BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC XII Final Predictions Thread, 4 spek-u-laySHUNZ + shiz
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Afternoon all ;o So, with the results of the 12th contest just four (and a bit) hours away, what do we think will happen results-wise? ohmy.gif Or, for those of us who require a little order in our lives, the following cookie-cut template will help y'all dancing.gif

How you think your entry will do:
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be:
Most surprising flop (and where roughly):
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly):
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?:
Who will win?:

Make yourselves happy with those this afternoon, results start at 7pm UK time. I'll be giving a song-by-song review of how I think tracks will do until then w00t.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 14th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

How you think your entry will do: I think Dalisska might get 15th - 18th I hope I'm not being too optimistic but it feels like that's what I'll get......
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be: I didn't include this country in my Predicta but I think Kingdom of Shadow could do better than the odds seem to suggest
Most surprising flop (and where roughly): I put Kopecka in third in my predicta but I think it could happen that while Kopecka won't flop.....that they might get 6th-8th. (Sorry sad.gif )
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly): Kingdom of Shadow, I think it could get anywhere from 6th - 10th
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?: A good night I think
Who will win?: Angelicland

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf238: 14th December 2008, 02:51 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 14th December 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

there will be one i promise so predict away

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 14th December 2008, 02:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

How you think your entry will do: Hopefully slightly better than expected, im quite gutted atch as Lesley is by far my fave of my entries
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be: Agreed with above about KoS
Most surprising flop (and where roughly): Hmmm... Angelicland, i dont think it will do anywhere near as well as people think, maybe about 6-8
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly): Torchwood? kink.gif
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?: A good night
Who will win?: Kopecka

This post has been edited by Snowman_James: 14th December 2008, 02:54 PM

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 14th December 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #5
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

QUOTE(Pavel @ Dec 14 2008, 02:53 PM) *
there will be one i promise so predict away

I have to hand it to you Pavel, you always keeps everyone guessing and in Suspense. Who is this mystery Shocker? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Harve
post 14th December 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

How you think your entry will do: 21st or higher would be satisfactory.
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be: La Roux low top 10
Most surprising flop (and where roughly): Above or Lesley Roy missing top 20
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly): ???
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?: Good methinks
Who will win?: Frank-musique!

This post has been edited by Harve: 14th December 2008, 02:56 PM

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 14th December 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Does everyone think Bhangra are gonna be last?

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
DROTTNING!

By order of performance:

BaNG: Santogold - Say Aha // Prediction: 10th-16th [12th?]
Santogold's joint 10th place (down to 11th on tiebreak) position in IX with an inferior song leads me to believe that Say Aha could very well do better...were it not for the fact that a) Say Aha is on the verge of release, rendering it a tad cheap, and cool.gif the quality of this final is higher than the quality of IX's final, which was dominated (just a tad) by Bergermania. Also, Say Aha suffers from being Santi's second entry, so she won't have the introduction factor that may have propelled Quotosibb to the doormat of the top ten back in August. As a result, I'm predicting that this will land somewhere between 10th and 16th, but provisionally predicting 12th place.

Kingdom of Shadow: Belinda - End of the Day // Prediction: 18th-26th [23rd?]

The Great Kingdom has fallen on harder times, and has admitted that this is a 'filler' entry of sorts to bide the time until the next contest where they will be sending electropop stormer Lights - Ice. Due to this, I can't see this average femrock track doing a great deal in the contest, and I think it will struggle to avoid flopping - I predict between 18th and 26th, but provisionally 23rd place.

Espen: Serebro - Dyshi // Prediction: 16th-24th [20th?]

Finalist debutantes Espen used former Frahlisan and Kopecek entrants Serebro to book their place in the final, however, I can't see this dark Russian ballad of sorts doing much as it is (IMO) one of their weakest singles (possibly only ahead of the disappointingly repetitive Dirty Kiss). It remains to be seen how popular Serebro are with this sort of thing, but if the classy electropop stormer Opium couldn't breach the top five against lesser competition than Dyshi faces, I doubt that an unmemorable ballad will stand a chance of breaking the top ten. Serebro's popularity may get them close to not flopping, however I don't see this going any higher than 16th; and predict 20th.

Kellyana Kingdom: Marina and the Diamonds - Mowgli's Road // Prediction: 8th-14th [10th?]

Kellyana Kingdom had one of the best starts to the contest with a 6th place finish for Megan McAuley in October, but this fantastic piece of indie-wonky-pop seems unlikely to scale the same heights. Top ten is still very likely, however I reckon it will miss out on a few key points and therefore top five, but 10th place seems appropriate for this song. I am of the opinion that M$ney would've been a potential winner...

+Quote this post
Harve
post 14th December 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

QUOTE(ChristmasRobot @ Dec 14 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Does everyone think Bhangra are gonna be last?

Not if i give them 12! tongue.gif

Unfortunately i have to save love for proper songs, not just ones i love because of my immaturity cheer.gif tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 14th December 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

How you think your entry will do: I honeslty do think Kelly will finish somewhere in the top 10.
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be: Kelly doing well LOL
Most surprising flop (and where roughly): I'll say Angelicland actually
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly): Lorikeet LOL
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?: Bad LOL
Who will win?: Kopecka

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Continuing:

Nonsuch: Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive // Prediction: 12th-24th [17th]

Despite Nonsuch's fantastic record to date, and the beauty of this song, I can't see this one doing anywhere near as well as Lisa's 4th place finish this time last year, if only because it pales in comparison to quite a few of the other entries. One that will suffer from '11th favourite' syndrome I think, and end up dependent on its high votes to finish 17th, but could give Nonsuch a non-flop depending on whether we're in a classy fempop mood or going towards electropop (as seems to be the case) for this edition.

United States of Jack: Jessie Malakouti - Trash Me // Prediction: 3rd-10th [6th]

This is so Britneytastic that I can't see this one not going top ten, but unfortunately I think that's what stops this from being a big challenger for victory - it's far too similar to If U Seek Amy, and I can see quite a few of the voters thinking that this copies from Britney as opposed to the vice versa case seeing as this came first. Had this been entered a few months earlier we'd be seeing a very big contender for victory, but as it is I think the USJ will be very pleased with a likely top 5, but I predict 6th for Jessie.

Dalisska: Elizabeth & the Catapult - The Devil's Calling // Prediction: 18th-26th [24th]

Latin-ish rocky pop doesn't strike me as a massive contender for anything in this contest dominated by electropop. Qualifying with this nice tune was the main achievement I think, unfortunately. Can't see this one getting far into the top twenty, if at all - I predict 24th.

Juranabaijan: Feeder - Sweet 16 // Prediction: 27th-28th [27th]

The fact that its qualification was such a massive shock says a lot. The war to not be last will be between the Juranis and the Bhangrese, and I think the Juranis will win, but that that will be all they will take away from tonight's results.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Mdiče: Frankmusik - Three Little Words // Prediction: 1st-5th [3rd]

Storming electropop that would be virtually guaranteed victory if it was by a woman, I think that this will barely miss out on giving Mdiče their fourth victory and finish 3rd by a couple of points. Definitely one of the big five contenders for victory.

FSR Farahtyn: Una Healy - Sorry // Prediction: 12th-22nd [15th]

Another one that achieved a lot in qualifying, however I think it has done so off the back of a few big votes. Won't suffer from 11th place syndrome as badly as Nonsuch - not that it would matter, I'm sure Farahtyn would be glad to not flop. Will barely miss out on doing so IMO, and will finish 15th I think.

Skall: Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses // Prediction: 20th-26th [25th]

I can see there being a massive gulf between the bottom two and the rest of the competition, however I think that this BuzzJack unfriendly song will end up coming out badly in the battle to avoid the 'credible' (as in songs that could actually expect to not finish bottom two tongue.gif) last place of this contest and finish 25th, just avoiding humiliation...

Kathaldazia: Louise Carver - Impossible Love // Prediction: 22nd-26th [26th]

...which I think will go to Kathaldazia. How this rather dated breezy country-ish pop-rock managed to qualify and Jamali didn't I will never know. I can't see this doing anything.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Jester's Kingdom: Chairlift - Bruises // Prediction: 8th-22nd [13th]

This one is definitely one of the hardest songs to call of the contest, as I'm not quite sure whether it will be overlooked or not, or whether it will be considered cheap in the wake of its usage for an iPod advert. Could either give the Fools their greatest result yet or their most disappointing - either way, I think it will land somewhere in the middle, and give them a non-flop at 13th.

Botanikka: Darin/Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love // Prediction: 1st-4th [1st]

Who said we had a male bias? This RedOne produced electrostormer strikes me as being VERY likely to go one better than Lady GaGa and secure a deserved victory for Botanikka - and a little female presence on the track in the form of Kat DeLuna can't hurt the Botanikkan cause heehee.gif

Lorikeet: Kelly Osbourne - One Word // Prediction: 10th-16th [14th]

Will definitely give Lorikeet their best result since Dumb. Whether it will give them their first top ten is uncertain though...I think it will give them a non-flop by finishing 14th, but top ten might be a struggle. Will suffer from people discounting it ahead of tough competition due to having already loved it I think sad.gif

Land of Jack: Nena/Kim Wilde - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime // Prediction 14th-22nd [18th]

A slice of more mature electrorock than much of the competition, I can see this one going over some people's heads in the wake of Frankmusik, Darin et al. Will finish low-mid table, but definitely won't deserve it - this one screams 18th to me.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 14th December 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

How you think your entry will do: 1st 7th-9th where i normally finish.
What you think the biggest shock of the night will be: KoS doing better than people expect. or an Ashton won
Most surprising flop (and where roughly): It could go very badly wrong for Mdice sad.gif , Botanikka w00t.gif , Kopecka cry.gif or Angelicland The faves are never safe
Most surprising dark horse (and where roughly):As above the above, KoS could be top 10. *coughAshtoncough*
Will it be a good or bad night for the contest?: Good as long as Botanikka doesn't win. Fucking vile song
Who will win?: Hopefully Kopecka. I wouldn't be grude Mdice win #4, or USJ getting their first win. Ashton's got it in the bag innit

If i flop i will cry all night.

So vote Ashton! i have an uberimportant exam in the mornin innit, wanna be in a good mood 4 it tongue.gif

(7th-9th i'll settle for)

This post has been edited by The Fear: 14th December 2008, 04:49 PM

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 14th December 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 14 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Jester's Kingdom: Chairlift - Bruises // Prediction: 8th-22nd [13th]

lol, not vague at all kink.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #16
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Eledan: Elisha Keen - Love Soldier // Prediction: 16th-26th [22nd]

An unremarkable track which can't be helped by its autoqualification. Expect point/s from Herzebania tongue.gif The achievement here for Pavel would be getting out of the bottom eight; I don't see this one avoiding a flop. 22nd and back to the same old story for Eledan methinks: at least until BJSC XVII tongue.gif

Kylienips: Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams // Prediction: 4th-8th [5th]

Loffly track. Watch out for this one picking up Lenka's votes from the last contest, but not quite strong enough (and a tad too well-known) to charge for victory I think. Still, Kylienips will be pleased with 5th I reckon, especially after their rather dire run thus far.

Torchwood: Lesley Roy - I'm Gone, I'm Going // Prediction: 16th-20th [19th]

Femrock isn't really the theme for this contest, and I think Torchwood will struggle with this. Good track, but will be overwhelmed by the competition to finish low-mid table at 19th.

Kopečka: La Roux - Quicksand // Prediction: 1st-5th [2nd]

Modesty prevents me from continuing. smoke.gif This prediction is based purely on the loff I've seen for the track so far. Just an hour and a half to go! ohmy.gif dancing.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Snowman_James @ Dec 14 2008, 05:09 PM) *
lol, not vague at all kink.gif

Shut up kink.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 14th December 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I don't want to flop everytime until BJSCXVII cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif But i want to beat you in qualifying to finals

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 14th December 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 14 2008, 05:37 PM) *
Shut up kink.gif

you shut up kink.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 14th December 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #20
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Pavel @ Dec 14 2008, 05:40 PM) *
I don't want to flop everytime until BJSCXVII cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif But i want to beat you in qualifying to finals

Well, we have to count it from VII as that was the first contest to really have regular semi-finals (and also my first semi-final laugh.gif), so who has qualified every time they've been eligible? ohmy.gif

Kopecka
Eledan
Nonsuch
Quotosibb (?)

Mdice (missed VIII by choice)

Any others? unsure.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)