BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 138 - THE FINAL RESULTS
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Freeze
post 8th October 2021, 01:06 PM
Post #241
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 8,394

Oh, and thank you so much to everyone who gave points to Greenfroze! I am so happy to have finally made it to the final again, and a top 20 finish is amazing! I also can't believe I was top 5 in my semi, which is also amazing. Thanks a lot and glad so many of you liked my entry! cheer.gif

Also, congratulations to Jadakissnia! I also didn't know this was the original song. I've listened to a lof of Cascada in my life, but that was a pleasant surprise for sure.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Travis
post 8th October 2021, 02:21 PM
Post #242
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

Almost every entry in the triple digits is s sign of just how STRONG this final was! Congrats to Jade, it’s a deserved win (even though I was convinced Harry had it)!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 8th October 2021, 02:41 PM
Post #243
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Blimey.

Oooft, that was a tense finish. Congrats to Jade on a second win, always great to see a 90s eurodance classic doing well - also honoured to receive ur 18 *.*
That is so heartbreakingly close to the win for UNIIQU3/Flynnonda there. ; ( I did everything I could with my 18, but it's at least an impressive finish. Gonna listen to the EP which is out today. I'd had the CLUBKELLY track lined up for a while but hadn't ever got around to editing a video for it - glad that people enjoyed it, and a huge thanks to Chris, Kath and Jade for the 18s and an even bigger thanks to Ben for running a great contest !

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 8th October 2021, 02:47 PM
Post #244
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Congratulations to Jade and thanks to Whoddy for my 18! You might do the same in the next contest with our next rock number ! wink.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 8th October 2021, 02:56 PM
Post #245
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Well that was a tense read laugh.gif

I am not only happy to get my first medal posistion but to beaten by Jade is an honour 💙 Thanks for all the love and points for 'Microdosing'. Having hype for once was very odd but I am glad people loved it I actually was worried it would dnq due to my bad history with sending dance music.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 8th October 2021, 03:05 PM
Post #246
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

I love that top 3! I bumped Jadakissnia up from a 1 to a 7 just before I sent my votes :orangutan:

22nd new position for me so yay! Thanks so much Dan, Addy and Rob S for silver medals, and all the amazing peeps who voted for No Mission wub.gif The song is a total grower, not a shower so all this support was a pleasant shock!

Finally Kluminican Republic and Trifoski points again! It's been 84 years heart.gif w00t.gif

We demand CLUBKELLY be made available on Spotify

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 8th October 2021, 04:58 PM
Post #247
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

QUOTE(Bré @ Oct 8 2021, 01:09 AM) *
Oh and also thank you to our last few voters from the jury of course - Savan and Lee for the mealworms, Suede and Whoddy for double figure points and most of all Jacob for providing our only 18 wub.gif always nice to receive at least one x 5 medal positions in all, happy enough with that! I am running out of time to secure a top 10 hit for 2021 though eek (not that I expected this to be one of course!)
Bré it was such a great track, gave me modern/ heavier Floyd vibes! I find it hard to resist that kind of post rock- I felt like it was baiting points from me. laugh.gif

Great winner Jade! Threw a few points at it, solid track. Big thanks to Ben for hosting, great job. Hosting always seems like such hard work, you did great. ohmy.gif
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Oct 8 2021, 03:41 PM) *
Blimey.

Oooft, that was a tense finish. Congrats to Jade on a second win, always great to see a 90s eurodance classic doing well - also honoured to receive ur 18 *.*
That is so heartbreakingly close to the win for UNIIQU3/Flynnonda there. ; ( I did everything I could with my 18, but it's at least an impressive finish. Gonna listen to the EP which is out today. I'd had the CLUBKELLY track lined up for a while but hadn't ever got around to editing a video for it - glad that people enjoyed it, and a huge thanks to Chris, Kath and Jade for the 18s and an even bigger thanks to Ben for running a great contest !
I adored the Pingu video. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 8th October 2021, 05:09 PM
Post #248
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Oh wow, how bittersweet at me being the one that beat my 12 pointer, although on the other hand, I'll take not finishing in the bottom 5 after just scraping through!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 8th October 2021, 06:06 PM
Post #249
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Congrats Jade! One of the best winners in a while, of course a song I voted for as well. Vert happy to see Greta Van Fleet make the Top 5 as well (although it certainly doesn't diminish my 'male vocallists tend to do better when they have high-pitched voices' rhetoric kink.gif) And for once in a while my semi votes made absolutely no difference to who qualified! Thanks Burbe for the fab hosting!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 8th October 2021, 06:30 PM
Post #250
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Congratulations Jade!! Happy to have pointed you on the occasion of your win! Truly far better than the Cascada cover.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th October 2021, 10:43 PM
Post #251
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

QUOTE(Ho-Lee Smokes @ Oct 8 2021, 10:23 AM) *
Jade hosting for Aquafina's 50th Anniversary contest cheeseblock.png

Oh wow cheeseblock.png

Will anyone else be celebrating an anniversary? (I think it'll just be an uneventful #66 for me)

(thanks everyone btw heart.gif)

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 9th October 2021, 07:05 AM
Post #252
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Just realised it was a BJSC 74 debutee top 2, we thriving 😂

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 9th October 2021, 11:20 AM
Post #253
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Fab exciting contest well done Ben! Congrats Jade and i had no idea Cascada had covered it. Not a Cascada fan so you might have grabbed a few more points from us on principle if i'd known laugh.gif

Great to see Harry doing well and also Jordan, and what a top 15 result dance.gif I cant remember the last time our votes were so in tune with the results. And most of all well done Wholune, Greta Van Fleet clearly being the most marmite entry with all those 18s and very few non 18s points. It wouldnt have taken much of a shove to have won despite most people not liking it ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
FrankLuck
post 9th October 2021, 01:12 PM
Post #254
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,284

Congrats Jade! While I like 'A Neverending Dream', it was quite hard to rank it as I still hear it every now and then on the radio, it was a big hit here, defnitely not a long-forgotten one.
For me, 'Ignis' remains to be your far superior winner, but this was a well-deserved win too (and it was time). I was wondering why you didn't submit the song with the great video, then I found out that it's in potato quality on YouTube. Shame.
I can't wait for a Jade-contest and I hope you have a ballsy entry in mind for an AQ! cheer.gif

Although I already have a wooden spoon in my pantry, 42nd is a unique position for Land of DW, so yay for that! I didn't expect a lot better for Direkt Bock (well, I expected a BIT better), but I'm happy that finally we were the winners of the semi drama, it's been some years! (I think CloZee - Koto was the last one that made the final due to deductions).

Thanks for the flawless hosting Ben, great job! wub.gif

+Quote this post
LexC
post 9th October 2021, 05:07 PM
Post #255
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Very pleased to have got another top 10 - four very solid hits in a row for me! Don't mind the winner either even though it wasn't in my top 15 and pleased to see Wholune, Quintessa and Harmonica slaying as well.

Gonna be raiding Cascada's back catalogue for any other covers they might have done for the next contest tbh!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 9th October 2021, 05:10 PM
Post #256
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

QUOTE(LexC @ Oct 9 2021, 07:07 PM) *
Very pleased to have got another top 10 - four very solid hits in a row for me! Don't mind the winner either even though it wasn't in my top 15 and pleased to see Wholune, Quintessa and Harmonica slaying as well.

Gonna be raiding Cascada's back catalogue for any other covers they might have done for the next contest tbh!

isn't their whole discography made of covers?

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 9th October 2021, 06:08 PM
Post #257
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

QUOTE(LexC @ Oct 9 2021, 06:07 PM) *

Check out Faded by Kate DeAraugo, they turned a great pop/rocker written by The Veronicas into their usual Eurodance for the Perfect Day album (although I can’t remember if it was on the UK version of the album come to think of it!).

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 12th May 2024, 03:35 AM