BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Boulet Brothers' Dragula | Season 5, Premieres Halloween on AMC+ and Shudder!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
DanielSwift
post 3rd October 2023, 05:17 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 119,363

11 ghouls from across the world will compete for the title of the World's Next Drag Supermonster. Who are the contestant vying for the title? Let's find out!

Anna Phylactic
Hometown: Manchester, U.K.
Pronouns: She/her, he/him, they/them
Drag style: Drag queen
Official bio: An international drag artist, Anna brings her many years of experience as a valued member of "The Family Gorgeous" to the show. Her greatest strengths are her fabulous personality, her theatrical sensibility, and her deadly looks. Anna has a fearless fervor and is ready to throw herself at any challenge The Boulet Brothers' Dragula puts before her in her pursuit for the title.

Blackberri
Hometown: Houston, TX
Pronouns: She/her, he/him
Official bio: Blackberri is known as the bearded beauty of Texas! Her prowess as an emcee and her performance abilities have earned her a lot of respect and a lot of success in the Houston scene. She brings a revolving door of talents to the competition, including comedy, acting, performance, and makeup skills. Blackberri is a jack of all trades, and would be very foolish for anyone to underestimate.

Cynthia Doll
Hometown: Kansas City, MO
Pronouns: She/her
Official bio: Cynthia terrorizes Kansas City, Mo. with her high energy performances, her personality, and her horror-inspired fashion sense. She wouldn't be caught dead in anything but custom "coutorture" every time she takes the stage. Never "drama" but always "dramatic," Cynthia never starts trouble, but if someone has a problem with her, she promises to end it.

Fantasia Royale Gaga
Hometown: Miami, FL
Drag style: Drag artist
Official bio: Fantasia is ready to take on the competition with her dangerous curves, her beautiful face, and her 20-plus years of experience as an entertainer. As an iconic fixture in the Miami scene, Fantasia hopes to bury the other competitors with her professionalism, poise, and personality. The body has arrived, honey!

Jarvis Hammer
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Pronouns: He/him
Drag style: Drag king
Official bio: Jarvis Hammer not only brings a stunning ghostly visual aesthetic to all of his drag looks, but also delivers fabulous performances showcasing his signature comedic styling. With a background in stand-up comedy, they bring a fresh and funny element to the competition. Jarvis is death-defyingly dashing, extremely dramatic, and very dead.

Jay Kay
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Pronouns: They/them
Official bio: Jay Kay is a noxious mix of camp, gender-blending, and a whole lot of punk-rock personality. They are here to be louder, bigger, and more annoying than any other competitor to ever grace The Boulet Brothers' Dragula stage. They are "the most annoying person you ever met," and hope that a big personality is enough to bring them to the finale, and, ultimately, the title of the world's next Drag Supermonster.

Niohuru X
Hometown: Tianjin, China
Pronouns: She/her, they/them
Official bio: Niohuru is a recent transplant from China who has come to the United States to pursue her professional dreams. She is a makeup artist and fashion entrepreneur who uses cutting-edge technology to elevate her brand of twisted fashion and hardcore glam. Niohuru makes up for her lack of stage performance experience with huge amounts of enthusiasm and visionary drag looks.

Onyx Ondyx
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Official bio: Onyx Ondyx is the commodity of oddities and a self-described "freak show showgirl" extraordinaire. Onyx is known for her terrifying and show-stopping circus sideshow stunts that keep audiences in Philadelphia coming back for more. With a high pain tolerance and a penchant for stage stunts, Onyx hopes that her unique sideshow skillset will win her the crown.

Orkgotik
Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pronouns: He/him
Official bio: Orkgotik is one of the diverse international competitors on the fifth season of The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Hailing from South America, he has come to the United States for the first time to compete on the show and feature his truly unique and horrifying drag skills. He uses his experimental prosthetic work to create otherworldly, nightmarish visions that celebrate despair, desire, and the darkness that lives in us all.

Satanna
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Pronouns: She/her, they/them
Official bio: Satanna is here to raise some hell and show the world that she is as feisty and fiery as she is fierce and talented. Her three greatest strengths are her performance capabilities, her gorgeous make up, and her ability to verbally destroy anyone! Her hot pink, candy-coated exterior betrays the bitchy devil dwelling on the inside. You've been warned.

Throb Zombie
Hometown: Boston, MA
Pronouns: They/them
Drag style: Monster drag king
Official bio: Throb Zombie is a horror-obsessed drag king fueled by all things spooky and creepy. With a punk rock aesthetic and a history in burlesque performance, they also love to consistently up the ante on their stage shows with a huge injection of sex appeal. Combining elements of both drag kings and drag queens, Throb promises to show us an unexpected side to the world of monster drag.

The Boulet Brothers' Dragula Season 5 premieres Tuesday 31st October on AMC+ and Shudder!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 3rd October 2023, 08:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Exciting! ready for this. Great first post too ty for all the detail!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 4th October 2023, 02:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

So excited for this!! All did amazing in promo!!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th October 2023, 12:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Fantasia Royale Gaga that is MOTHER, she absolutely has to be top 3 at the least.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 5th October 2023, 12:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Amazing to see Anna in this, hope she slays as Cheddar did on Drag Race wub.gif

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 18th October 2023, 10:23 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

The "Meet Our Monsters" videos were released yesterday!

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 31st October 2023, 12:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 1 spoilers:

The theme was "Terror in the Woods".

Win: Niohuru X
High: Blackberri, Orkgotik
Safe: Anna Phylactic, Cynthia Doll, Fantasia Royale Gaga, Jarvis Hammer, Throb Zombie
Low: Onyx Ondyx
Bottom 2: Jay Kay, Satanna
Exterminated: Jay Kay

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd November 2023, 09:22 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Niohuru and Ork murdered this challenge!! I think I would have gone for Anna or Cynthia in the top over Blackberri but I think Blackberri probably did the best job out of anyone of showing who they were within this look, I just think think that Anna and Cynthia had better looks overall.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 6th November 2023, 05:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Liаm @ Nov 2 2023, 09:22 AM) *
Niohuru and Ork murdered this challenge!! I think I would have gone for Anna or Cynthia in the top over Blackberri but I think Blackberri probably did the best job out of anyone of showing who they were within this look, I just think think that Anna and Cynthia had better looks overall.

I was honestly shocked that Anna wasn't in the top this week.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 7th November 2023, 12:41 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 2 spoilers:

The theme was "Trashcan Kids" (inspired by the Garbage Pail Kids cards)

Win: Throb Zombie
High: Niohuru X, Orkgotik
Safe: Blackberri, Fantasia Royale Gaga, Jarvis Hammer, Jay Kay (returned), Satanna
Low: Anna Phylactic
Bottom 2: Cynthia Doll, Onyx Ondyx
Exterminated: Onyx Ondyx

This post has been edited by DanielSwift: 7th November 2023, 12:41 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th November 2023, 02:51 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I think Anna should have gone home this week tbh, I definitely think Cynthia has more to show so I’m glad she’s staying but for me Anna hasn’t really showed who she is either of the two weeks even though I really liked her look last week. It would have been a shame to lose Anna this week but I don’t think Onyx deserved bottom 2 really as if you look at the source material she did well even if I didn’t LOVE the look. Idk I think Onyx isn’t here at the right time but if you judge it based on this week I don’t think she was the right choice to go home.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 7th November 2023, 10:58 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Jay Kay should’ve stayed gone !!!

Loving Cynthia the most so phew at that ending. Her shroom look last week was underrated!

+Quote this post
152chris
post 13th November 2023, 09:36 PM
Post #13
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

throb’s look was so good this week. loving both the kings tbh

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th November 2023, 02:46 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Anna go girl give us NOTHING. Sadly Fantasia also needs to step it up, she is legendary and so amazing but she hasn’t adapted so well to Dragula yet imo. Her performance in the lip sync was top tier though.

As much as Nio and Ork are eating this up, my winner pick for me is Throb! Nio and Ork I feel sometimes struggle with being on theme, but they have the best looks, whereas Throb so far I feel is so good at adapting his drag for the themes given. Nio is by far and away the most creative monster though and I can’t wait to see what she brings every week.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 14th November 2023, 09:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 3 spoilers:

The 10 remaining monsters were tasked to create a haunted hotel themed look, and to lip sync to "At The Devil's Ball" from 1913.

Win: Jay Kay
High: Niohuru X, Throb Zombie
Safe: Blackberri, Cynthia Doll, Fantasia Royale Gaga, Jarvis Hammer
Bottom 3: Anna Phylactic, Orkgotik (placed there by Jarvis), Satanna
Exterminated: Satanna

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th November 2023, 01:22 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

2 part episode tonight for some reason, not sure what’s going on but hype!

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 21st November 2023, 12:14 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 4 spoilers:

The 9 remaining monsters were tasked to showcase a "Monsters of Rock" look with big spikes, big hair and big makeup.

Win: Fantasia Royale Gaga
High: Niohuru X, Orkgotik
Safe: Anna Phylactic, Cynthia Doll, Throb Zombie
Low: Blackberri
Bottom 2: Jay Kay, Jarvis Hammer
Exterminated: Jarvis Hammer

This post has been edited by DanielSwift: 21st November 2023, 12:14 PM

+Quote this post
152chris
post 22nd November 2023, 02:33 PM
Post #18
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

so sad for jarvis, but they were definitely a bit stuck in character and the stage presence was smaller last night for it.
cynthia is LUCKY tho. would have much rather seen her vs. jay in the bottom. the look was so basic.

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 28th November 2023, 03:31 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 5 spoilers:

The 8 remaining monsters were split up into two teams of four, and were tasked to perform a remix of the Boulet Brothers' "Gods of Death".

Win: Orkgotik
High: Cynthia Doll, Jay Kay, Throb Zombie
Safe: Blackberri, Fantasia Royale Gaga
Bottom 2: Anna Phylactic, Niohuru X
Exterminated: Anna Phylactic

+Quote this post
DanielSwift
post 5th December 2023, 12:00 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Episode 6 spoilers:

The 7 remaining monsters were tasked to create an intergalactic sex worker look, and perform an original script to sell the character.

Win: Blackberri
High: Niohuru X, Throb Zombie
Safe: Cynthia Doll
Low: Orkgotik
Bottom 2: Fantasia Royale Gaga, Jay Kay
Exterminated: Jay Kay

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)