BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh found dead
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 10th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh found dead
10:00 | Monday October 10, 2011
Source: MW

Forty-year-old former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh died ‘ unexpectedly’ on Saturday (October 8).

His body was discovered in a Chicago hotel after he failed to check out of his room. He was found at 2.50pm unresponsive on his room floor, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

Two weeks ago, Welsh posted to his Twitter account: “dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today…. correction - the weekend after next.'”

His family announced his death via his Twitter and Facebook accounts: “We are deeply saddened to announce that Mikey Welsh passed away unexpectedly today. He will forever be remembered as an amazing father, artist, and friend. May he rest in peace.”

Weezer’s official Twitter account carried the message: "We are shocked and deeply saddened to hear the awful news, our friend and fellow weez rocker @mikeywelsh71 has passed away. We love u Mikey."

The band added to its Weezerpedia page yesterday: "As many of you may have heard, Mikey Welsh has passed away. The news was announced via his official Facebook page earlier in the evening. Understanding that many here are grieving, Weezerpedia has created a digital eulogy page for Mikey Welsh where fans can post stories, pictures, or thoughts. R.I.P. Mikey."

Welsh played on Weezer singles and albums throughout 2001. He devoted his time to painting after taking a break from music.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 10th October 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561

bit strange that article doesn't mention the album he is know for being on.... which would be The Green Album (so he is the bassist on such tracks as Island in the Sun and Hash Pipe).

not many people have said it but this was clearly suicide based on him "predicting" his own death. pretty sad.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd May 2024, 05:01 PM