BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Huw Edwards named as BBC presenter at centre of scandal
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Doctor Blind
post 12th July 2023, 09:46 PM
Post #41
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jul 12 2023, 10:25 PM) *
I'm a little behind — so, the first allegation that The Sun ran with wasn’t even made by the person, it was made by a third party, their parent, without their consent? And since then both The Met and South Wales Police have said no crime has been committed? This has been the biggest news story of the week? I feel like I am going insane.

Furthermore, the actual person involved directly messaged The Sun before they ran the story on Friday to explain the claims being made were 'rubbish' and that they were estranged from their parents. This was totally ignored.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th July 2023, 09:48 PM
Post #42
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 10:40 PM) *
17 is a child to me so I don’t think we’ll ever see eye to eye on this

I can accept that that is how you view things, but no crime has been committed and every individual has the right to their own privacy. You've made up your own wrong opinion based upon allegations which have not been verified. That is very dangerous and why stories like this coming out are very dangerous for the individuals concerned, as you have decided they are guility despite no crime being committed.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 09:50 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jul 12 2023, 10:46 PM) *
Furthermore, the actual person involved directly messaged The Sun before they ran the story on Friday to explain the claims being made were 'rubbish' and that they were estranged from their parents. This was totally ignored.

If the money was funding his drug addiction it’d make sense why he would deny these claims and why he’s estranged from his family. I don’t think that denial should be the end of it, it’s the family I feel sorry for. What parts of the story are “rubbish”? Did Huw have contact with him when he was 17? These are very important to understand the whole picture

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th July 2023, 09:55 PM
Post #44
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 10:45 PM) *
I was giving a more detailed explanation of the events as I really can’t comprehend how some of you can support him through this. The boy’s FAMILY are the ones making these accusations, not just The Sun.

Technically all of that can be true and not be a crime. Still morally reprehensible

Pretty disgusting you can read all of that and decide to make some wisecrack about me not understanding sarcasm

'
Because thankfully the majority of people in this thread actually understand the allegations and evidence. I'm sure the family are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and not thinking about that huge paycheck The Sun gave them for the story. Nope, of course not. Clearly you haven't read any of the statements back from the police that refer to the individual as an "adult" and not a "child" when any allegations took place, which tells you a lot and hence why there is no criminal investigation.

And also because it's THE SUN and they lie all the time.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th July 2023, 09:58 PM
Post #45
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 10:50 PM) *
If the money was funding his drug addiction it’d make sense why he would deny these claims and why he’s estranged from his family. I don’t think that denial should be the end of it, it’s the family I feel sorry for. What parts of the story are “rubbish”? Did Huw have contact with him when he was 17? These are very important to understand the whole picture

If you can't see how ridiculous you sound here, then I truly feel sorry for you. You're choosing to believe what you would like to believe.

I'm guessing you also think Freddie Star ate his hampster and Liverpool fans caused the Hillsborough disaster? Don't ever let facts get in the way of a good story!!!

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 10:00 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jul 12 2023, 10:55 PM) *
'
Because thankfully the majority of people in this thread actually understand the allegations and evidence. I'm sure the family are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and not thinking about that huge paycheck The Sun gave them for the story. Nope, of course not. Clearly you haven't read any of the statements back from the police that refer to the individual as an "adult" and not a "child" when any allegations took place, which tells you a lot and hence why there is no criminal investigation.

And also because it's THE SUN and they lie all the time.

Some of you just seem so gleeful about the potential downfall of The Sun that you’ve lost all sight of the actual story here. The Sun may not have handled it perfectly, but the defence of Huw Edwards is too much and is so unwarranted. Legally Virginia Giuffre and Matthew McGreevy weren’t children either, I don’t really care about the legal definition of a child.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 12th July 2023, 10:03 PM
Post #47
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Well we simply don't know that do we?

I also still don't quite understand how some 20 y/o supposed OnlyFans twink managed to lawyer up and slap down The Sun but here we are.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th July 2023, 10:18 PM
Post #48
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 11:00 PM) *
Some of you just seem so gleeful about the potential downfall of The Sun that you’ve lost all sight of the actual story here. The Sun may not have handled it perfectly, but the defence of Huw Edwards is too much and is so unwarranted. Legally Virginia Giuffre and Matthew McGreevy weren’t children either, I don’t really care about the legal definition of a child.

Once again, think about what you are positing. The irony of you thinking I/we have lost sight of the story when you're comparing Huw Edwards to Prince Andrew. You do realise in this entire story, no intercourse between the involved parties has taken place nor was it even implied that it would take place, don't you? The comparisons and argument you are making are completely ludacris. And the alleged photographs are have been paid via a Third Party well-known content creator platform, don't you? We're not talking about an incident where someone has badgered an individual on Instragram and then asked them to send sexual content for money.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 12th July 2023, 10:24 PM
Post #49
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Surely the person whom you should feel sorry for is the alleged victim in all of this at the centre of the allegations, rather than the family? If I had a serious drug addiction and I was on the front page of the news for 5 days straight with a serious drug problem, I know what the first thing I would do to try and forget about it all would be. Which makes it even more ludacris why the family have gone to the press and sold their story, about their own child, despite the child disputing the claims, and not wishing the story to be published. Maybe, just maybe, this story might not be everything The Sun would wish you to believe.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 12th July 2023, 10:34 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jul 12 2023, 10:03 PM) *
I also still don't quite understand how some 20 y/o supposed OnlyFans twink managed to lawyer up and slap down The Sun but here we are.

Scream!

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 10:00 PM) *

"Not handled perfectly" is quite an understatement — they made a false allegation that Huw Edwards committed a crime and purchased underage photos. They have quite happily stirred up blatant homophobia when that allegation fell apart. The "actual story" seems like quite the non-story — a closeted man potentially cheating on his wife with young men online is not a rarity, as creepy as it might seem.

I don't think anyone is supporting or condoning his behaviour. There is some nuance here because we don't know the full picture — however, we do know that no crime has been committed, which disproves the story in The Sun.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 12th July 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Agree with everything Rooney and DB have posted. And yes I am biased towards the Scum, anyone who isn’t doesn’t know their history, never forget.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th July 2023, 10:48 PM
Post #52
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 12 2023, 08:51 PM) *
It’s no different to Prince Andrew but the reactions are vastly different… it’s odd. And like everything else is slowly morphing into a left vs right issue, The Sun vs BBC, when that’s just not the issue here. Old men flirting with 17 year olds will always be wrong to me no matter who it is

With respect, what exactly are you implying by what I've bolded? From the context this comes across like you are essentially accusing me (/certain others) of defending pedophilia.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 10:52 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jul 12 2023, 11:48 PM) *
With respect, what exactly are you implying by what I've bolded? From the context this comes across like you are essentially accusing me (/certain others) of defending pedophilia.

Frankly in my opinion yes I think that’s what a lot of you are inadvertently doing.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th July 2023, 10:54 PM
Post #54
Group icon

Ok, I can't comment in this thread any more. I also think that has perhaps crossed a line.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 10:56 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Hence why I’m so disgusted with the defence of him in here. Illegal or not, he’s a dirty old man.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th July 2023, 11:00 PM
Post #56
Group icon

No, I think YOU have crossed a line No Sleep by accusing me of defending pedophiles. Read the fxxking room!

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 11:02 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jul 13 2023, 12:00 AM) *
No, I think YOU have crossed a line No Sleep by accusing me of defending pedophiles. Read the fxxking room!

I didn’t single you out, you asked me a direct question and I answered honestly.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th July 2023, 11:06 PM
Post #58
Group icon

I asked a direct question in the hope that you didn't mean to imply that and/or would walk it back when someone pointed it out to you.

ANYWAY. Besides that there is zero evidence that any of what you are claiming happened actually happened, apart from what has been pulled up by a paper that we know is institutionally homphobic off the back of the say so of an estranged mother and stepfather who want to make a quick buck out of their adult child's career choices that they disagree with/disapprove of. I'm sure this whole thing wasn't a crock of shit cooked up by two homophobes...

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 12th July 2023, 11:10 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I’m shocked to see a large percentage of the country defending a rumoured pedophile.

You’re jumping to a lot of conclusions there. What evidence do you have that the parents are homophobic? Or that Huw hasn’t been in contact with him since he was 17?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th July 2023, 11:12 PM
Post #60
Group icon

YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT ANY OF IT HAPPENED! I literally can't.

What evidence do you have right now that God doesn't exist or that I don't have five hands? GOTCHA

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th May 2024, 12:07 PM