BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPOILERS | RPDR | All Stars | Season 9
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 26th June 2023, 12:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

CAST:
Angeria Paris VanMicheals
Gottmik
Jorgeous
N*na West
Plastique Tiara
Roxxxy Andrews
Shannel
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 26th June 2023, 02:14 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I hope Peppermint finally does it and gets the crown! Then the season 9 top 4 winners circle will be complete. *_*

A non-elim series will only work if you have an actual all stars cast - so those who finished high on their season. Granted some of the rumoured queens above would be really good/have had big glow ups or were amazing queens who got chopped early (April Carrion & Acid Betty).

I think they should do a point system:

Top 2 lip sync win = 5 points
Top 2 = 3 points
High = 2 points
Safe = 1 point
Low = 0 points
Bottom 2 = -1 point
Bottom 2 lose lip sync = -2 points

Could make for an interesting season. They could also do a week or two where it's double points, so -4 points to 10 points for the week (possibly shake up the entire leaderboard).

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 26th June 2023, 02:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

It’s about tims they put Dida on tbh and they should rig her into the top so she can lip sync again, although that is a massive standard to live up to. I’m in two minds about there being a non-elim season, as it sort of takes the glean from an All Winners format, but maybe if they could get some big names although I don’t think Kim Chi should come back as I don’t think Drag Race shows off her skillset outside of design challenges.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 26th June 2023, 03:18 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Lol there's no way this will wind up being the cast going by who they've roped it recently - this is WAY too strong! It's giving wishlist.

I'd genuinely be surprised to see any of the following:

Kim Chi
Peppermint
Asia O’Hara
Vanjie
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Gigi Goode
Rosé

Here for a switch up in format though, the elimination process that All Stars have had for yonks now is definitely growing tired.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th June 2023, 03:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

A lot of those are more likely to do it non elim though, I think having ALL of them is definitely a wish list for sure and the cast with them all is too good to be true but I know Asia and Kim have both said before they’d be up for a non elim format after All Winners came around.

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Jun 26 2023, 03:14 PM) *
I hope Peppermint finally does it and gets the crown! Then the season 9 top 4 winners circle will be complete. *_*

A non-elim series will only work if you have an actual all stars cast - so those who finished high on their season. Granted some of the rumoured queens above would be really good/have had big glow ups or were amazing queens who got chopped early (April Carrion & Acid Betty).

I think they should do a point system:

Top 2 lip sync win = 5 points
Top 2 = 3 points
High = 2 points
Safe = 1 point
Low = 0 points
Bottom 2 = -1 point
Bottom 2 lose lip sync = -2 points

Could make for an interesting season. They could also do a week or two where it's double points, so -4 points to 10 points for the week (possibly shake up the entire leaderboard).

I was thinking this or maybe partial non elim, like they could do elimination checkpoints after every few episodes or something, that way the queens get a while to showcase a range of skills and looks, but there are still some stakes so we’re not watching it bored with no eliminations and there isn’t just say some random early out bombing everything and being dragged through 10 episodes laugh.gif They definitely need a shake up and there is a few ideas that could work or be interesting.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 26th June 2023, 04:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

i think they will keep the Top 1 with lip sync assassins format moving forward, it's a lot more dramatic with less wins being available.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 27th June 2023, 01:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Janey rumoured we WON, Asia looking very likely which I think confirms the non elim as she has always said she’d only go back for that

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 27th June 2023, 04:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Jorgeous on a non elim season ugh, she isn't good at literally anything that Drag Race asks them to do, plus doesn't care about trying, plus we know All Stars is usually comedy-heavy.

Interested by some of these names though particularly Peppermint and April Carrion!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 27th June 2023, 05:47 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

I highly doubt this is true, to have Peppermint and Vanjie back would be iconic.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 27th June 2023, 05:48 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jun 27 2023, 05:04 PM) *
Jorgeous on a non elim season ugh, she isn't good at literally anything that Drag Race asks them to do, plus doesn't care about trying, plus we know All Stars is usually comedy-heavy.

Interested by some of these names though particularly Peppermint and April Carrion!

This, I never got the hype for Jorgeous the first time around, one of the most overrated queens of all time imo

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 27th June 2023, 11:21 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

Some of my fave queens from their series in the rumoured list

I’d particularly like to see

Kim Chi
Peppermint
Nina West
Rosé

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th June 2023, 08:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I agree on Jorgeous, especially as a lipsyncer she was so overrated laugh.gif No face served, no vibes felt, just splits and stunts 😍

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th July 2023, 09:11 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Final cast seems to be 8, which makes sense for non elim:

Angeria Paris Van Micheals
Gottmik
Jorgeous
Kameron Michaels
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Roxxxy Andrews
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

The fan wish list casts predictably turned out to be wrong, not sure about this bunch with non elim… plastique and Kameron having a yawn off… I am so excited for Gottmik though, I think she will DOMINATE as she can do pretty much everything (except lipsync lmfao bur even Jimbo could win one in AS8!), also there is speculated to be more design challenges this year due to the writers strike impacting filming so I wouldn’t count Roxxxy out.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 8th July 2023, 10:11 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

A non-elimination season with that cast?

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 8th July 2023, 01:32 PM
Post #15
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

I think I genuinely wouldn't watch if that's the cast and I watch everything :/

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 8th July 2023, 01:45 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Yeah that's really not a vintage cast at all.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 8th July 2023, 01:56 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

There has to be another format that isn’t the current one nor non-elimination. Who wants to see Jorgeous struggle through an entire season?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 8th July 2023, 03:13 PM
Post #18
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Cringe at that cast and at the concept of non elims for a non all winners. Retroactively that takes away their 'special' season status.

Hard agree on Jorgeous and I don't care for Gottmik buying her way through another season again. They better critique them if its non elim.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 8th July 2023, 06:45 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Yeah there’s got to be a better medium than making every series like AS7. It worked for winners but looking at that line up, I’m not sure it’d work.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 9th July 2023, 10:05 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Honestly I didn’t even like non elim for All Winners laugh.gif I know they had to and would have felt wrong sending them home, but after about 4 or 5 episodes, it got stale and felt like there wasn’t much point to challenges,

As I said I feel like like they should do maybe a points system and maybe have “checkpoints” for eliminations a few times in the season. That way it’s different, and it means that the queens get to do a few challenges of different types then get eliminated, rather than just going first week because it happens to be a weakness for them. And then there is still some kind of stakes to it, like you have to do well at various challenges not just get a couple of wins in a design challenge and then do nothing laugh.gif Or maybe everyone starts with idk 2 or 3 points/stars and being in the bottom you lose a star and if you get to 0 you’re eliminated. Just something where the queens get a chance to show a range of things they can do, but there is still a competition where you have to bring it every week and there’s high stakes.

Angeria and Gottmik are the only really versatile ones, and even then neither of them are good lipsyncers. Even then I think Angeria can do well at most things but I don’t see her winning lots. Roxxxy I can see eating all of the looks challenges, of which there will likely be more as I said. So to see a cast like this have to do every challenge, when you’ll have Nina flopping all the design challenges, Jorgeous flopping… everything and Plastique/Kameron having a yawn off laugh.gif i suppose Vanjie with might get some comedy/improv wins if she hones it in but I feel like she’s an Alyssa type where she’s fun and good TV but such a big/unique personality that she can’t always put that away for acting/improv type challenges.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 21st May 2024, 11:30 PM