BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPOILER THREAD: The Good Times Tour
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 15th October 2023, 11:55 AM
Post #41
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Glad you enjoyed it too!!

Random question - did the VIP lanyard have anything printed on it or was it plain?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 15th October 2023, 12:46 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 15 2023, 12:55 PM) *
Glad you enjoyed it too!!

Random question - did the VIP lanyard have anything printed on it or was it plain?

Yes, it’s a printed lanyard with a tag on it (I’ll take a picture when I’m home).

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 15th October 2023, 03:06 PM
Post #43
Group icon

Thank you!! I'm curious cause I want an S Club lanyard for work laugh.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 15th October 2023, 03:49 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 15 2023, 04:06 PM) *
Thank you!! I'm curious cause I want an S Club lanyard for work laugh.gif

image hosting

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 15th October 2023, 04:20 PM
Post #45
Group icon

Amazing, thank you for sharing!! Will absolutely be wearing that at work *.*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 15th October 2023, 06:44 PM
Post #46
Group icon

So a full detailed review from me!

This gig was easily the most anticipated gig I've had in a long time, perhaps since the last S Club reunion. The effect they have on me and the nostalgia they bring is entirely unparalleled by anyone else. Therefore, the bar was high. I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I knew some of my biggest hopes wouldn't happen and that it wouldn't be the most high-budget show ever.

I had an absolute blast. Not looking at the setlist in advance was the best decision I could've made, as I had no idea what was coming when. The second Don't Stop Movin' began, my sister and I went crazy - not introducing that song was an excellent decision! The album tracks chosen weren't shocking in any sense but they felt right. Queen Tina slayed Stronger as I knew she would, hearing Bradley perform Friday Night live was so much fun, and Jon's Sunshine performance was heartwarming, from him singing Paul's adlibs for him, and changing the lyric from "girl" to "boy"! heart.gif

My highlight of the night, unexpectedly, was Alive! Getting further into the setlist I was wondering whether it was even included but it turned into a massive moment, the new mix made it sound insanely fresh and like it could be a current hit - I'd love it to be released (I know it won't be). The S Club Party encore actually popped off more than the first performance despite it initially feeling like a random way to end the show (would've still traded one for a Who Do You Think You Are? performance though).

I don't mind whether it was mimed or not really, though the ballads definitely sounded live. Jo was having problems with her in-ears during Have You Ever notably but she nailed every big note still. The chemistry between the five of them was strong, they looked tight as a five piece and all of them seemed to be really enjoying it. I barely noticed the lack of dancers, they captivated me more than enough between the five of them!

The Paul tribute was handled beautifully and with great care. Loved hearing Good Times played out over a touching montage, and the group singing with Paul on the final chorus. These Are the Days slotted in perfectly to the setlist (though I feel slightly conned that they promised songs they'd never performed before and this was the only one!). My sister bought the charity Good Times t-shirt, I got the white t-shirt with the band photos on it as well as the mug, poster, tote bag and programme.

I cannot wait to go again in a couple of weeks for a couple of the London dates, especially for the VIP on the Saturday evening show after seeing how lovely everyone's photos have been! Replaying every moment over and over in my mind, feels surreal that my first show has already happened now.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 18th October 2023, 06:29 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Loved reading your review!!

I'm literally SO excited for my show next week!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th October 2023, 02:49 PM
Post #48
Group icon

When are you going, Slayer? *.*

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 19th October 2023, 08:07 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Awww glad you had such a great time, I was thinking of snapping up a ticket for Leeds tomorrow... but I am travelling to Mexico so that was out of the window lol

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 19th October 2023, 10:48 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I’m seeing them next Thursday! It can’t come quick enough I’ve got major fomo laugh.gif seeing all the videos and photos, it looks like so much fun!

Aww Spice have a great time in Mexico! Hopefully S Club will do hoopla/pride events next year and you may be able to see them then!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th October 2023, 06:00 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Slayer @ Oct 19 2023, 11:48 PM) *
I’m seeing them next Thursday! It can’t come quick enough I’ve got major fomo laugh.gif seeing all the videos and photos, it looks like so much fun!

Aww Spice have a great time in Mexico! Hopefully S Club will do hoopla/pride events next year and you may be able to see them then!

For some reason when I first read that thought it was going to say hopefully S Club go to Mexico 😂

I’m not too fussed tbh I’ve seen them twice as a 7 piece once back in the day and on their last reunion tour. Good shows and I’d go again but not paying lots of money for it anymore.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th October 2023, 01:37 PM
Post #52
Group icon

Aw shame you couldn't make this tour Spiceboy, though hopefully there'll be chances to see them next year! cheer.gif enjoy Mexico *.*

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th October 2023, 05:25 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Oct 20 2023, 02:37 PM) *
Aw shame you couldn't make this tour Spiceboy, though hopefully there'll be chances to see them next year! cheer.gif enjoy Mexico *.*

About to head to Manchester for the airport now so don’t feel too bad about missing tonight 😂.

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 22nd October 2023, 03:59 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

How long a gap is it between M&G and the doors opening for the show?

In the email is says M&G is about 5pm and read they go on stage at 8:45 but not sure how long the M&G takes in total. my hotel is about a 20 min walk so not sure whether if I’d have time to turn up for M&G and go back to hotel for a bit, or whether it’s best to just stick around.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 27th October 2023, 12:10 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Oh wowwww!

I had the best time tonight.

I feel quite overwhelmed as they were my childhood and I got to finally see them 😭 I was sat front row, dead centre! I made contact with all of them during the show, Jon, Bradley and Rachel a lot!

They actually exceeded my expectations, the dancing was great and extremely tight. The songs went off and it was so nice to see how much they were genuinely enjoying it! There were non stop movin’.

They truly work great as a five piece and were extremely solid and it worked.

Also they look incredible in real life, like wow! Also Jon and Bradley are still so hot!

I enjoyed the remix of s club party at the end. I did miss show me your colours but I loved the show as it was. It has made me want to go again!

I had such a special night, it was definitely one of my favourite concerts because of how fun it was and what a special place they hold in my heart.

My meet and greet was great, they were so lovely and sweet!

I was actually quite impressed with Now United and Sweet Love as opening acts, I really enjoyed them. I just love groups that can dance.

This post has been edited by Slayer: 27th October 2023, 12:11 AM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 27th October 2023, 12:13 AM
Post #56
Group icon

Yessss so happy you had a great time!!!!! I'm so excited to go again tomorrow and Saturday (and M&G on the latter !!!!!)

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 27th October 2023, 12:58 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ahhh thank you!!

Have the best time, which i'm sure you will! It was such a fun show and I hope we get more from them next year.

I just loved seeing how happy they seemed to be performing together!

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 27th October 2023, 02:45 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I’ve got the double on Saturday - matinee and then later show laugh.gif

I got offered tickets for tonight too but 2 shows on one day is enough for me.

For anyone that can get to the 02 and hasn’t seen them yet tickets can be picked up massively reduced on Twickets (from £19!).

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 28th October 2023, 04:50 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Feel like it’s 1999.

Went to the Geri book signing the.man straight to the S Club matinee show - great show, only difference was the brought all their children on stage for a song which was lovely, off to the evening show shortly!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 28th October 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Loved the Alive remix, pretty random that they saved the best remix and biggest and best use of lights for the smallest hit of their (first time around) career.

Tina got a surprisingly good reception to Stronger! And the crowd really loved the ballads more than I expected, especially Have You Ever (and of course Never Had A Dream Come True, but that was a given).

Really liked the tuning the radio intro to You and the slight almost acapella start to that song.

Bring The House Down is definitely their great lost single, would have been such a big hit as a late Feb/early March 2001 single.

The setlist was ok, I do understand why Say Goodbye was left out, given the lyrics and the situation. But it was a bit all over the place in parts, I'd have definitely put either Bring It All Back or Don't Stop Movin' plus Reach in the encore and done Never Had A Dream Come True earlier on. I guess they needed a Jon solo but Sunshine was the song I least enjoyed personally, that definitely needed to be Show Me Your Colours, Viva La Fiesta or a Seeing Double medley (which easily could have been added somewhere anyway).

These Are The Days had a muted response but I get that as it would have been the least familar track to most in the crowd I guess.

The Paul segment was incredibly touching and well done, the only weird thing for me was the Hannah erasure. She was just as equal a part of the band as the other six, although it was quite clear how little she sang on their material - half a line here and there that Tina picked up.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 9th May 2024, 11:55 AM