BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Versus: Daniel Day-Lewis vs. Meryl Streep vs. Jack Nicholson, Favourite actor of the three?!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 1st January 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

VERSUS - Episode 13
Daniel Day-Lewis vs. Meryl Streep vs. Jack Nicholson

Shrek obliterated all competition in the last round to be crowned Buzzjack's favourite Dreamworks Animation series to date!

They are the only three living actors to have three Oscars for acting so now it's time for you to decide who is your favourite actor out of these three legendary professionals - Meryl vs. Daniel vs. Jack ohmy.gif

Versus
1. Captain America - 1 vs. 2 vs. 3
2. Best Dumbledore - Harris vs. Gambon
3. Avatar vs. Titanic
4. Best Hulk - Bana vs. Norton vs. Ruffalo
5. Disney Live-Action remakes
6. Star Wars - Luke vs. Leia vs. Han
7. Harry Potter - Harry vs. Ron vs. Hermione
8. Moonlight vs. La La Land
9. Best movie franchise?
10. Best Avenger?
11. Best LEGO Movie?
12. Favourite Dreamworks Animation series?
13. Daniel Day-Lewis vs. Meryl Streep vs. Jack Nicholson
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st January 2018, 09:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I've seen way more Meryl films than films from the other two so she is the obvious choice for me. She has some absolutely killer performances - Sophie's Choice, Silkwood, Doubt, Mamma Mia, Kramer vs. Kramer to name just a few. Always impresses me how she can do comedy so well too (Death Becomes Her, Devil Wears Prada etc.), I wish she did it more to be honest laugh.gif

A bit ashamed that I've actually only seen ONE Jack Nicholson film (Terms of Endearment) so I must change that in 2018. I have Chinatown on DVD so I'll get around to that one first at some point !!

+Quote this post
Severin
post 2nd January 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Tough call!
They're all great but for me Nicholson is the patchiest in his choice of roles and can be lazy in his performances sometimes, so he's out in the first round. Sadly, as The Shining is one of my favourite performances by any actor ever.

However, Streep and Day-Lewis are both without compare and it's cruel on whoever you put aside. That being said I'm plumping for Day-Lewis as his choice of role tends to be more demanding or challenging. Streep too often picks more straightforward or traditional roles, even if she does knock it out the park every time.
To balance that Streep has a much larger body of work to pick so there are bound to be more mis-steps than Daniel because he has chosen to be more selective in the films he signed on for. Equally Meryl has been a trailblazer for women in cinema and is a greater role model to aspire to (although they're both titans of acting).

But I'm still picking him as the better actor overall.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:48 AM