BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Survivor
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 25th November 2021, 07:18 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I know. This boot order is just terrible. This cast deserves better. These twists have been terrible.
Cannot stand Ricard still to this day. So messy, but that was indeed a great move he made last night.
Erika is really pulling things behind the scenes which I love, I hope she comes to the forefront more as a contender.

I don't really have a firm favorite at the moment, but at this point I'm really only throwing support behind Erika and Xander with Liana as an outsider.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 25th November 2021, 07:29 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

OMG Kath!
Survivor SA Allstars!
I must get caught up!!

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 25th November 2021, 07:58 PM
Post #63
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

w00t.gif w00t.gif

Omg mega hype!

I wonder if players prior to the reboot for season 5 will be included!? I have a wish list already but from this past season I think Chappies and Santoni definitely

This post has been edited by k👠th: 25th November 2021, 08:00 PM

+Quote this post
Riser
post 29th November 2021, 04:02 AM
Post #64
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Oh wow, now that I'm caught up it's been worth sticking with this season. I agree with the painful boot order though!

I've been so back and forth with Shan, originally wanted her to win, then wanted to see her blindsided, and now that she has been blindsided I'm sad wish she made the finale laugh.gif They did a great job with that episode and showing how it all played out.

I think Xander and Ricard are my top 2, but their targets keep getting bigger. Will be interesting to see how Liana/Deshawn/Danny fare without Shan.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 29th November 2021, 05:52 PM
Post #65
Group icon
baddest of them all

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th December 2021, 07:30 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Rumblings of "Celebrity Survivor" today, already filmed in Panama earlier this year with CBS.
It's still not 100% clear if it will be Survivor branded however.

A few names floating around, none of which were a surprise to me.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 10th December 2021, 06:56 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The episode this Wednesday, I'll be honest I thought there were so many people left in the game. Jury just flew by and I can't believe we are at the Final 5 with the final episode next week.

I guess I will hop on the Ricard bandwagon, I thought he would have been toast by now but he's by far the frontrunner. How nobody had Xander's name in their mouth that last tribal baffled me. Still a lot of opportunity to get Ricard out. I'd love to see a Ricard/Xander or Ricard/Erika final 2.

Great cast, okay season let down by the twists sadly.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th December 2021, 02:00 AM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

So I finally finished Season 7 of Survivor SA.
I'm working backward for some reason, but Season 8 was far superior. This season actually started really good, but created one of the worst most cringworthy alliances in Survivor history.

But honestly they had no business casting a season with so many hot guys: Cobus, Dante, Nathan, Rob, Durao, Rocco.

The season definitely took a nosedive during early merge, around the time Seipei left. One of my favorites was Dante for sure. He did have a bit of a hissy fit before leaving but overall a very solid Survivor player (plus HOT!). I was also disappointed with Cobus' elimination, I thought he was a great player. Jacques I was on the fence with all season, but I felt bad for him before leaving. The tribe, especially Steffi were out of line and completly rude for what they did isolating him out like that. Honesty - this season had ZERO jury management. Steffi. I was elated when she was voted out that blindside. But I feel she has the makings of a great Survivor player. The way this season played out with the strong 8 went to her head. I think a humbled Steffi would do well.

On that note, that jury was so animated the entire season. How production didn't step in is beyond me. However the jury was on FIRE at the final tribal. I'd place that Tribal and the Jury in my top 15 final tribals. So bitter, but not to the point where they lost sight that Durao had no business winning.

Nicole: OUR ROBOTIC QUEEN. Honestly she didn't come across very well, but I loved Nicole. So many unnecessary lies, so many scripted responses. But she was amazing to watch. Putting it bluntly she was full of shit the entire season, but she made it so memorable and had such a huge impact on the game. LOVE. HER.

Rob: Most people don't foot for the alpha male but I have to be honest, I didn't mind Rob. He had a huge ego, yes. But I think for the most part his intentions were always good and he handled himself very well. I've seen a lot of super-douche meathead men on RTV shows over the years and that's not a category I'd put Rob in. He worked hard, won challenges and kept his alliance tight. That's the name of the game.

Seipei: my favorite this season <3

Overall I give this season a solid 7.8/10

Picks for All-Stars: Nicole, Seipei, Cobus, Dante (mayyyyybe Jacques or Steffi
Picks for All-Stars from Season 8: Anesu, Chappies, Nicole, Santoni

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 15th December 2021, 02:39 AM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 19th December 2021, 01:52 PM
Post #69
Group icon
baddest of them all

I loved reading your take of the season! The male cast were definitely one of the best in terms of looks 😅

Nicole was an icon and should come back for all stars! Her final tribal performance was incredible and she nearly beat the golden boy with the perfect game (Rob). I would love Steffi back purely for entertainment. Her lack of self awareness in this season was something else and Dante to come back for eye candy and drama alone laugh.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 19th December 2021, 02:13 PM
Post #70
Group icon
baddest of them all

Also nice to see Erika walk the Survivor US votes. A shame she was so under edited! I felt bad for Xander, he really did pull a Woo by taking her instead of Heather. Not sure if I missed it, but was it the first time where the finalists didn't have an opening speech?

Overall, the season was fine, the fun and diverse cast really saved it for me. The twists and Jeff doing the most all the time dragged it down a lot though.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 20th December 2021, 03:00 AM
Post #71
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

QUOTE(k👠th @ Dec 19 2021, 09:13 AM) *
Also nice to see Erika walk the Survivor US votes. A shame she was so under edited! I felt bad for Xander, he really did pull a Woo by taking her instead of Heather. Not sure if I missed it, but was it the first time where the finalists didn't have an opening speech?

Overall, the season was fine, the fun and diverse cast really saved it for me. The twists and Jeff doing the most all the time dragged it down a lot though.
Agreed! The editing dragged it down too with Erika and Heather being so overlooked. It really didn't occur to me how overhyped Xander was until he ended up with no votes from the jury. I'm sad Ricard was voted out, but he had no chance without winning that final 5 immunity. Erika's win has so many "firsts" for the show which is great.

I'm expecting more of the same twists next season, so we'll see. Hopefully the cast will make it worthwhile again.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 27th December 2021, 08:23 PM
Post #72
Group icon
baddest of them all

I've seen on YouTube that the SA All Stars seasons isn't including people who made the final tribal hence the "return of the outcasts" slogan. Which means we won't get Nicole from season 7 back 😭😭😭

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th January 2022, 12:47 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I just finished Season 6 of Survivor South Africa. I have to say it was a verrrryyyyyy interesting season. Not particularly in a good way either. I don't think (apart from a few) that there were many good gameplayers. It almost felt like a very early American series where the players were really finding their footing on how to play the game.

It's a polarizing season, that's for sure. It starts off with a very divided tribal counsel which had complete ripple effects for the entire season. That second tribal counsel, rocks... Really? Already?! I can't believe THAT'S how divided it was with that Luzon tribe. They were all ready to give up their spot in the game despite just arriving.

The rest of the game, including early Jury was just poor game play and poor moves one after another. It really seemed like Werner was calling the shots and the rest outside of his alliance had no idea what was going on.... Probably a good time to discuss a few of our Survivors:

Werner: My pick to win, and the strongest gameplayer this season. At times, he was the only one really playing the game. I thought he played picture perfect, his only mistake was not winning that F4 Tribal Council. In any scenario, he would have and should have gone then. Kicking him off Jury was a TRAVESTY. I honestly want Chappies and Werner F2 for Second Chances laugh.gif

Jeanne: What a journey wub.gif
She reminds me of Rosie from RHONJ. I feel she didn't get the respect she deserved, she did play a lot more than what she got credit for. I honestly just cant believe her and Tom made F2. Any other Survivor Season anywhere else in the world, they would have both been out Pre-Jury. I'd love to see her come back as well, but I didn't shortlist her.

Tom: what the actual f*** happened. Probably the most unexpected winner for me. He deserved it, yes. But wow. Really unexpected. He had to play hard to get where he did, Annalize said it best with her vote for him to win.

Overall I give this season a 8/10 - which is actually more than I'd give to S7 and S8, even tho I liked them better. huh.gif It's not really about the season individually, but how it plays into the larger Survivor picture, I actually think Season 6 would be a must watch over the other two seasons I've seen so far.

Picks for Second Chance from Season 6: Palesa, Toni, Werner, Tevin
Picks for Second Chance from Season 7: Steffi, Seipei, Cobus, Dante
Picks for Second Chance from Season 8: Anesu, Chappies, Wardah, Santoni

I've swapped Nicole for Steffi (as Nicole wouldn't be on the Second Chance season) and the other Nicole for Wardah on their respective seasons. I may change one of the two of them out for another Male from another Season, but didn't find one from either S7 or S8 that were worthy.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 20th January 2022, 12:54 AM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 20th January 2022, 05:42 PM
Post #74
Group icon
baddest of them all

Amazing write-up *.* Season 6 is a truly one of a kind season, so entertaining, so many meltdowns and rivalries. The unpredictability of it all and great cast made it so thrilling to watch. It really put Survivor SA up there with other franchises.

Agree with all of your picks for Second Chance as well wub.gif Palesa is probably the most obvious pick from that season. The fandom is obsessed with her. And queen Toni is a must! I think Katinka is also a good shout. She has a huge following and even started her a music career off the back Survivor!

cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th January 2022, 06:27 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

You're absolutely right, Kath. One of a kind season and a must watch. I wish I would have gone S6-S7-S8 however laugh.gif
One of the least predictable seasons I've seen in probably the last 10 Years.

QUEEEN KATINKA. Honestly picking between her and Toni was tough. Toni reminds me so much of Christine Brecht from BBUS. I'd honestly take Katinka, Toni, Jeanne AND Palesa for any Second Chance or Allstars Season. Especially Palesa.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th January 2022, 06:31 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

NOT ME BOPPING TO "THE SASS" WALKING DOWN THE STREET LIKE A SUPERMODEL *.*

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th February 2022, 04:29 PM
Post #77
Group icon
baddest of them all

The cast for Survivor 42 has been revealed.

On a random note I saw queen Toni from Survivor SA at a restaurant today *.*

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 28th February 2022, 05:38 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Toni *.*
On that note, as I continue to work my way backwards with my first time Survivor South Africa, I just finished Season 5: Legends

It was probably the oddest season of Survivor I've seen. They brought in two Sporting Legends, Corné and Mark to 'coach' the season ala Big Brother 14. However I always found it odd they have zero ties to Survivor at all. Also, sometimes they were in the tribe on the beach, other times not. Sometimes they voted, sometimes they didn't. They'd participate in Challenge, but only sometimes. Merge they just seemed to disappear and not live with the merged tribe - but continued to compete in their own challenges to burn a vote at tribal, when they hadn't been living with the tribe at all. Also, one of Mark/Corné win $500k at the end despite never really playing, also they vote for the winner. WHAT?!

Apart from that nonsense I actually liked the twist laugh.gif - Survivor and Big Brother is always flooded with legacy players and such, it was great to see who's who in South Africa. I'm glad they didn't bring someone international like Sandra or Russell to coach. The twist didn't have a HUGE impact either, neither Mark nor Corné really seemed interested in understanding or directing anything related to the social game at all.

Overall, probably one of my favorite seasons of Survivor SA. Good casting in certain areas, good story development, good people development and a great turn around right at the end of the game.

This was also a season dominated by the men. Poor casting on the women's side TBH but the men specifically were not only great casting decisions but also great game players. No doubt the top 3 males were Shane, Zavion and Graham.

Shane: I absolutely detested Shane until Merge/When Marion Left. He seemed so entitled, elitist and had the worst attitude for being completely at the bottom and questioning people approaching him wanting to work with him. However, even at this point when he was dead at the bottom he turned things around for a few votes. It's such a shame he didn't use his idol correctly to stick around a bit longer. It took me a while but I really warmed up to Shane.

Zavion: The seasons golden boy. He had it pretty easy after that first tribal. Nobody really had him as a target until that Final 5, which now seems to be the spot most of the strong players end up.

Graham: Very deserved win and that final three of Buhle, Graham and Sivu was a great final three for the season. I would have preferred Zavion or Shane to take the win, but well deserved. I thought Sivu had it in the bag.

Picks for Second Chance from Season 5: Mark, Corné, Marion, Zavion
Picks for Second Chance from Season 6: Palesa, Toni, Werner, Tevin
Picks for Second Chance from Season 7: Steffi, Seipei, Cobus, Dante
Picks for Second Chance from Season 8: Anesu, Chappies, Wardah, Santoni

I am picking Mark and Corné to return as regular players. I'd like to see if they have what it takes to actually win Survivor.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th February 2022, 05:52 PM
Post #79
Group icon
baddest of them all

I very nearly went up to Toni and ask her if she was on the cast for Second Chances but I was too shy tearsmile.gif

I'm glad you liked season 5! I checked out of that one after a while. I found it really amateur and the cast bland, but I loved Marion and Shane as villains laugh.gif

I'd like them back and I'm expecting Zavion for all stars for sure. I've read that they're only asking players from the reboot (season 5) onwards back for Second Chances.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 8th March 2022, 07:01 PM
Post #80
Group icon
baddest of them all

The rumored cast for Survivor SA return of the outcasts is doing the rounds and it's quite underwhelming tbh sad.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th May 2024, 01:21 PM