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 1st April 2024, 02:44 PM
Post #156
Group icon
Rob aah

Almost 4 hours late ddd (wouldn't have believed it anyway :') )

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 1st April 2024, 02:51 PM
Post #157
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(uhsting @ Apr 2 2023, 12:14 AM) *
Sovarasma Dismisses Coup Rumours

The government of Sovarasma has released a statement dismissing recent rumours of a possible coup within the nation. The statement emphasized that these rumours are entirely false and baseless, and there is no reason to believe that a coup is in progress or imminent.

In addition to this, the government has confirmed that Emelie Hollow, the representative of Sovarasma, is safe and secure in Terra Avium. The government has urged citizens to refrain from spreading false information or rumours that could cause unnecessary worry or panic.

Sovarasma has also announced that the Sovarasman entry for BJSC 154 has been selected. The government expressed pride in supporting the nation's talented musicians and wished them all the best in the upcoming competition.

The government of Sovarasma has urged citizens to remain calm and not allow themselves to be swayed by unfounded rumours or false information. The government remains committed to upholding the safety and security of all its citizens.

The government's statement comes after rumours had spread on social media platforms regarding a possible coup in Sovarasma. The rumours had caused concern among the citizens, and the government felt the need to issue a statement to address the situation and put an end to the rumours.

In conclusion, the government of Sovarasma assures its citizens that the nation is stable, and there is no reason to believe that a coup is in progress or imminent. The government also reassures citizens that Emelie Hollow is safe and secure in Terra Avium and that Sovarasman's entry for BJSC 154 has been chosen.

Happy April Fool's Day! Why So Sirius will not return next edition but I am planning to return with it in the near future so stay tuned!

© Longorama of Sovarasma 2023

I prefer this one about a planned coup.

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 2nd April 2024, 10:10 AM
Post #158
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BREAKING NEWS: Why So Sirius behind hacking

The Sovarasman Head of Delegation, Aeode, reiterated that Sovarasma has no plans to withdraw in the near future. She is upset about the fake news that was spread yesterday. This incident was reported to the police yesterday. The cyber crime team has pointed the source of misinformation to be done by a successful hacking attempt by the government of Why So Sirius. The Sovarasman government has condemned such barbaric actions and will impose more sanctions to them shortly.

Meanwhile, stream and vote for Mark Sherry - For The Underground.

More to follow...

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 4th April 2024, 12:35 AM
Post #159
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

While we bid farewell to all the nations which travelled to Sovarasma in the last 2 months to participate in BJSC, let me know what you think!
  • Which edition do you like the best? 152 co-hosted with Summericia? 162? Or 163?
  • Which logo and slogan do you like the best? 152, 162 (Shape your destiny) or 163 (Congregate)? (152: Rotationally symmetric logo, 162: Simply gemoetric logo, 163: Round water droplet logo)
  • Which host is the best? doechii, Madison Rose, Jayant Bhadula (from Bloodywood), shygirl, SERRINI, Stan Walker, Juicy Romance, Shamir or Nathy Peluso?
  • What do you like the most about a Sovarasman contest? wink.gif

+Quote this post
witchsting
post 20th April 2024, 05:06 PM
Post #160
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

BB Jury: The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone

We review Sovarasma's entry for BJSC 164, The Mary Wallopers - The Blarney Stone, as they look to cement their top spot in YTD 2024.

"Parts of 'The Blarney Stone' feel like complete blarney, and I’m here for that. However, this song might just have the most underwhelming chorus I’ve ever heard in any song. What is supposed to be a big chunky stone turns out to be hollow inside. I want more blarney but instead I’m left feeling sober." - Cordelia (2.5/10)

"One would think Sovarasma chasing YTD No. 1 would push them into sending contenders every edition. But giving the worst produced song of the year? A muddy, messy, barely intelligible song with little appeal? It wasn’t the move to make, to put it lightly. It feels Sovarasma has completely lost the plot, and I’m not sure if they will even make top 30 at this rate." - Jerry (2/10)

"Look how far they made it! This song sounds promising and I'm glad Sovarasma is not afraid to take risks, even if they could end up crashing into pieces. I feel another top half finish COMING! They've been here before but they're going sky-high. I wonder if sending banger after banger has got them scared of flopping?" - Chelsea (9/10)

"We are finished as a country. And before anyone jumps on their high horse and go, ‘that's what a music hater would say’. I couldn't give two continental hoots what anybody is but I don't need to listen to 3 minutes of utter nonsense. Whatever hope LRS has of getting any one of us to pay a licence has certainly now, for me, gone out the window. I never listened to such rubbish in all my life. Now there will be a backlash, do I care? Not at all." - Rob (0/10)

"Enjoy the song, I hope it makes Aoede very happy. Dear lord, what a sad little country. Do they even know BJSC? I hope they take some lessons with Alexander Rybak, because they have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on." - Meriwether (4/10)

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 7th May 2024, 04:12 PM