BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Taylor Swift - Singles Rate: Results, FULL RESULTS ON PAGE 7...
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Bjork
post 8th April 2020, 05:46 AM
Post #101
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

really thought Delicate would be at least top 3, easily the best song in Reputation, it's a really nice song to play on guitar, and for once she uses a different chord pattern

that's a surprising top 5, didn't see Style-Out of the woods-Wildest Dreams in the top 5
hope it's between Blank Space and Trouble, the other 3 are not as good imo
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 8th April 2020, 09:00 AM
Post #102
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

YESSSS for 'Out of the Woods' being top 5. wub.gif It's a masterpiece.

'Blank Space' to win.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th April 2020, 09:06 AM
Post #103
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

My favourite Taylor song + 4 from her best era overall cheeseblock.png what a top 5!

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post 8th April 2020, 10:20 AM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307

80% of the top 5 being from 1989, what an era

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 8th April 2020, 07:51 PM
Post #105
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

The Man is too high imo.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 8th April 2020, 08:04 PM
Post #106
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Wildest Dreams should not be top 5. It was always bottom 5 of '1989' for me </3 It's not awful or bad, just a bit "it's... nice"

So SO happy for Out Of The Woods (her best ever song) so I'm routing for that to win, but wouldn't argue with a 'Blank Space' or 'I Knew You Were Trouble' victory either. 'Style' is very good but it's actually pretty overrated. Like, it's good but not to the levels that the online hype bigs it up to be imo. So my preferred top 5 order owuld be

01. Out Of The Woods
02. Blank Space
03. I Knew You Were Trouble
04. Style
05. Wildest Dreams

---

I think it'll be:

01. Style
02. Blank Space
03. I Knew You Were Trouble
04. Out Of The Woods
05. Wildest Dreams

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 8th April 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #107
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

style to win! probs my second fave song ever

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 8th April 2020, 10:16 PM
Post #108
Group icon
Break the tension

I'd like it to go...

5. Wildest Dreams
4. Style
3. Out of the Woods (although I wouldn't mind 2nd actually)
2. I Knew You Were Trouble
1. Blank Space

I think it'll go...

5. Out of the Woods
4. Wildest Dreams
3. Style
2. I Knew You Were Trouble
1. Blank Space

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 9th April 2020, 12:40 AM
Post #109
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Could end in burning flames or paradise

#5. Style | Avg.9.062

Highest Scores: 11: (George.keh, Euphorique), 10: (SamJudd, blacksquare, Jack), Lowest Scores: 7.5: (Riser)

Kicking off the top 5 with "Style", released in February 2015 as the 3rd single from her 5th studio album "1989" & garnered generally positive reviews from critics, many of whom deemed it the album's highlight. The song was originally written by producer Ali Payami and guitarist Niklas Ljungfelt for themselves. However after Taylor overheard it she decided to record it herself. Upon release the song became a success by reaching #6 on the US Top 100, becoming the album's 3rd top 10 hit, while also reaching top 10 peaks in Australia & Canada, as well as top 20 peaks in Czech Republic, New Zealand, Poland, Hungary & Slovakia.

Talk about a turnaround after this won the "1989" rate, here it could only muster a top 5 peak which is still a great result. This exquisite slinky synthy song wows just about on every level with its jagged guitar grooves & beautiful tones as well as features a lyric that offers an intriguingly ambiguous depiction of a toxic relationship. The track really pops is when it hits the chorus where her vocals shows real growth and maturity in this soulful little pop number and redefines her transition into a classy pop sound. Just a brilliant song on the whole & definitely up there as one of her greatest and shining moments.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 9th April 2020, 06:26 AM
Post #110
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

Style is just ok for me, I wouldn't even put it on my top 10, same as Wildest Dreams, nice songs but lack something in the lyrics, which are ok, but cannot relate

hope Wildest Dreams is next, not top 5 material

think it's gonna be:
1 Blank space
2 Trouble
3 Out of the woods

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 9th April 2020, 03:00 PM
Post #111
Group icon
Break the tension

It's annoying how 'Style' missed out on a higher UK peak due to her aversion to streaming at that time.

This post has been edited by Tawdry Hepburn: 9th April 2020, 03:00 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 9th April 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #112
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I thought Style would’ve been top 3!

I love it tbh. Where would it have peaked I wonder had it been on streaming sites. It was top 10 on sales for a weeks wasn’t it. Probably would’ve added to her tally of top ten hits from the 1989 era.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th April 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #113
Group icon

That's a big surprise to me. But its a great song. Just not as great as it's made out to be.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th April 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #114
Group icon

Interesting that Wildest Dreams came 2nd to Style in the 1989 rate... hmm.. I really hope WD doesn't win now mellow.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 9th April 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #115
Group icon

The rest of the world was black and white

#4. Out Of The Woods | Avg.9.187

Highest Scores: 11: (Jonjo), 10: (Monzo, FUTURE NOSTALGIA, SamJudd, blacksquare, WinterFreeze, Tawdry Hepburn, Jade), Lowest Scores: 6.5: (Euphorique)

At #4 is "Out Of The Woods" , released in January 2016 as the 6th single from her 5th studio album "1989". The song was written and produced by Taylor & Jack Antonoff of Fun, along with Max Martin producing her vocals. It originally served as the album first promo single back in October 2014, along with 'Welcome To New York' which followed as the 2nd & garnered universal acclaim and became a success by debuting at #18 on the US Top 100, becoming her 61st song to enter the American Billboard charts, making her the female artist to have the second most charted songs on the Hot 100, behind Aretha Franklin. However by the time it was finally released it couldn't out-peak its original placing but still managed to sell over a Million copies. Elsewhere it managed top 10 peaks in New Zealand & Canada, top 20 in Australia & top 40 peaks in Spain, Denmark & Hungary, making this a moderate success considering the album had been out over 14 months by this point.

The release of this was a nice welcomed surprise considering most of us thought the era came to a natural end with the last single 'Wildest Dreams', but extending it further with this marvellous epic number that transcends Taylor into an exciting & mature new direction with pristine synths & the breathless urgency of the rapid fire chorus that's surrounded by a forest of drums and bold instrumentations which takes a life of its own in its stomping percussions, dazzling electronics & just creating something very special. This definitely stands as one of her most interesting & cinematic releases to date.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 9th April 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #116
Group icon

The TOP 3 in chronological order =

I Knew You Were Trouble
Blank Space
Wildest Dreams

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th April 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #117
Group icon

HOW does Blandest Dreams finish so high!? WTH.

OOTW getting #4, I'll take it!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 10th April 2020, 01:58 AM
Post #118
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

whew I'm behind. I am SHOCKED that OOTW did that well but I adore it <3 I love Style but it's always been a lil-bit overrated for me (still a 10 tho), I'd probs have it around 25-30 section for me personally, I did think it'd finish top 3 here!

Delicate and The Man really over performing, wouldn't have predicted either as the highest songs from their eras ohmy.gif Glad to see Delicate gaining more and more love here and on other sites despite it only being a hit in America, one of Taylor's absolute best for me and it hits me so hard <3 (Also I accidentally stumbled on the hotel they used for the video when I was in LA which was life-giving for me!!!!). The Man is such a bop and again I'm surprised it did so well here, beating Lover as well! Lover is gorgeous and I'm glad it made the top 10 <3

YBWM is an all-time classic and Red is incredible, I always love how well Red manages to do in these rates, one of her best songs <3

hoping for a Wildest Dreams win, followed by IKYWT and BS. Guessing the results will be the opposite order but I love all 3 and I acc wouldn't be too shocked at any combination or order for these songs.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 11th April 2020, 12:40 AM
Post #119
Group icon
Break the tension

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Apr 9 2020, 07:17 PM) *
I thought Style would’ve been top 3!

I love it tbh. Where would it have peaked I wonder had it been on streaming sites. It was top 10 on sales for a weeks wasn’t it. Probably would’ve added to her tally of top ten hits from the 1989 era.

I think it peaked outside the top 10 on sales. I think it would've been a top 15 hit for her.

I wish 'Out of the Woods' had been an earlier single to give it the chance it deserved. It's spellbinding.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 11th April 2020, 03:40 AM
Post #120
Group icon

Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now

#3. Wildest Dreams | Avg.9.25

Highest Scores: 10: (FUTURE NOSTALGIA, SamJudd, ready for it, Jack, WinterFreeze, JosephInSpace, Riser, Eupgorique, Jade), Lowest Scores: 8: (Nick F1, blacksquare, Tawdry Hepburn, Jonjo, Bjork)

At #3 is "Wildest Dreams", released in August 2015 as the 5th single from her 5th studio album "1989" & upon release it received mixed reviews where it was noted to having similarities to the works of Lana Del Rey namely her song "Without You", but nonetheless the song became a smash hit on the US Top 100 by reaching #5, not only making this the album's 5th top 10 hit in a row, but its peak position made her only the fourth artist to have at least one single peak at each position of Billboard's top 10 as the lead performer (after Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, and Madonna). Elsewhere it hit top 10 in several countries namely Australia, Canada, South Africa & New Zealand, as well as top 40 peaks mostly everywhere else.

Yes the comparisons to a certain Miss Del Rey are there, but Taylor does it effectively with this classy sweeping synth laden number, with a smart & pleasing twist that has an almost haunting tone to it. This song is just stunning where it tells the story of a doomed tryst with Taylor's breathless & sultry vocals & an epic & grand production that's so captivating that it leaves such a lasting impression upon first listen. I was so glad when this got picked as a single as its a wonderful addition to her discography and an instant classic.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th May 2024, 10:53 PM