BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Summericia National Thread, BJSC 165 : Royal Otis - Oysters In My Pocket
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Roba.
post 27th September 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 22 2016, 01:25 PM) *
Cool My Rush is my favourite, followed by Show Me Your Colours, Danger Love and Cure.

QUOTE(Cody Hough @ Sep 23 2016, 03:34 AM) *
Wasn't "Cure" sent already?

"Colors" > "Danger Love" > "Cool My Rush"

QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 24 2016, 03:52 AM) *
Oops, I forgot about sending my Genevieve potential. Hopefully she'll get entered to BJSC eventually laugh.gif

I still might not bother with either as I'm wanting something to keep my momentum going & I'm not confident with either of these. Hmm... It might be because of how 'Invisible' ended up mind!

Thanks for the rankings though guys. Hazard a feeling Colours would be the more common choice in preference but we'll see. Still got a week to come up with something especially for the name return :/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 7th October 2016, 06:02 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Rob aah

Genevieve are delighted to have the honour of representing Summericia into the 89th Buzzjack Contest & explains that the message of the song is to basically focus on the happy and positive stuff in your life. To be fair with all the goings on in the world this year we really need to so kudos on the inspiration Gene, adding that the track is the happiest song she's released so hopefully this will book them a spot in the final.

Extra mention that it's been a #1 in my own personal chart having two non consecutive stints there whilst notching up 15 Weeks inside the top 40 *.* hopefully this will prove successful with voters~

This post has been edited by rob s: 7th October 2016, 06:05 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 11th October 2016, 09:23 PM
Post #63
Group icon
Rob aah

Genevieve is overjoyed to be in the final. cheer.gif

Keep Showing Them COLOURS & keep voting for Summericia angel.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 11th October 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Only gave the Semi one listen-through but this really stood out in a big way, hope it can be a new peaker for you!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 11th October 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #65
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Ðøßßø @ Oct 11 2016, 10:59 PM) *
Only gave the Semi one listen-through but this really stood out in a big way, hope it can be a new peaker for you!

Thanks Dobbo and so it seems to have done with several people judging by the plug reaction ;o I must admit I would love to continue my upward surgence tbh kink.gif #hopeithappenslol although I do feel it could get lost in a extremely strong final. Hopefully not though...

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th October 2016, 11:52 AM
Post #66
Group icon
Rob aah

Well.... we made the final for a 2nd consecutive time so that was a success, we did want to be higher than 40th with Genevieve personally but no bad blood really as it was possibly my favourite contest this year ohmy.gif

right now onto potentials
Yes one of them is going in the direction of trance again despite the DNQ with Dive heehee.gif

let me know what you prefer and state also what positions they are looking for so it gives me a clear idea. if I get loads of this is 'borderline' then I'll scrap it and look for something else lmao but I do rank all these pretty highly!

Just a side note :'Destiny, 'Not To Worry' are currently in my top 40 and Wafia has already been in my chart back in May plus an alternative potential to Dive as well as 'give love a try' tongue.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 19th October 2016, 12:47 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Destiny - Q - nice trance track! Could be a top 30 finish
Heartburn - borderline - hmm, not sure this will stand out but could Q
Not To Worry - borderline - quite good, again I'm not sure it will make a huge impression
Sirens - Q - this is more anthemic and could get a reasonable position if people get behind it, I'd say 25-35
Old Guitar - borderline - Avicii-esque but it's catchy and could do ok if Dan/Ethan/Mack are in the same semi (just sounds like it would be up their street)
Painting Pictures - borderline - didn't leave an impression on me but could Q I suppose

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 19th October 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Oct 19 2016, 01:47 PM) *
Destiny - Q - nice trance track! Could be a top 30 finish
Heartburn - borderline - hmm, not sure this will stand out but could Q
Not To Worry - borderline - quite good, again I'm not sure it will make a huge impression
Sirens - Q - this is more anthemic and could get a reasonable position if people get behind it, I'd say 25-35
Old Guitar - borderline - Avicii-esque but it's catchy and could do ok if Dan/Ethan/Mack are in the same semi (just sounds like it would be up their street)
Painting Pictures - borderline - didn't leave an impression on me but could Q I suppose

Thanks Rich, definitely agree with you that Dan & Ethan will likely like Bunt. tbh tongue.gif

Anymore pls?

+Quote this post
m
post 23rd October 2016, 05:20 PM
Post #69
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Destiny - I really liked this on first listen! Great production throughout the whole thing, think it's probably a Q as well.

Heartburn - I agree with Rich, sounds like kind of a borderline... it's nice enough as a song.

Not to Worry - First thought: Don't really like these vocals. Interesting song and could grow on me (and potentially other people) with more listens, but I'm leaning towards a DNQ.

Sirens - personally not really a fan, sounds a bit more like a Q than the previous song but I still think it's a DNQ tbh, or maybe a Q with a low finishing position (that can't happen to you again!).

Old Guitar - not quite my thing, but nice enough (it grew on me a bit by the end). I'd call it a borderline.

Painting Pictures - once again, not really a fan of the vocals but the song is interesting! I really want you to Q but for some reason I'm leaning towards thinking this is a DNQ.

Good luck!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 23rd October 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I hope Destiny is the one who you are considering...we need more trance in BJSC wub.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 23rd October 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Mattias @ Oct 23 2016, 06:20 PM) *
Destiny - I really liked this on first listen! Great production throughout the whole thing, think it's probably a Q as well.

Heartburn - I agree with Rich, sounds like kind of a borderline... it's nice enough as a song.

Not to Worry - First thought: Don't really like these vocals. Interesting song and could grow on me (and potentially other people) with more listens, but I'm leaning towards a DNQ.

Sirens - personally not really a fan, sounds a bit more like a Q than the previous song but I still think it's a DNQ tbh, or maybe a Q with a low finishing position (that can't happen to you again!).

Old Guitar - not quite my thing, but nice enough (it grew on me a bit by the end). I'd call it a borderline.

Painting Pictures - once again, not really a fan of the vocals but the song is interesting! I really want you to Q but for some reason I'm leaning towards thinking this is a DNQ.

Good luck!

Lol very truthful predictions there with the Dnq/borderline stuff. At least it kinda shows me why I seem to just qualify by the skin of my teeth most of the time haha!

QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Oct 23 2016, 06:23 PM) *
I hope Destiny is the one who you are considering...we need more trance in BJSC wub.gif

Haha I'm sure Snakey would agree with you here wink.gif

Thanks guys!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 30th October 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Rob aah

To represent us into the 90th song Contest we've gone for a very risky track by ukranian metal band Ignea with there track 'Alga', the track's music Is backed by a symphonic orchestra. WE hope you appreciate this different direction of song this month and fingers crossed it's a success!

(P.s. We realise we're in a guitar dominant semi so if you really enjoy or love our track then do vote as votes are much needed and appreciated).

This post has been edited by Rob Goblin: 31st October 2016, 12:00 AM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 6th November 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Rob aah

party.gif We qualified for a 3rd consecutive time dance.gif thanks all you that voted as per. Please do keep it coming in the final <3

SLAY Ignea SLAY *_________*

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th November 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Rob aah

YAY NEW PEAK again... thanks guys cheer.gif what a way to end the year wub.gif I'm so pleased as I much prefer it to 'The Glittering Gutter' too even though that was great as well!

We look forward to participating in the rejects contest next month but as far as BJSC goes this has been a fantastic year and of course ending on a high yahoo.gif

See you in 2017!! *.*

stay tuned tho for an eoy coming immenently tho, *jumps on bandwagon* *.*

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 13th November 2016, 09:14 PM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th November 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #75
Group icon
Rob aah

can't remember which countries sent which so apologies for that oop anyhow! (bear in mind some I didn't even vote for that have even grown on me since) there's bound to be loads more worthy of top 100 but these were the ones that stuck out as highlight or ones I pointed!

100. Alfons - Ganjaman
99. Monarchy - Dance like Hell
98. Bearson Ft Cal - Want You
97. Illenium Ft Joni Fatora - Fortress
96. Youngr - Out of my system
95. Timeflies - Once In A While
94. High Contrast Ft Claire Maguire - Who's Loving You
93. Yoko Ono Ft Penguin Prison - She Gets Down On Her Knees
92. Hayley Kyyoko - Gravel To Tempo
91. 9 Muses - Hurt Locker
90. Clement Bazin - With You
89. Hayley Orrantia - Strong Sweet & Southern
88. PARRI$ - Nasty
87. Foreign Air - Echo
86. Real Lies- North Circular
85. TRXD Ft Hilde - Wherever You Go
84. BB Diamond - Praying
83. Paperwhite - Getaway
82. Mome Ft Merryn Jeann - Aloha
81. Glades - Her (Loving You)
80. KLS Ft Remi - Reocver
79. April Ivy- Be Ok
78. MSTR Roger - I'll Take You
77. Martin Jansen- All I Wanna Do
76. NEIKED - Sexual
75. ARIA - Maze
74. Highlight Tribe - Free Tibet
73. Princess Chelsea - The Cigarette Song
72. Jule Vera - Die Trying
71. Lilyer - I Was At Your Side
70. Above & beyond Ft Alex Vargas - All Over The World
69. Mike Perry Ft Shy Martin - The Ocean
68. Helly Luv - Revolution
67. Maty Noyes- In My Mind
66. kontrust - Sock N Doll
65. Phoebe Ryan - Chronic
64. Rain Man Ft Oly - Bring Back The Summer
63. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance the Way I Feel
62. RIVRS- Falling
61. Blackbriar - Until Eternity
60. Joy Williams - Before I Sleep
59. Wardruna - Odal
58. Lisa Ajax - Give Me All That
57. Claudia Kane - Einstein
56. Sarah Mark - Tun Up
55. Dub FX- So Are You?
54. Ryos Ft Karra - Where We Are
53. Theia - Roam
52. Billie Black - Waited For You
51. Color Guard - In Your Bones

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 13th November 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #76
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Yasss Aria wub.gif

I think you loved Casi so hope she does quite well here!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th November 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #77
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,061

good to see April here!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th November 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #78
Group icon
stick my flag in the dirt, watch it blow
User: 8,300

Congrats on getting another new peak (just about!), glad to have finally been able to give you some points in a BJSC final! <3

(and ooh yay @ Color Guard showing up in your EOY! Standouts from that lot for me are Billie Black, Wardruna, Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, Hilight Tribe, Real Lies, Clément Bazin and Yoko Ono wub.gif plenty of other fab songs too ~)

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 13th November 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

Casually waiting for "Gone"/"Higher"/"Never Stop" in the top 50 but first yay for Rain Man being on there!

+Quote this post
m
post 14th November 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #80
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132

Ooh, I didn't know you liked 'With You' (or my memory failed me), good to see 'Until Eternity' here as well, think I might see Allie X somewhere in the next batch too wink.gif

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th May 2024, 02:51 AM