BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> UNKNOWN PLEASURES XXXII | RESULTS, Come to that faraway land with me, my unforgiven girls
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Cow P
post 11th July 2023, 11:20 AM
Post #101
Group icon
Cowcow no Frieren
User: 127,479

A little bit shocked when seeing my entry led the results after that early +20. Quite satisfied with my 16th place, though a 2 point separate me from getting top 15 was a little bit painful. laugh.gif

MLTR has a huge fanbase around the Asia, so that's why I knew some of their songs. Glad some of you enjoyed Space Commander. I'll probably send their best song at BJSC next year. biggrin.gif

Thanks Wardy, Qween, Rollo, Jim, Riser, Iz, Joop, Allstar, Whoddy, and Aaron for the votes and congrats to Kath for winning your 2nd contest this year! happy.gif

Thanks for the hosting too, Cody!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 11th July 2023, 11:42 AM
Post #102
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

Time to wait for another contest. I had other choices considered/reserved so that's that. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 11th July 2023, 12:20 PM
Post #103
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

Congratulations to Kath, that was a great song, 3rd in my vote.

7th place is a good finish for my own song, thanks to everyone who gave it points and thanks to Cody for hosting.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 11th July 2023, 05:37 PM
Post #104
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Sorry, had quite a busy evening last night so missed this.

Fantastic winner, congrats to Kath! I did think it sounded like a likely one. I voted for or at least enjoyed most of that top 10, great to see Limousine in the top 10 as that was a real experience, and Cheekface and OTYKEN were wonderfully bizarre even if they didn't quite make my votes.

I was surprised to see so many on the listenthrough already knew Lankum, I found it on r/listentothis under the label 'Irish Doom Folk' and couldn't really ignore it. I expected it to be divisive, but very pleased for those few that did enjoy the intensity, especially Leww and Rich <3 I'll certainly take being middle of the pack for that. I'd recommend The New York Trader by them as well, it's a different vibe musically (and has a new lead singer for one), but has that same dramatic storytelling and rising intensity throughout (and some cool Irish music at the end too x).

Thanks for hosting, Cody! Fantastic and diverse edition of this as always.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 11th July 2023, 05:57 PM
Post #105
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

I knew of Lankum primarily because they were previously sent to one of the BJSC Halloween spinoffs, but also worth noting they are relatively mainstream by the standards of Unknown Pleasures artists, their album charted at #47 earlier this year!

(also really liked 'The New York Trader' too)

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 12th July 2023, 04:31 AM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Thanks Cody for doing this <3

Congrats to kath for another win...slaying much <3...happy with that Top 3 + my fave finishing Top 10 it's pretty decent.

Sevdaliza flopped OMG lol I'm glad I never sent it to BJSC because probably it would have been DOA!!! (I still love the remix especially last minute, it is bonkers)

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 18th May 2024, 10:36 PM