BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 137: CXXXVII ~ GRAND FINAL RESULTS ~, It's the big one.
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Dobbo
post 1st September 2021, 07:58 AM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Well, it had to happen eventually. The elusive golden spoon *_*

And WHAT a way to do it, in style cheer.gif a pretty incredible statistic that I only received 9 more points in the final than in the semi final despite there being twice as many eligible voters and a higher voting format. Well it's never a great start when your 2 biggest fans in the semi are the ONLY countries that didn't vote laugh.gif that 6th place finish is definitely bewildering but the semi results in general are an absolute mindf***-fest. Dan alluded it to it last month, trance is finished in this contest. Bring back 2016 when Pupok was landslide winning and trance songs were guaranteed top 20s!

Huge congrats to Travis, a long overdue victory now! Wasn't a fan at all of the song (nor any of the top 3 actually, nor indeed most of the top 10 as per). Lol at me saying Terra Avium would be an 18 magnet and them proceeding to garner a grand total of ZERO (sorry for the jinx Chez!)

And if things couldn't get any worse my +18 finishes second last. Let's just move on from this contest eh? Not to discredit Dr Blind's brilliant hosting duties of course, merely the horror of the results wink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 1st September 2021, 08:20 AM
Post #202
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

indeed Dobbo, sadly. it definitely seems to be the more electronica side of EDM that is doing better at the moment - see Ben Bohmer and Swim this month. this contest only proves it further, I’m never sending trance again unless another really special track like Somebody Loves You comes along (finished 10th less than a year ago). congrats on getting a wooden spoon though, something I am still yet to accomplish!

anyhow this was a great results reveal to follow last night, great hosting effort! congrats Aesthetica on a win finally too, suppose I should have predicted it to contend as it was a rare drag queen song that I enjoyed a fair bit. KlumRep finishing as high as second was a real great surprise as well, I was familiar with the song already but it’s grown on me a lot since being sent here.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 1st September 2021, 08:29 AM
Post #203
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Funnily enough I have a Ben Bohmer song on my potentials list but thought his style was far too subtle to do well in this. Was considering sending it to this month's UP actually.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 1st September 2021, 09:45 AM
Post #204
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

No shade to trance fans, but I think the songs from that genre generally have the misfortune of being indistinguishable from one another

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 1st September 2021, 10:00 AM
Post #205
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

7th most votes in the final and joint most votes in Semi 2!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 1st September 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #206
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Echoing what Dobbo and Dan says about decline popularity of trance…hence why myself I am not confident any longer sending them, regardless of how much I love them!!!

And I know I should send songs I love no matter how they perform in contest but doing well is a part of contest and I chose to go for songs I love and have some confidence that it might do decent, in comparison to trance where I always feel like they’ll bomb.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 1st September 2021, 11:12 AM
Post #207
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I still think the right trance entry could do well personally, I don’t see why something like the Gareth Emery smashes or RAMelia still couldn’t finish as comfortable top tens if sent now.

Summericia sounded much more accessible than bottom five, but at the same time none of the recent trance entries have screamed top ten, so I guess now for trance it’s either top ten or bust with only the biggest or most distinctive songs from the genre doing anything.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st September 2021, 12:38 PM
Post #208
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

As I just posted in the Summericia thread I definitely don't find the trance entries to stand out as much these days, I don't know if it is just that we don't get as many great ones as we used to or if it is a sound that I've got a little bored of due to being a little on the samey side. I did vote for 'Somebody Loves You' so it's certainly still possible for recent trance entries to connect with me if they stand out enough, they just seem to rarely do so any more. (It would be a shame if people were put off sending the genre forever though, don't want to see it dying out in the contest completely - I mean I'm sure it won't, if that were the case people probably would have given up on sending K-Pop a long time ago with the pretty awful track record that has kink.gif)

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 1st September 2021, 12:49 PM
Post #209
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

sometimes there are songs that just connect and ones that don't and for a lot of genres there is a formula that you hear and you go YEP that's the one, but sometimes for some genres it's a case of... why this one over another? i think also when genres start to be sent there's a novelty to it and then as the years go on that sound is less impactful and bombastic - synthwave for instance

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 1st September 2021, 01:42 PM
Post #210
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yes I agree and the fact that tastes constantly change and/or evolve in this contest is what keeps it so fascinating. It's inevitable that genres come and go just like they do commercially so staying ahead of the curve is just as much of an enjoyment as it is a challenge!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 1st September 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #211
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Congratulations Aesthetica for the win! Quite a surprising winner but a decent one nonetheless!

Aesthetica's win is quite impressive since as previously pointed out this is only their third visit to the top 10 and their first time in the top 10 (or indeed top 20 as well) since BJSC 115 where they placed 4th with Slayyyter's "Alone".

+Quote this post
Lindsey.
post 1st September 2021, 04:26 PM
Post #212
Group icon
a femininomenon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

pop rock revival is all I'm gonna say

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 1st September 2021, 09:49 PM
Post #213
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

I didn’t want to post it during the contest in case it swayed opinion (either way!), but if anyone is interested in hearing the Welsh version of Rooted then check it out below!

Can’t believe it was 2 points off NQing considering it became one of Caerfyrddia’s top 3 placings laugh.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 1st September 2021, 09:54 PM
Post #214
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

It sounds even better in Welsh ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 2nd September 2021, 07:41 AM
Post #215
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

I was very tempted to send it, but I think it was the right decision to send the English version in the end given how close it was to NQing and my track record on non-English tracks isn’t great! Also, it’s not available on Spotify or YouTube which would have been a nuisance for hosts!

I still wanted to share it though as it’s an equally as lovely track in the native language.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 9th September 2021, 01:50 PM
Post #216
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Bring it on 138! cheer.gif

I already changed my mind three times and I am sure by the time 138 starts I will find something else and ignore all three tracks I originally had in plans kink.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 9th September 2021, 02:59 PM
Post #217
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

We demand 138 cheer.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 9th September 2021, 03:06 PM
Post #218
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

Plus Danævii 100 - bring it on! dance.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 9th September 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #219
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

138 is on its way soon (we have the dates for it now), apols for the slightly longer gap than normal x

Sadly Travis won't be hosting but we do have a host sorted if they would like to reveal themselves - how far did we need to go down the results this time is the question? ohmy.gif not as far as I thought we might have to actually x

+Quote this post
danG
post 9th September 2021, 04:44 PM
Post #220
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

twist: hosting rights have fallen to Buzzjack Mountain and they'll be the first nation ever to be banned from entering their own contest ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th May 2024, 02:14 AM