BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Uhsting's EOY Top 100 of 2022, Big drops, car alarms and ICONIC! phrases (Full top 100 revealed)
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 09:55 PM
Post #41
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

34: Aamourocean - Parmi Les Mortels
[33-28-14-13-7-4]

Leww snapped really hard with this entry in BJSC. It is the best winner this year and sadly it remains to be the only winner that went on to appear on my top 50, with the exception of Oblivion a few years ago. I was immediately drawn to the dreamy feel at the start of the song, and then suddenly it dropped HARD. The hardstyle drop is highly addictive but it's not intimidating. It feels like an artistic choice rather than a cliche. The overall product is coherent. I'm in love. wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:01 PM
Post #42
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

33: Eva McBel - Saint
[13-8-3-2-1-3-4-23]

"Saint" is an astounding ballad with heavy drums. I find the theme of the song relatable too, which talks about the feeling of abandonment after putting a lot of trust in the person you have faith in. It's often a fear as a people pleaser and something I am working on, which is to prioritise one's own needs. The ending is especially striking with the instrumentation. It is a wonderful piece of art.

This post has been edited by uhsting: 31st December 2022, 10:01 PM

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:05 PM
Post #43
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

32: Starmaxx, Brett Castro - Patient Zero
[15-9-6-3-2-1-6-24]

This is a fun and epic song, but the meaning behind is powerful. It talks about reclaiming ourselves in the LGBTQIA+ community in the heteronormative society. Often, we are blamed due to the other sides' ignorance and prejudice. It is saddening that in 2022 there were a lot of news reports on hate crimes, and the alt right has ramped up their hate campaign on the LGBTQIA+ like never before. This song brings the confidence we need and hope that 2023 things get better x

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:09 PM
Post #44
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

31: Florian Christl, NDR Radiophilharmonie, Ben Palmer - Mono No Aware
[13-5-5-4-11]

Florian Christl had an amazing year like I said previously. This piece is truly beautiful and I think the live performance is powerful. The strings and the piano take turns to be the main character in this piece. I love how the melody is composed here, and the way the motifs are connected and structured. It takes you on a long and slow journey, which is perfect to reflect and relax on.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:12 PM
Post #45
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

30: TT The Artist, Rony Rex, Psylla - Heat
[26-17-12-4-3-2-8]

"Heat" is a highly catchy song. TT The Artist shows a lot of personality with the rap. There is also the instrumentation which is well-written and arranged. I love the suspension in the buildup which leads to a rather badass and catchy drop.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:20 PM
Post #46
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

29: ROSALÍA - CUUUUuuuuuute
[22-11-13-11-6-8-42]

ROSALÍA really went all in with this song. It is quirky. There are loads of experimentation with the synths, vocals and the structure of the song. It starts with English counting of numbers which got an error at twenty-one. Then, we move to a bombardment of drums and distortion of sounds, which is EPIC. ROSALÍA raps in this part and the iconic CUUUuuuuuute line appears. It then suddenly transitions to a rather consonant and calm motif, which does not last long, as we descend into cacophany, which I really like. Overall, the song is highly unpredictable, though it could sound a bit too avant-garde for some. Thanks to Jade, this is such a piece of art!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:23 PM
Post #47
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

28: SANTA - Où va le temps qui s'en va
[13-9-8]

This is a short-lived chart entry a few months ago. Upon revisit, this really grew on me. SANTA's vocals are mesmerising as always. However, what I find the most interesting is the accompaniment. It adds a lot of depth to the song. It is mainly piano in the first half but it gives the dreamy feeling. The strings then steadily become the main character in the latter half, bringing a rather unnerving and tense ending. It's really enjoyable x

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:27 PM
Post #48
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

27: Pabllo Vittar ft. Rina Sawayama - Follow Me
[2-1-2-4-12-18-26]

"Follow Me" is a highly catchy banger. This is an unpopular opinion but this is the best Rina Sawayama song, PERIODT. There is a lot of personality in this banger. The drop is big and dirty. The bass is fulfilling. It's a song that instantly captures my attention.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:32 PM
Post #49
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

26: Kobe - SLAPSLAVE
[4-1-5-8-19]

If we ignore Kobe's problematic tweets (well technically this track is produced by Askjell), this track is experimental for its experimental genre. It was described as "art techno" by some when I sent it to CB not long ago. The track gets on with a fast beat that makes a nail-biting experience. The saxophone has barely any melody with very short motifs sprinkled at different parts of the piece. The chord progression is unusual and the modulation however is gradual. The best part of the track is the latter half where it has a big drop with the beat being the loudest ever and the saxophone chops the same note in quick succession, after then descending into a sequence of squeaks as the bass continues to beat.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:35 PM
Post #50
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

25: Varien, Psylla, JACKIE EXTREME - FULL ASSAULT
[10-6-3-1-2-8]

This is not something you'd expect in Monstercat. This is ground-breaking stuff. We stan our transgender producer Varien for bringing us lots of cool experimentation with vocal effects and synths. The buildup is done amazingly, as it creates a lot of tension, and then comes the BIG DROP which is with JACKIE EXTREME shouting the lines, then an instrumental break of cacophany and screams. It is simply iconic. This is chaos, but I love the chaos and it's such a banger.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:37 PM
Post #51
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

24: A.A. Williams - Pristine
[23-7-7-15]

Again, A.A. Williams does not need to show off her vocals in order for the song to be good. Thanks to Jade, Pristine is a phenomenal ballad with amazing strings. I especially love the bridge where the band and the orchestra coordinate to bring us beautiful melodies and harmonies. It is truthfully majestic.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:43 PM
Post #52
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

23: Luca Eck, Nur Jaber - Fall to Pieces
[14-11-5-2]

This was such a wonderful discovery from BJSC 150, thanks to Bre. The atmosphere immediately draws me. It is dark, gloomy, haunting but mesmerising. The beat goes really hard. We are then introduced to the synth and the off-beat in the drums and then the hi-hat comes in. I love this semi buildup, which leads on to the next theme, where the sirens or car alarms blare in the background. We then get the buildup, awaiting for the biggest moment of the piece, the unique selling point of the track, the BIGGEST DROP of your life. It goes off hard which I really enjoyed. I recommend the extended version too, as the outro extends the drop and takes you back to the beginning. It is a stunning track, and this track makes me follow the Hate channel more closely in the future. Hopefully, there will be more dark dance music on my chart next year!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:47 PM
Post #53
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

22: kaho matsui - hrt discourse
[11-4-6-9]

Experimental tracks don't just stop here. We have yet another provocative track which was berated for its rattling noise by some. It is such a jarring track. The instrumentation is unlike others I've heard. The static noise brings everything together. The latter half is particularly extraordinary, as multiple distorted synths blast through my headphones, creating a jagged but unexplanably satisfying soundscape. This song is in a league of its own and we support another transgender producer here!

This post has been edited by uhsting: 31st December 2022, 10:47 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st December 2022, 10:48 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'Sweetest Way to Die', Amouraocean and 'Fall To Pieces' are great tracks!

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:51 PM
Post #55
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

21: Maria Mohn - Fly
[9-2-5-3-3-9-34]

We are now back to consonance x This is a really strong Norwegian ballad and I would've loved to see this song represent Norway this year in Eurovision. It has a touching backstory, as the song is dedicated to her elder son, which fought for his life and received a bone transplant from her younger son. It was a tough moment for her and I applaud her for sharing this story to us. Sadly, I think she sounded very nervous in the final which diminished her chances of making to the Gold Final.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 10:55 PM
Post #56
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

20: okuwaki teQ, XXX//PEKE//XXX - blakey jazz
[21-5-3-5-16]

This is total chaos. This piece is described as "avant-garde jazz", and you can hear all the jazz instruments thrown into disarray. There are also seemingly car alarms blaring from the background, but the saxophone is just producing unfathomable pitches, and the drummer is having their time of their life! Everything seems to be all over the place, but it is exactly that which brought the coherence of the piece, supported by a great structure that gives the track highs and lows. It is such a great listening experience.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 11:01 PM
Post #57
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

19: Kebu ft. saymory - Плине Кача (Plyne Kacha)
[11-6-2-1]

This is a haunting piece which takes the Ukrainian folk song "Plyne Kacha". There is a lot of experimentation with the synths and the vocals are evocative. This video provides the English translation. The best part is the latter half of the song, where it builds up to a huge climax as the high notes echo behind.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 11:05 PM
Post #58
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

18: Surma, Selma Uamusse - Nyanyana
[22-11-6-3-5-21]

This sounds really unique. I love the irregular beat of the bass which gives this track a different catchy feeling. Selma Uamusse's vocals are versatile, as she traverses through the extremely high notes and the calmer parts. This is African music at its finest. The ending is especially beautiful, as it begins with a rather soft ballad and ends loudly in drums and vocals.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 11:07 PM
Post #59
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

17: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
[14-6-1-4-7-19-28-37]

"Hold Me Closer" (not Elton John's song) is such a heartfelt ballad. It instantly grabs me when I first heard this. Cornelia's vocals are so infectious. The rasp in her vocals make this ballad even more unique. Of course this is another ballad with wonderful strings, but the song is structured with progression. This means the ending opens up to a warm and welcoming tone. This should have won Eurovision this year.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 31st December 2022, 11:11 PM
Post #60
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

16: black midi - Eat Men Eat
[20-15-10-9-7-29]

This grew on me a lot. The instrumentation is jarring and unique. The vocals are unlike any other songs. I love how this song tells a tale of saving the town by killing the boss responsible for killing miners for stomach acid. The ending is spectacular, as the vocalist shouts the lyrics and ends with pulses of screaming. It is a haunting experience, but one that is going to be memorable for a long long time.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th May 2024, 08:05 AM