BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> k👠th EOY 2022, COMPLETE! - recap video on page 4
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
k👠th
post 27th December 2022, 07:13 PM
Post #41
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

QUOTE(Ansel @ Dec 26 2022, 11:45 PM) *
Billions, Cleo and Coochie <3 Cleo is one of my favourite Shygirl songs, I love the club sound she's going for there. The Radio 1 edit of Coochie is kind of iconic too tearsmile.gif

I wish I was sung Coochie as a lullaby when I was a child Selena.png

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 26 2022, 03:13 PM) *
Great to see "Danielle" on here.

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Dec 27 2022, 08:21 PM) *
Giving Danielle a listen now, sounds like a decent dance song, I like the beat! Even if I can't work out a lot of the lyrics laugh.gif

Thanks wub.gif I'm not too familiar with the 070 Shake original vocals but they sound quite distorted although her enunciation isn't the best in the first place
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 27th December 2022, 08:25 PM
Post #42
Group icon
baddest of them all

16-20

16. Vitesse X - Us Ephemeral (7-1-1-1-6-4-8-17-24-37-32-20-43-xx) [13 wks]
17. Fred again.. - Jungle (26-13-4-2-11-12-26-29-7-12-30-17-18-14-32-41-xx) [16 wks]
18. Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug - Potion (39-4-1-1-8-18-18-13-20-22-22-18-11-24-40-48-xx) [16 wks]
19. Earth Trax - Dream Pop (12-4-9-16-19-13-13-12-11-30-27-31-xx-35-xx) [13 wks]
20. Bicep feat. Clara La San - Water (3-1-1-3-3-1-2-3-5-19-26-...) [11 wks]

Bicep's first brand new single since Isles became (unsurprisingly) their 2nd chart topper, and with only 10 weeks of listening even cracks the EOY top 20. "Water" is supremely addictive with a dizzying extended drop, encompassing everything I love about the duo's recent output. Earth Trax's "Dream Pop", like the producer's other hit on my chart "Afloat", was a go-to for me when seeking blissed-out sunset vibes. A lush, stuttering ambient breakbeat track, it was accompanied by a music video created by 3D and VR queer artists Eternal Engine, who work in the fields of inter-media, cyberfeminism and activism.

"Potion" proved somewhat marmite on Buzzjack, but I adored it. The guitar intro, bubbly and unpredictable production, and Dua’s sultry chorus hook felt like a fresh breeze on the radio airwaves. It also became Dua's 9th number one on my chart. The highest of 4 Fred again.. singles on my EOY is the hyper ravey "Jungle". It's a wild, high energy rave banger, co-produced with Four Tet and featuring a surprisingly good Elley Duhe vocal sample. This was the ultimate party starter. Vitesse X, who I discovered via Doctor Blind, was a huge breakout artist on my chart this year. "Us Ephemeral" which finished 13th for Kathaldazia in BJSC at the start of the year was an instant favorite with its dreamy vapor electronic bounce. I especially love the "hey! hey!... hey! hey!" breakdown. The music video captured the vibe immaculately.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 28th December 2022, 12:26 AM
Post #43
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Hey Kath again!

'Danielle' is fab and I remember now the Vitesse X track now I'm giving it a spin on Spotify. Was pretty good that too. 'Potion' is aight but not among any of Dua or Calvin's best and sounds like diluted lounge music which is why it didn't stick with me. 'Jungle' also decent too.

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 28th December 2022, 09:42 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Nice to see "Jungle", "Potion" and "Water" in your top 20 songs of the year.

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post 29th December 2022, 03:22 AM
Post #45
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591

I don't know many songs out here, but I like 'Water' a lot too! Very good effort from Bicep. Jungle is good too, but I didn't put it up by myself!

+Quote this post
danG
post 30th December 2022, 10:05 AM
Post #46
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

from your latest batch I know and enjoy

16. Vitesse X - Us Ephemeral
17. Fred again.. - Jungle
18. Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug - Potion – although you know my mixed feelings about this!
20. Bicep feat. Clara La San - Water
21. Shygirl - Cleo
22. Fred again.. - Danielle (smile on my face)
25. Fred again.. & I. JORDAN - Admit It (U Don't Want 2)
28. HAAi feat. Obi Franky - Purple Jelly Disc

yay for multiple Fred Again impacts, he's done a lot to save commercial dance music this year.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 30th December 2022, 10:11 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Hey Kath!

Free Yourself is absolutely groovy! It's a shame this was all she released this year but I think next year another album will maybe be on its way. Well whenever she's done touring, if she hasn't finished already. I was watching some of her performances of Save A Kiss earlier tonight. She's fantastic.
It's good to see Don't Forget here as well. That one actually landed around the same position as here on my own EOY. A fantastic comeback for her though, where was the rest of her music?
Bed for you is very decent as well. Rina still has five songs to come in my top 50. That's how much I've enjoyed her music this year. She's a fantastic woman.
No One does from love only at #41 pffft. What is this please? I don't understand! In all seriousness, song of the year for me. Potentially song if the decade this far. Absolutely outstanding.
Danielle is superb. It's charged well higher here than on my own chart but as the first song I've ever charted from Fred Again... A decent result.

Fantastic selection so far! I'm excited to see your top 15! w00t.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 30th December 2022, 10:28 PM
Post #48
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Sadly I couldn't recognise a lot here sad.gif but Jungle at number 17 is amazing. It is one of the few dance tracks which became mainstream and issa good un x

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 2nd January 2023, 08:30 PM
Post #49
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(A Roba @ Dec 28 2022, 02:26 AM) *
Hey Kath again!

'Danielle' is fab and I remember now the Vitesse X track now I'm giving it a spin on Spotify. Was pretty good that too. 'Potion' is aight but not among any of Dua or Calvin's best and sounds like diluted lounge music which is why it didn't stick with me. 'Jungle' also decent too.

Hey Roba! Diluted lounge music rotf.gif Poor Potion did seem to get quite the pile-on on Buzzjack.com this year

QUOTE(Sergej @ Dec 28 2022, 11:42 AM) *
Nice to see "Jungle", "Potion" and "Water" in your top 20 songs of the year.

Cheers Sergej!

QUOTE(Zárate @ Dec 29 2022, 05:22 AM) *
I don't know many songs out here, but I like 'Water' a lot too! Very good effort from Bicep. Jungle is good too, but I didn't put it up by myself!

Yay for another Bicep fan wub.gif

QUOTE(Dancember @ Dec 30 2022, 12:05 PM) *
from your latest batch I know and enjoy

18. Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa & Young Thug - Potion – although you know my mixed feelings about this!
21. Shygirl - Cleo

yay for multiple Fred Again impacts, he's done a lot to save commercial dance music this year.

He has indeed! A shame his album didn't quite live up to the hype. I would have loved for him to go down the ravey route a bit more

QUOTE(JSG @ Dec 31 2022, 12:11 AM) *
Hey Kath!

Free Yourself is absolutely groovy! It's a shame this was all she released this year but I think next year another album will maybe be on its way. Well whenever she's done touring, if she hasn't finished already. I was watching some of her performances of Save A Kiss earlier tonight. She's fantastic.
It's good to see Don't Forget here as well. That one actually landed around the same position as here on my own EOY. A fantastic comeback for her though, where was the rest of her music?
Bed for you is very decent as well. Rina still has five songs to come in my top 50. That's how much I've enjoyed her music this year. She's a fantastic woman.
No One does from love only at #41 pffft. What is this please? I don't understand! In all seriousness, song of the year for me. Potentially song if the decade this far. Absolutely outstanding.
Danielle is superb. It's charged well higher here than on my own chart but as the first song I've ever charted from Fred Again... A decent result.

Fantastic selection so far! I'm excited to see your top 15! w00t.gif

Hey James! Thank you cheer.gif

Jessie has left it quite long for a follow-up to Free Yourself. Makes me think she's considering a different sound sonically perhaps because it didn't get the most overwhelmingly positive reception the What's Your Pleasure era got.

Unlike Jessie, Sky going silent again post Don't Forget is anything but surprising laugh.gif I'm just glad we got a great song from her eventually

Ddd I knew you wouldn't like seeing No One Dies From Love at #41 tearsmile.gif I did consider bumping it up a spot for you if that's of any consolation

I'm glad you got into Danielle as much as you did. I didn't peg that as something you would enjoy tbh

Ty for commenting! I'll catch up on your countdown soon x

QUOTE(uhsting @ Dec 31 2022, 12:28 AM) *
Sadly I couldn't recognise a lot here sad.gif but Jungle at number 17 is amazing. It is one of the few dance tracks which became mainstream and issa good un x

It is amazing indeed and agreed a standout among the dance tracks that made the official chart.

Thanks for the comments, I'm hoping to start finishing this off tomorrow!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 3rd January 2023, 05:38 PM
Post #50
Group icon
baddest of them all

13-15

13. HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending (18-8-6-3-6-4-11-10-9-17-11-19-26-40-43-36-44-xx) [17 wks]
14. ROSALÍA - DESPECHÁ (32-24-19-17-13-13-19-10-13-18-33-30-21-13-10-21-xx) [16 wks]
15. HAAi - Bodies Of Water (49-4-3-12-8-13-4-2-4-8-18-48-20-7-22-48-48-xx) [17 wks]

I feel like I was the only one massively stanning "Bodies Of Water" at the time. There was something that just hit differently with this HAAi single. It's a more mellow affair which features her own beautifully sung vocals that masterfully switches into a pulsating breakbeat banger with chopped and pitched vocal samples from around 3:20 onwards.

I was late to the ROSALÍA hype train, only jumping aboard with "CANDY" in early 2022 which narrowly missed my EOY top 75. That song stalled at #11, but "DESPECHÁ" went one better becoming her first top 10 on my chart. Also known as the song of the southern hemisphere summer, it became a surprise Multichart top 10 hit and had a mighty impressive run on my chart for a #10 peak.

"Baby, We're Ascending" finishes as the highest HAAi track on my EOY, finishing ahead of preceding singles "Bodies Of Water" and "Purple Jelly Disc" which reached higher peaks. She also had a further two top 10s with "Human Sound" and "Biggest Mood Ever" from the same album (a must hear). "Baby, We're Ascending" is a entrancing stunner which does what it says on the tin.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 3rd January 2023, 06:18 PM
Post #51
Group icon
baddest of them all

10-12

10. Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (6-1-2-4-2-1-5-12-2-4-5-9-23-20-20-41-47-xx) [17 wks]
11. SWIM - Say Less (40-5-1-1-11-5-3-2-5-17-5-1-3-4-8-24-30-19-42-xx) [19 wks]
12. Mall Grab - Breathing (41-14-21-37-xx-35-23-14-5-4-8-8-20-28-42-xx) [14 wks]

Initially, I found Mall Grab's "Breathing" to be a cool banger, a return to form after a few meh collabs. But then it had a massive second wind thanks to the amazing music video which made me appreciate its stop-start techno so much more. It also made me return to his debut album What I Breathe with a lot more love for it than my first listen reaction (definitely a 2022 highlight for alternative electronic albums).

SWIM's "Say Less" first reached #1 in late 2021 but returned to the top spot in early 2022 thanks to a fab remix by Pretty Girl. It's a moody, understated, progressive house blast, not as immediate as "No More Tears", but more so a grower that didn't get as stale for me with repeated listens.

After having the entire top 6 of 2021's EOY, Dua Lipa manages to sneak a sole top 10 in the form of delicious collab "Sweetest Pie" in what has been a quiet year for her musically thanks to her worldwide tour which only finished in December. The song flawlessly combined one cup of Lipa’s candied vocals and one cup of Meg’s fiery verses, whisked together with a dollop of captivating chorus and baked to perfection.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd January 2023, 07:58 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Giving 'Water' a listen now - sounding quite unique but still very listenable, the vocals and bass are taking me back to the music of the early 2010s, could definitely see it being a grower!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 5th January 2023, 12:14 AM
Post #53
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Rather than pasting all the songs I love (which is pretty much all of them), I'll try and highlight some of my ABSOLUTE. faves from this amazing chart:

71. BABii feat. Iglooghost - LiiTE Apols for not posting much in her thread about this but I have been loving pretty much everything she has released so far. The whole 2-step/UKG soundscape on SCREAMER and production is absolutely top tier. Hugely underrated IMO. Even in BJSC where she flopped in the final for Cumulonimbia - the home of flops.
68. TSHA feat. Mafro - Giving Up TSHA is quite hit and miss with me but this was a definite hit, got to #8 for me and is now one of three T10 hits for her, the biggest though td remains “Sister” which got to #6 in September 2020 and #57 in my 2020 EOY.
50. KH - Looking at Your Pager BANGER. This was basically my song of the summer- loved it so much I bought the 12" vinyl immediately, and the highlight was hearing it closing the amazing set that Kieran played at Glastonbury with his mum raving in the front row- my number 7 of 2022. : )
37. I. JORDAN - Always Been This took a while to work its way into my affections but after 6Music Playlisted it I was hooked- they've had bigger hits in previous years but this did go T10. Biggest hit to-date remains “For You” which got to #1 in the summer of 2020. The re-brand has had zero impact on the quality of output so far, hyped to hear more.
27. Caroline Polachek - Billions My number 3 of the year, spending 3 weeks at #1. Hooked from the first listen, really looking forward to the album in February.
21. Shygirl - Cleo I love everything about Shygirl, she comes across so well in every interview I've seen, her asthetic and vibe are always completely on-point and her new album this year was a captivating listen. Great for a night drive. My Christmas number 1 for 2021.
13. HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending HAAi was the most successful artist on my chart this year- everything from “The Sun Made For A Soft Landing” to her collab. with Daniel Avery. All fantastic.

Can't decide whether it'll be “B.O.T.A.” or “Chaos Energy” at #1 but both will be amazing choices (or might it be something else??)

+Quote this post
Brer
post 6th January 2023, 09:02 PM
Post #54
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Hey worstie hi.gif oop I always get way too behind on all the EOYs but caught up with this one so far at last x

I'm glad you did come around to the Mall Grab album in the end, there were loads of great songs on there with 'Breathing' defo being a highlight heart.gif That ROSALÍA sandwich with HAAi bread cheeseblock.png 'Baby, We're Ascending' was my fave of the HAAi singles (although I liked the album track 'Pigeon Barron' even more) + we obviously stan 'DESPECHÁ' song of ha southern hemisphere summer x 'Jungle' and 'Water' are both fantastic too, I slightly prefer the instrumental 'Waterfall' version of the latter though (I kinda wish there was a version with the production from that but keeping Clara's vocals). 'Potion' was over-hated, most of the rest of the album was mid tho oop x

Faves from 21-75 (most of them - a few I've not heard, I ought to check out Earth Trax based on your description):

21. Shygirl - Cleo
22. Fred again.. - Danielle (smile on my face) I do prefer the original 070 Shake song ngl but this was a pretty good remix
23. Shygirl - Coochie (a bedtime story)
24. Daniel Avery feat. HAAi - Wall Of Sleep wub.gif
27. Caroline Polachek - Billions her best song to date I think, gorgeous
30. Burial & Four Tet - Nova
32. Overmono - Gunk
33. O'Flynn & Frazer Ray - Holsten argeed at this being one of the best on their album
34. Elkka - I Just Want To Love You
35. Shygirl - Shlut
37. I. JORDAN - Always Been
38. Joy Orbison & Overmono - Blind Date
39. TSHA feat. Clementine Douglas - Dancing In The Shadows
41. Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love
42. Overmono - Bone Mics think this one is my fave from them so far, they've been a fab artist discovery this year anyway!
44. Skin On Skin & X CLUB. - Rise Up
46. Shonen Bat & JKS - Garonor (93 Club Mix)
48. Leon Vynehall - Endless (I)
49. Sofia Kourtesis feat. Manu Chao - Estación Esperanza
50. KH - Looking at Your Pager
51. SWIM - Better Now (No_4mat Remix)
53. Sky Ferreira - Don't Forget the way she has fully fallen off the planet AGAIN since this ddd
54. Charli XCX feat. Rina Sawayama - Beg For You
55. SWIM - Inside
56. Fred again.. - Bleu (better with time)
61. PinkPantheress & Sam Gellaitry - Picture in my mind think this was my fave PinkPantheress track of the year, underrated
62. Joshua Amour - In My Mind
63. Jessie Ware - Free Yourself
64. ABSOLUTE. - Stuck In Love
65. PinkPantheress feat. WILLOW - Where you are
67. X CLUB. - Everything Comes True
68. TSHA feat. Mafro - Giving Up
70. I. JORDAN - Hey Baby Mr. Oizo vibes iirc lmao but banger
71. BABii feat. Iglooghost - LiiTE
72. Vitesse X - Centrifuge Me liked this even more than the one you sent to BJSC heart.gif
73. Soccer Mommy - Shotgun
75. Orbital - Are We Here? (30 Something) (Dusky Remix)

Love to see all the electronic gurls & non-binaries

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 6th January 2023, 10:31 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

DESPECHÁAAAAAA clap.gif la reina la motomami clap.gif I remember the HAAi tracks sounding really nice too, also great to see the super stable hit Sweetest Pie smashing cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th January 2023, 09:39 PM
Post #56
Group icon
I was waitin' in the garden
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Hey Kerthhhh hi.gif heart.gif big catch up time since I last commented, my favourites have been:

55. SWIM - Inside
53. Sky Ferreira - Don't Forget
35. Shygirl - Shlut
33. O'Flynn & Frazer Ray - Holsten
32. Overmono - Gunk
24. Daniel Avery feat. HAAi - Wall Of Sleep
21. Shygirl - Cleo
15. HAAi - Bodies Of Water
14. ROSALÍA - DESPECHÁ
13. HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending
12. Mall Grab - Breathing

The absolute taste on display here as ever w00t.gif what kind of electronic paradise?!

All of these HAAi appearances *.* just had a look in my 2022 playlist and I forgot that I had charted her as many as 7 times, so she really was an essential artist last year. In response to your 'Bodies Of Water' commentary - I really enjoyed that at the time too but it was so unlucky to debut in my chart the same week MOTOMAMI dropped, nothing else stood a chance cry.gif laugh.gif speaking of which... 'DESPECHÁ' making it here yesssss we love to see it! Glad that won you over.

So much Shygirl too <3 I definitely progressed into a stan in 2022 and I think 'Cleo' was my turning point, so great to see that popping up here.

Fred again.. has of course been on fire too! He's been so prolific that I kinda forgot about 'Admit It (U Don't Want 2)' but that was such a tune, forced to stan an Ari album track as a sampling choice x

Thanks for introducing so many great artists into my life this year via BJSC - from X Club to Vitesse X heart.gif (Liberty X who?) excited to see what Kathaldazia bring in 2023!

I think our poppier tastes are on a similar wavelength too as I love the Tove Lo and Sky Ferreira picks, both excellent synth-pop releases.

Hyped for the top 10 cheer.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th January 2023, 12:01 PM
Post #57
Group icon
baddest of them all

So sorry for the delay! But I finally have some down time to try and finish this. I can't believe it's taken me so long after starting off so swiftly in the first week drama.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 3 2023, 09:58 PM) *
Giving 'Water' a listen now - sounding quite unique but still very listenable, the vocals and bass are taking me back to the music of the early 2010s, could definitely see it being a grower!

cheer.gif

I didn't expect you to like it! Although it is probably the most accessible single Bicep have released, even more so than their actual ones that made the UK Chart and the recently platinum certified 'Glue'

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jan 5 2023, 02:14 AM) *
Rather than pasting all the songs I love (which is pretty much all of them), I'll try and highlight some of my ABSOLUTE. faves from this amazing chart:

71. BABii feat. Iglooghost - LiiTE Apols for not posting much in her thread about this but I have been loving pretty much everything she has released so far. The whole 2-step/UKG soundscape on SCREAMER and production is absolutely top tier. Hugely underrated IMO. Even in BJSC where she flopped in the final for Cumulonimbia - the home of flops.
68. TSHA feat. Mafro - Giving Up TSHA is quite hit and miss with me but this was a definite hit, got to #8 for me and is now one of three T10 hits for her, the biggest though td remains “Sister” which got to #6 in September 2020 and #57 in my 2020 EOY.
50. KH - Looking at Your Pager BANGER. This was basically my song of the summer- loved it so much I bought the 12" vinyl immediately, and the highlight was hearing it closing the amazing set that Kieran played at Glastonbury with his mum raving in the front row- my number 7 of 2022. : )
37. I. JORDAN - Always Been This took a while to work its way into my affections but after 6Music Playlisted it I was hooked- they've had bigger hits in previous years but this did go T10. Biggest hit to-date remains “For You” which got to #1 in the summer of 2020. The re-brand has had zero impact on the quality of output so far, hyped to hear more.
27. Caroline Polachek - Billions My number 3 of the year, spending 3 weeks at #1. Hooked from the first listen, really looking forward to the album in February.
21. Shygirl - Cleo I love everything about Shygirl, she comes across so well in every interview I've seen, her asthetic and vibe are always completely on-point and her new album this year was a captivating listen. Great for a night drive. My Christmas number 1 for 2021.
13. HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending HAAi was the most successful artist on my chart this year- everything from “The Sun Made For A Soft Landing” to her collab. with Daniel Avery. All fantastic.

Can't decide whether it'll be “B.O.T.A.” or “Chaos Energy” at #1 but both will be amazing choices (or might it be something else??)

71. Argeed! I was stunned that she flopped in BJSC and I've been tempted to send her a few times, 'EMBER' in particular sounded like something would do well in the contest. I love she released a 44-minute long "ambient behind the scenes" video for 'NECTA' laugh.gif

68. Our tastes firmly aligned again! Those 3 are my faves from TSHA as well. Although 'I Know' and 'BOYZ' went top 10 for me too, but the album itself is quite hit and miss, some truly meh songs on it.

50. Oop my memory isn't failing me then! I just commented about this on your EOY.

37. Interesting! Their songs in general have a very repetitive quality which also take me quite a while to fully enjoy.

21. We all deserve to live in a world where Shygirl is the Christmas #1 tbh.

I don't wanna spoil too much but those are some pretty great guesses! Ty for commenting heart.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th January 2023, 12:17 PM
Post #58
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Brer @ Jan 6 2023, 11:02 PM) *
Hey worstie hi.gif oop I always get way too behind on all the EOYs but caught up with this one so far at last x

I'm glad you did come around to the Mall Grab album in the end, there were loads of great songs on there with 'Breathing' defo being a highlight heart.gif That ROSALÍA sandwich with HAAi bread cheeseblock.png 'Baby, We're Ascending' was my fave of the HAAi singles (although I liked the album track 'Pigeon Barron' even more) + we obviously stan 'DESPECHÁ' song of ha southern hemisphere summer x 'Jungle' and 'Water' are both fantastic too, I slightly prefer the instrumental 'Waterfall' version of the latter though (I kinda wish there was a version with the production from that but keeping Clara's vocals). 'Potion' was over-hated, most of the rest of the album was mid tho oop x

Faves from 21-75 (most of them - a few I've not heard, I ought to check out Earth Trax based on your description):

21. Shygirl - Cleo
22. Fred again.. - Danielle (smile on my face) I do prefer the original 070 Shake song ngl but this was a pretty good remix
24. Daniel Avery feat. HAAi - Wall Of Sleep wub.gif
27. Caroline Polachek - Billions her best song to date I think, gorgeous
30. Burial & Four Tet - Nova
32. Overmono - Gunk
33. O'Flynn & Frazer Ray - Holsten argeed at this being one of the best on their album
35. Shygirl - Shlut
38. Joy Orbison & Overmono - Blind Date
39. TSHA feat. Clementine Douglas - Dancing In The Shadows
42. Overmono - Bone Mics think this one is my fave from them so far, they've been a fab artist discovery this year anyway!
48. Leon Vynehall - Endless (I)
50. KH - Looking at Your Pager
51. SWIM - Better Now (No_4mat Remix)
53. Sky Ferreira - Don't Forget the way she has fully fallen off the planet AGAIN since this ddd
54. Charli XCX feat. Rina Sawayama - Beg For You
55. SWIM - Inside
56. Fred again.. - Bleu (better with time)
61. PinkPantheress & Sam Gellaitry - Picture in my mind think this was my fave PinkPantheress track of the year, underrated
62. Joshua Amour - In My Mind
63. Jessie Ware - Free Yourself
64. ABSOLUTE. - Stuck In Love
65. PinkPantheress feat. WILLOW - Where you are
67. X CLUB. - Everything Comes True
68. TSHA feat. Mafro - Giving Up
70. I. JORDAN - Hey Baby Mr. Oizo vibes iirc lmao but banger
71. BABii feat. Iglooghost - LiiTE
72. Vitesse X - Centrifuge Me liked this even more than the one you sent to BJSC heart.gif
73. Soccer Mommy - Shotgun
75. Orbital - Are We Here? (30 Something) (Dusky Remix)

Love to see all the electronic gurls & non-binaries

hi.gif

Thanks for catching up! The Mall Grab album has been quite the revelation for me. Ty for reminding me about it heart.gif I've even come around to 'Understand' after finding the vocals too jarring. The Nia Archives collab is still surprisingly dull though.

We detect taste! 'Pigeon Barron' is easily my fave of the HAAi album tracks. Interesting that you prefer 'Waterfall', I think the production changes and Clara really elevate the original. Yay for another 'Potion' defender! It felt like it was only me and Rich at the time of release vs. the rest of the forum laugh.gif

I'd think Earth Trax would be up your street! He has quite a varied and experimental sound although I'm more drawn to the ambient breakbeat type tracks.

'Bone Mics' is up their with Overmono's best for me too! Nice to read that actually bc I know a lot of people who prefer a few of their older stuff.

I was happy to see you also enjoy 'Picture in my mind' so much! You being a Sam Gellaitry stan might have had something to do with that though? thinking.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th January 2023, 12:22 PM
Post #59
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Ansel @ Jan 7 2023, 12:31 AM) *
DESPECHÁAAAAAA clap.gif la reina la motomami clap.gif I remember the HAAi tracks sounding really nice too, also great to see the super stable hit Sweetest Pie smashing cheer.gif

clap.gif

I'd highly recommend listening to HAAi's recent album Baby, We're Ascending if you get a chance! And yaaaass g'won 2nd most stable 2nd week smash, "a song that you need to know" - Rolling Stone

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 14th January 2023, 12:49 PM
Post #60
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 9 2023, 11:39 PM) *
Hey Kerthhhh hi.gif heart.gif big catch up time since I last commented, my favourites have been:

55. SWIM - Inside
53. Sky Ferreira - Don't Forget
35. Shygirl - Shlut
33. O'Flynn & Frazer Ray - Holsten
32. Overmono - Gunk
24. Daniel Avery feat. HAAi - Wall Of Sleep
21. Shygirl - Cleo
15. HAAi - Bodies Of Water
14. ROSALÍA - DESPECHÁ
13. HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending
12. Mall Grab - Breathing

The absolute taste on display here as ever w00t.gif what kind of electronic paradise?!

All of these HAAi appearances *.* just had a look in my 2022 playlist and I forgot that I had charted her as many as 7 times, so she really was an essential artist last year. In response to your 'Bodies Of Water' commentary - I really enjoyed that at the time too but it was so unlucky to debut in my chart the same week MOTOMAMI dropped, nothing else stood a chance cry.gif laugh.gif speaking of which... 'DESPECHÁ' making it here yesssss we love to see it! Glad that won you over.

So much Shygirl too <3 I definitely progressed into a stan in 2022 and I think 'Cleo' was my turning point, so great to see that popping up here.

Fred again.. has of course been on fire too! He's been so prolific that I kinda forgot about 'Admit It (U Don't Want 2)' but that was such a tune, forced to stan an Ari album track as a sampling choice x

Thanks for introducing so many great artists into my life this year via BJSC - from X Club to Vitesse X heart.gif (Liberty X who?) excited to see what Kathaldazia bring in 2023!

I think our poppier tastes are on a similar wavelength too as I love the Tove Lo and Sky Ferreira picks, both excellent synth-pop releases.

Hyped for the top 10 cheer.gif

hi.gif Jerrd!

Ty for taking the time to catch up! I stan the "electronic paradise" comment! I have become quite the alt electronic stan in recent years! What an amazing music scene it's been to delve into

Amazing that HAAi charted 7 times for you! She's charted 7 times for me as well I think! The 5 singles + 2 Daniel Avery collabs. I adore her and she's so down to earth and supportive of other electronic acts on social media. Yay for another 'Bodies of Water' stan!

Interestingly 'Cleo' was also my turning point for Shygirl as well! And 'Firefly' laminated the stan card. I think those two are my fave tracks by her to date, although the album is stacked with amazing deep cuts like 'Woe', 'Honey' and 'Wildfire'

'Admit It' did seem to get quite overlooked at the time especially compared to all the mainstream breakthroughs Fred had this year. It's so amazingly produced, and you can firmly hear the i
JORDAN influence. I remember playing it a lot at pool parties in the summer and my friends would go wild every time it played *.*

Loving that comment about my BJSC entries. Thanks so much wub.gif 2022 is going to be tough to follow up but I'll give it a good shot

💞💞

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 30th May 2024, 07:21 AM