BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2024, Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 10th February 2024, 10:58 PM
Post #81
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Really glad Fröken at least made AC, it deserved that at least, heaps of fun and memorable from the visuals alone. I really like Maria's track too, I wasn't expecting such a bop from her after last year's track but I'm glad to be more on board with her this time around! Dear Sara's song was more like what I was expecting from Maria, a cute song if nothing super exciting.

LIAMOO's wasn't particularly interesting, I don't think I've really cared for anything he's sent to Melfest. Nothing bad, just average. C-Joe had a diet bop but it didn't strike me as any sort of contender, surprised it ran Fröken so close! And Engmans Kapell was alright I guess x
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 10th February 2024, 11:14 PM
Post #82
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

The hosting is a bit dull this year, from my ok understanding of the Swedish language, the main host seems quite serious and downbeat.

I've got tickets to the final, which I'm sure will be great, but I can't say I'm properly in love with any of the four finalists so far. Maria's sounds good though, great production and she gave a stellar performance.

Surprised that Dear Sara finished above Fröken Snusk as the latter was brilliant but looks like she stands very little chance of going to the final now, with only two songs out of what will be 10 getting a second chance at making it in. They constantly send the safest stuff through every week, I don't think any of the four finalists so far are the winner.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 11th February 2024, 01:54 PM
Post #83
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Yeah, Danny, Dotter, Marcus & Martinus and Cazzi Opeia really need to bring it. Three of the four finalists so far are fine, but not worthy of winning.

This was my least favourite Liamoo entry so far I'd say, really boring to see him win the heat. Enjoyed Norrland more than I expected, that was catchy. And Fröken Snusk was great visually, would love if it could somehow find a way to the final so I can turn up at Friends arena in a pink balaclava.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th February 2024, 07:21 PM
Post #84
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Jacqline sounds promising, also looking forward to Klara, Kim, Danny, and obviously Dotter, Elecktra I’m hoping brings camp as f*** schlager too.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 14th February 2024, 08:01 PM
Post #85
Group icon
Hello?

Fröken Snusk has been No.1 on Spotify for a few days, which is great at least.

I’m not sure the groups voting works for me, I almost always prefer the televote results to almost any of the age group app votes. You end up with results like Dear Sara finishing higher than Fröken Snusk, yet she has the most popular song in the country right now and has 10 times as many YouTube views as Dear Sara, and I’d wager Liamoo and Maria would be below her on the chart if released already too. So are the two most popular songs each week always progressing under this system? I’d wager not.

Is the groups system in place for the second chance vote at the end too?

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 14th February 2024, 11:39 PM
Post #86
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I hate the voting system for the reason you gave above too. If it was around in 2014, it would’ve no doubt sunk Ace Wilder to like 4th in her semi instead of becoming some kind of breakout televote smash.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 15th February 2024, 09:14 AM
Post #87
Group icon
Hello?

Also it doesn’t really give the remaining schlager divas a chance to go direct to the final, as the younger three or four age groups won’t touch them. And ridiculous spectacles like Mirakel going DTF just wouldn’t happen with this system.

Just listened to this week’s clips and they sound much better - I adore Clara and hers sounds good but Jacqline and Cazzi’s sound strongest from the clips. Channelling Agnes’ Here Comes the Night and Pachelbel’s Canon respectively laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th February 2024, 12:39 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

So Cazzi had her hands in Effortless and Give My Heart A Break and she gave herself the latter?!
I’m having some problems with the SVT Website/App so I’ve only heard these two songs and Clara. Clara is great as well!
Effortless sounds like a Dua track.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 15th February 2024, 12:54 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 16th February 2024, 02:04 PM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Performance Clips are out. I wasn’t looking forward to this heat at all - but I was wrong!

Jacqline: what a surprise! I need this to go DTF!
Clara: ADORE. Great song - she sounds amazing!
Gunilla: TALKING SHIT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. She is COMING for Beyoncé’s Country era.
Cazzi: Great, a bit too sugary sweet for me. I prefer the other 3 songs.

I would be happy if these four were DTF/AC. But I’m excited for tomorrow (mostly for Jacqline)

Edit: apparently for AC they are scrapping the age voting, so perhaps some hope for Froken Snusk?

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 16th February 2024, 02:16 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 17th February 2024, 07:18 PM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I still cannot get over how horrible the hosting is this year. Tragically boring my word. Working out and board games?!
Awful awful awful.

Jacqline: Good, that performance however doesn’t align to the song at all and the dancers outfits were awful. I like the track but this needs some work.

Clara Klingenström: Shivers! Beautiful, great emotion. Amazing song, great performance! Loved it!

Kim: Jacqline should take notes on what her staging should look like. But this was awful and hopefully has no legs.

It’s at this point someone on Twitter pointed out Jacqline fell to #3 in the odds and Gunilla is now 2nd in the odds *.*

Gunilla Persson: quite shaky in places but SO camp. Beyonce should just cancel her Country era. I think this has legs. AC maybe? It could beat out Jacqline too….

Moa Anna Maria Carlebecker woooooowwwww. That was. Very good. I wasn’t expecting to like that as much as I did. Great job!!

I want Cazzi and Clara DTF with Jacqline and Gunilla AC. But, I wouldn’t be upset if Clara and Gunilla swap spots there.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 17th February 2024, 07:48 PM

+Quote this post
eurovision4ever
post 17th February 2024, 08:35 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 19,535

I cannot believe Clara did not even make top 4. Bloody youngsters again.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 17th February 2024, 10:56 PM
Post #92
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Very shocked Clara didn't even make it to AC, I thought she'd be fighting Cazzi for the second direkt spot! Shame as her song was really lovely. The right two went DTF this week though for sure, two really strong pop tracks! Think Jacqline has the edge for me but I really enjoy both, two of my fave songs so far in this year's contest.

Klaudy's song didn't do much for me, and Kim's was decent but forgettable among better bops.

Gunilla's was tacky as hell and I'm not sure she knew where she was for the duration of that performance... I think I have to stan x

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 17th February 2024, 11:38 PM
Post #93
Group icon
Hello?

Love the two finalists this week, both great pop songs and instantly my two favourites in the final! Nice week for Cazzi, performing and writing the finalists.

Less sure about the other two that progressed although Gunilla is hilarious for how ridiculous it is. Gutted for Clara though, it's not as great as her previous entry but still a very solid song that deserved another shot.

Good to see Christine Meltzer again, and the reminder of Inget konstigt alls laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 18th February 2024, 10:13 AM
Post #94
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Aaron. @ Feb 16 2024, 02:04 PM) *
Edit: apparently for AC they are scrapping the age voting, so perhaps some hope for Froken Snusk?

She must surely have one of the two spots wrapped up if it's televote only. She's still No.1 on Spotify Sweden with quite a lead. Shame Elisa has practically no chance, as no doubt Gunilla stands a good shot, or one of the four songs still to end up there which will be fresher in the mind if there are no full performances. I'll be livid if Fröken Snusk doesn't make it!

--------

Clara's studio version is so lovely, what was that result all about, it should have been a safe third in that heat.

+Quote this post
eurovision4ever
post 18th February 2024, 10:47 AM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 19,535

The two finalists from tonight in my opinion are head and shoulders above all the other finalists so far

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 18th February 2024, 11:02 AM
Post #96
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

Gunilla for Eurovision. smile.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 19th February 2024, 12:02 AM
Post #97
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Shocked that Sweden voted for a Melfest newcomer, and a woman, to win the heat. I guess the song just has that power, being by far the best in the contest so far cheeseblock.png

Clara and Klaudy should've been the other way round and then the results would've been acceptable. Gunilla I can take or leave, I liked it more than the clip and 4th feels right amongst these songs.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 19th February 2024, 11:54 AM
Post #98
Group icon
Hello?

Gunilla in at No.2 on Spotify laugh.gif

Clara doing the worst out of all of Saturday's songs sadly, just scraping into the top 50.

So it's Fröken Snusk and Gunilla to go to the final as it stands, along with who knows what will pop up in the next two weeks, so maybe neither. I'm expecting to be heartbroken though (especially as I hoped Elisa would have an outside shot too), and it's annoying that there are some fillers in the final already.

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post 19th February 2024, 12:28 PM
Post #99
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104

Gunilla won in 10-15 ohmy.gif and 16-29 age groups, but was last in 30-44 and 45-59. confused.gif

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 19th February 2024, 02:01 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,716

The bailiff in Sweden went through gunillas hotel room on Sunday morning, she owes 600k SEK to the tax authority. They siezed shoes, purses, rings and necklaces for 100k SEK. They will be auctioned off soon, so if anyone is interested they should keep an eye out lol

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th May 2024, 12:30 PM