BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Upfronts 2015
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post 8th May 2015, 01:51 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Reports that ABC have renewed GALAVANT, a total shocker given it hit a 1.1 by episode 5/6. Once Upon A Time is back for season 5 too.

EDIT: Forever and Cristela have been officially cancelled too.

Pick ups:

THE CATCH WRITER: Jennifer Schuur OTHER EPs: Shondaland’s Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers CAST: Mireille Enos (The Killing), Damon Dayoub (NCIS), Bethany Joy Lenz (One Tree Hill), Rose Rollins (The L Word), Jacky Ido, Jay Hayden, Elvy Yost Unbeknownst to her slippery fiancé, a bride-to-be — who investigates fraud for a living — is not all she claims to be. And when the fiancé’s expertly planned con collides with her perfectly constructed lies, they plunge into a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Based on an idea by novelist Kate Atkinson and Helen Gregory.

THE FAMILY WRITER: Jenna Bans OTHER EPs: David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, Laurie Zaks CAST: Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights), Joan Allen (The Missing), Andrew McCarthy (Pretty in Pink), Alison Pill (The Newsroom), Liam James (The Way, Way Back), Rarmian Newton (Dance Academy), Rupert Graves (V for Vendetta), Madeleine Arthur (Supernatural), Alex Steele (Degrassi: The Next Generation) Centers on a politician’s son who shows up nearly 10 years after his presumed death and rocks the local community. His reappearance, naturally, has repercussions for the neighbor jailed for his murder and the police officer that handled the case.

OF KINGS AND PROPHETS WRITERS: Adam Cooper, Bill Collage OTHER EPs: Jason Reed, Reza Aslan and Mahyad Tousi CAST: Simone Kessell (Terra Nova), Oliver Rix, Maisie Richardson-Sellers (The Originals), Mohammad Bakri (Tyrant), James Floyd An epic Biblical saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet and a resourceful young shepherd on a collision course with destiny.

QUANTICO WRITER: Josh Safran OTHER EPs: The Mark Gordon Company CAST: Aunjanue Ellis (NCIS: Los Angeles), Dougray Scott (Hemlock Grove), Tate Ellington, Priyanka Chopra A group of young FBI recruits, all with specific reasons for joining, battle their way through training at the Quantico base in Virginia. As we intercut between their hidden pasts and their present training, we also flash-forward to the near future, where one of the recruits will turn out to be a sleeper terrorist.

Untitled Pate & Fishburne Project
WRITERS: Josh Pate, Rodes Fishburne OTHER EPs: Tony Krantz CAST: Don Johnson (Nash Bridges, Miami Vice), Scott Michael Foster (Chasing Life), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Rebecca Rittenhouse (Red Band Society), India de Beaufort (Jane By Design), Delroy Lindo (Believe), Caitlin Carver (The Fosters), Yani Gellman (Pretty Little Liars), Amber Valletta (Revenge) A modern-day story about the biggest oil discovery in American history, one which triggers an economic boom in North Dakota on a scale not seen since the 1849 Gold Rush. The series tracks the pilgrimage of a young, ambitious couple as they brave a modern “Wild West,” negotiating an ensemble of roughnecks, grifters, oil barons, criminals and fellow prospectors.

WICKED CITY (FKA L.A. Crime) WRITER: Stephen Baigelman OTHER EPs: Mandeville Television CAST: Erika Christensen (Parenthood), Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story), Darrell Britt-Gibson (The Wire), Adam Rothenberg (Ripper Street), Holley Fain (Grey’s Anatomy), Anne Winters (Tyrant), Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl) A character-driven, true-crime procedural that explores sex, politics and popular culture across various noteworthy eras in L.A. history. Season one focuses on two LA COPS in search for a Bonnie & Clyde-esque serial killing team amidst the rock-and-roll, coke-infused revelry of the 1980s Sunset Strip.

and three comedies: ABC has picked up three comedy series: The Muppets, The Real O’Neals and Dr. Ken
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th May 2015, 06:08 AM
Post #22
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Oh crap. Just when I thought I'd check The Messengers out.

Cordon looks so cheesy so I'll be watching it. biggrin.gif I hope Quantico Writer can deliver. Sounds really kewl

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 8th May 2015, 06:13 AM
Post #23
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Galavant is a shocker but American Crime too????!! It got 0.9 last Thursday blink.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th May 2015, 06:41 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

American Crime has some critical love, but other than that BAFFLING. Agent Carter too! ABC have been uncharacteristically generous, about 5 of those would have been dead in any other year.

Renewals: Galavant, Agent Carter, American Crime, Secrets & Lies, The Middle, Modern Family, The Goldbergs, Castle, Greys Anatomy, Nashville, Scandal, Fresh Off The Boat, SHIELD, Black-Ish, Once Upon A Time, Shark Tank, DWTS, The Bachelor

Cancelled: Resurrection, The Taste, Forever, Cristela, Revenge

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th May 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

At least that Forever trash has been cancelled.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th May 2015, 07:45 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

ABC have also opted not to move forward with the planned Mockingbird SHIELD spin-off. I'd guess with Agent Carter being back that will be used to fill the same slot during SHIELD's mid-season break instead.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th May 2015, 10:50 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Fox:
Bones RENEWED for season 11
The Following CANCELLED after 3 seasons
Backstrom CANCELLED after 1 season

CBS:
The McCarthys cancelled after 1 season
Battle Creek cancelled after 1 season

CBS pick ups:

CODE BLACK
Medical drama set in the busiest and most notorious ER in the nation where the extraordinary staff struggle in the face of a broken system to protect their ideals and the patients who need them the most.
Cast: Marcia Gay Harden, Bonnie Somerville, Raza Jaffrey, Luis Guzman, Melanie Kannokada, Harry M. Ford, Ben Hollingsworth, William Allen Young

CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS
Focuses on a division of the FBI that helps American citizens who find themselves in danger abroad.
Cast: Gary Sinise, Daniel Henney, Tyler James

LIMITLESS
A drama based on the 2011 feature. The series follows Brian Finch as he discovers the power of the mysterious drug NZT, and is coerced into using his newfound drug-enhanced abilities to solve weekly cases for the FBI.
Cast: Jake McDorman. Jennifer Carpenter, Hill Harper, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

RUSH HOUR
A stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer is assigned to a case in Los Angeles where he’s forced to work with a cocky African-American LAPD officer who has no interest in a partner.
Cast: Justin Hires, Jon Foo, Aimee Garcia, Wendie Malick
________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________
_

ANGEL FROM HELL
When Amy enters Allison’s life and claims to be her guardian angel, they form an unlikely friendship and Allison can’t be sure if Amy is an angel or just nuts.
Cast: Jane Lynch, Maggie Lawson, Kyle Bornheimer, Kevin Pollak

LIFE IN PIECES
A comedy about one family told through the separate stories of its different family members.
Cast: Dianne Wiest, James Brolin, Zoe Lister Jones, Colin Hanks, Angelique Cabral, Thomas Sadoski, Betsy Brandt, Dan Bakkedahl, Niall Cunningham, Holly J. Barrett, Giselle Eisenberg

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th May 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

NBC:
Constantine CANCELLED after 1 season
State Of Affairs CANCELLED after 1 season
Marry Me CANCELLED after 1 season
About A Boy CANCELLED after 2 seasons
One Big Happy CANCELLED after 1 season

And Stalker also DEAD at CBS

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 8th May 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #29
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Major sigh of relief @ Stalker. Glad I didn't bother with it.

36 new shows over here: http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-new-tv-show...ew-photos-2015/

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th May 2015, 05:58 AM
Post #30
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

CSI reportedly ending with a two hour movie. And apparently the Cyber spin-off is coming back.

NBC has renewed The Mysteries of Laura (given that it's NBC this isn't quite as much of a stretch as American Crime/Galavant look to be, but still), The Night Shift and Undateable for a season of ALL LIVE episodes (not that I watch but this sounds interesting).

+Quote this post
Qween
post 9th May 2015, 09:54 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

FOX has ordered Lucifer and Minority Report to series and drama drama Frankenstein Code which revolves around a morally corrupt cop (Rob Kazinsky) who is given a second chance when he’s brought back from the dead.

NBC has ordered two more shows as well:

GAME OF SILENCE

Carol Mendelsohn, executive producer and architect of the “CSI” phenomenon, presents a gripping new drama about a successful Atlanta attorney (David Lyons, “Revolution”) whose long-lost childhood friends unexpectedly reappear after 25 years. When a dark secret they thought they had buried resurfaces, the brotherhood bands together to right the wrongs of their shared past — a journey that will push the limits of their loyalty and quench their thirst for revenge.

The cast includes David Lyons, Michael Raymond-James, Larenz Tate, Bre Blair, Conor O’Farrell, Deidrie Henry, Demetrius Grosse and Claire Van Der Boom.

David Hudgins serves as writer and executive producer. Carol Mendelsohn, Julie Weitz and director Niels Arden Oplev also executive produce. “Game of Silence” is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Carol Mendelsohn Productions.

THE PLAYER

From the executive producers of “The Blacklist” and starring Wesley Snipes and Philip Winchester (“Strike Back,” “Fringe”) comes an action-packed Las Vegas thriller about a former military operative turned security expert who is drawn into a high-stakes game where an organization of wealthy individuals gamble on his ability to stop some of the biggest crimes imaginable from playing out. Can he take them down from the inside and get revenge for the death of his wife, or is it true what they say: The house always wins.

The cast includes Wesley Snipes, Philip Winchester, Charity Wakefield and Damon Gupton.

John Rogers serves as writer and executive producer. John Davis, John Fox and director Bharat Nalluri also executive produce. “The Player” is produced by Sony Pictures Television Davis Entertainment and Kung Fu Monkey.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 9th May 2015, 09:54 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

So far only like 2/3 shows sound of interest to me for next season, that's even lower than this year when it was only 5.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 9th May 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #33
Group icon
JanWasRobbed

I'll probably follow last year's tactic and not start any new shows, but jump on a sophomore instead. I can't believe I'm only left with 3 dramas and 3 comedies... I've seen most of my favourite shows end this year. It's been an emotional mess and I'm not sure what to invest in now.

This post has been edited by ♡ Heezus Froot ♡: 9th May 2015, 10:01 AM

+Quote this post
Qween
post 9th May 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

I've only lost Revenge this year actually, well Falling Skies will finish in the summer and Helix was cancelled but it was never an amazing show anyway, I just watched because it was so hilariously bad. I was very careful not to start any show for at least 3/4 episodes to see where the ratings levelled out at, to avoid disappointment. Of course it turns out the one year I don't have a HUGE ABC favourite, they don't cancel anything on the lower end of the bubble anyway. GCB, Suburgatory, Body Of Proof will HAUNT THEIR DREAMS FOREVER.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 9th May 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Yay!!!! Bones and Mysteries of Laura renewed!! Love those shows!

+Quote this post
Regina
post 9th May 2015, 04:19 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

How am I gonna get my Shawn Ashmore fix now ? sad.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 10th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #37
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ May 9 2015, 11:12 AM) *
I've only lost Revenge this year actually, well Falling Skies will finish in the summer and Helix was cancelled but it was never an amazing show anyway, I just watched because it was so hilariously bad. I was very careful not to start any show for at least 3/4 episodes to see where the ratings levelled out at, to avoid disappointment. Of course it turns out the one year I don't have a HUGE ABC favourite, they don't cancel anything on the lower end of the bubble anyway. GCB, Suburgatory, Body Of Proof will HAUNT THEIR DREAMS FOREVER.

I watched the first episode of Falling Skies Season 4 and I don't know whether I should continue, should I? I found the first two seasons OK, but the third was a real struggle at times.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 10th May 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Hmm, if you didn't enjoy S3 then I don't know if you'll enjoy S4 much more, it's definitely more along those lines than thr first two. It feels like it's building to a satisfying final season though, certainly the final few episodes were heading in the right direction.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 12th May 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

The Real O'Neals, Wicked City, The Family and The Catch are my new ABC shows to try out next season. Shame they're all mid season only.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 13th May 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #40
Group icon
JanWasRobbed

Limitless screams cancelled, but Supergirl actually looks really fun ohmy.gif . I've sworn to stay away from superhero tv shows, but I might just watch that.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd May 2024, 10:28 PM