BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Spin-Offs survey, fill in as you wish
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
AaronTM
post 22nd January 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #21
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631

QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 22 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Any further comments/suggestions?
DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE BJSC. People are capable of having two parallel contests.

But both interfere with the BJSC then. If I want to enter both and they run parallel then that's interfering with the BJSC to me as I wouldn't be able to give my full attention to both contests. I dunno, I just don't see why people who don't want to be in the spin-offs have a problem with waiting an extra few weeks until the next contest.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
6weeksatnumber7
post 22nd January 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,604

Would you consider participating in spin-off contests?

Yes

Would you rather see them run parallel with or in place of regular BJSC contests?

Neither - There's 52 weeks a year, 2 weeks off for Xmas, two weeks off for Eurovision leaves 48 weeks = 10 regular contests, 1 spin-off, 1 best of. Break it up: 5 regular contests, Spin Off, 5 regular contests, Best Of.

If they were to be in place of regular BJSC contests, would you prefer a spin-off to be after XIII, after XIV or later than this?

After XVI and before XVII.

How often do you feel that spin-off contests should happen?

Once a year - see above.

If you are willing to participate in spin-off contests, can you suggest any interesting themes?

One word titles.

Keep up the good work.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 22nd January 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

Yes Definitely

Would you rather see them run parallel with or in place of regular BJSC contests?

run sort of in between normal contests...should be more low key & have more time in advance to find song to fit theme.

If they were to be in place of regular BJSC contests, would you prefer a spin-off to be after XIII, after XIV or later than this?

First establish what the first theme is going to be, then run the competition after XIV.

Minimum 2, max 3 per year.

If you are willing to participate in spin-off contests, can you suggest any interesting themes?

"Worst Songs - i.e. Car Crash that was so terrible I must play that track again bad"
"Cover versions"
"Comedy/Song Parodies"
"Live Performances only"
"Male Only"
"Retro themes - i.e. a track from the 1980s, etc"
"UK No.2's; etc"
"Film Themes"

No ..... bring it on!!!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd January 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #24
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(thisispop @ Jan 22 2009, 06:52 PM) *
"Comedy/Song Parodies"
Weird Al for me probably kink.gif I LOVE This idea!

Actually Roy Chubby Brown - Yogi Bear for me heehee.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 22nd January 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Parodies idea is lovely as well. I'm sending Britney - I'm Not A Girl... (MadTV) kink.gif

+Quote this post
Harve
post 22nd January 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

Yes
I'd prefer to see them run in place of BJSC contests, but if a lot of people don't do them, it would ruin the entire competition imo, and would only work in parallel, but my answer is in place tongue.gif
After XIV, because i don't follow Eurovision, though thats my personal opinion.
After every 3 contests (so 3 a year)
People have already mentioned them tongue.gif
I wish people'd try a spin-off before not wanting one.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 22nd January 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

QUOTE(Aaron™ @ Jan 22 2009, 06:30 PM) *
But both interfere with the BJSC then. If I want to enter both and they run parallel then that's interfering with the BJSC to me as I wouldn't be able to give my full attention to both contests. I dunno, I just don't see why people who don't want to be in the spin-offs have a problem with waiting an extra few weeks until the next contest.

Sorry, I meant the schedule (such as altering it to every two months or something). I know people would have problems entering two contests at the same time. But I wouldn't like it if the BJSC was every two months. I'd lose interest pretty quickly.

They don't have to happen at exactly the same time. BJSC's schedule could be changed slightly so you have more time at the end of each month to run the spin off.

What you could have for BJSC is:

Song Confirmation: 2nd - 7th.
Semi-Final Voting: 7th - 12th
Final Voting: 11th -17th

The spin-off could happen around the 13th and last until the 30th.

That's 15 days for the BJSC and 17 days for the Spin-off.

Or if that doesn't work, you could have what 6weeksatnumber7 suggested:

5 regular contests, Spin Off, 5 regular contests, Best Of.

As long as BJSC isn't moved to every two months, then I'm happy. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post 22nd January 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #28
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

OMFG i'm sending JIZZ IN MY PANTS if there's a comedy theme [DON'T STEAL tongue.gif]

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 22nd January 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 814

Yes

Definitely parallel. No question. To people who have said it depends how high/low key they are, but if they were running parallel it would be people who really want to do it participating and it would be low key anyways, but it would mean they can run pretty much constantly without causing too much disruption. People will obviously be pre-occupied with the regular contest if it took place instead. People say they couldn't focus on two contests at once, but if you don't want to then just don't do the spin-off. I'm sure it could be easily arranged that the finals etc don't exactly clash.

I'd really rather they weren't, but if they have to be, I'd say let's have a few more regular contests first, because we've only had 2 contests since the best of.

Preferably not at all, but if they are in place of the real contest then once a year plus best of, and if alongside, then as many times as there is demand for. They don't have to be ongoing, they could just happen in a subforum when somebody has a good idea for one. I think they could run quite happily side by side.

Various genres perhaps, but mostly they should be songs that aren't allowed or wouldn't normally be entered in a regular contest.

If we MUST have them instead of regular contests I don't think songs from the spin-offs should be allowed in the regular contest, since the spin-off contests would be given equal status to regular contests. However if they ran alongside, which I am all for, I think you should be able to use them in regular contests as the spin-offs would be lower key. Who knows, they could even give people brilliant ideas for entries in the real one.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd January 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

from reading the various comments, I agree that they should run alongside the normal contest as completely separate entities instead of in replacement to regular contests...therefore, people who don't think they have the patience to listen to 80-odd new songs in the space of five weeks don't have to participate in the spin-offs and they wouldn't affect the regular contest in any way

I don't think it would interefere with the 10 contests a year plus Best Of idea as contest happen every 5 weeks or so anyway, it's not like we are going to have XIV at the end of February, most probably the first week of March

so if other's agree with this, we could probably have the first spin off at the end of February (around 21st-24th maybe) and then the final of XIV on 1st-3rd March maybe which would like usual be a 5 week gap between contests, we just would need to reach some sort of consensus on what sort of theme to do first

how would other people feel about this?

+Quote this post
Jester
post 22nd January 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Yes

Parallel to start with, then in place

Between XV and XVI would be better

Every 3 contests

All Male
90s UK #1s
90s UK #2s
Novelty songs

Nope!

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 22nd January 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #32
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 22 2009, 07:57 PM) *
Sorry, I meant the schedule (such as altering it to every two months or something). I know people would have problems entering two contests at the same time. But I wouldn't like it if the BJSC was every two months. I'd lose interest pretty quickly.

No no no - NOBODY is suggesting that the contest is every two months! Spin-offs would occur once, twice a year at most (along with the Best of).

+Quote this post
Aled.
post 22nd January 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 4,254

Yes

Parallel definatly

After XIV, so VV Brown doenst look cheap in March

2/3 times a year maybe

Not really, no. Except for ones already mentioned. Girls Aloud album tracks spin off?

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 22nd January 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #34
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

Could I make a suggestion? Could we begin by having one replace a contest (AFTER XIV, so don't say you weren't forewarned if this goes ahead) and then see where we go from there? We have no idea how busy these will be, so it seems a tad silly to have it running parallel when we have no realistic idea of how popular a spin-off will be, and if it turns out that the spin-off idea is very popular (done by a questionnaire after the contest asking if they would like another spin-off to run concurrently or in place of a contest afterwards), then we keep the format. If not, then run parallel. Sound like a good compromise? tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post 22nd January 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

QUOTE(Trashlexis @ Jan 22 2009, 09:00 PM) *
No no no - NOBODY is suggesting that the contest is every two months! Spin-offs would occur once, twice a year at most (along with the Best of).

Gooood. Then continue on like I'm not here. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 22nd January 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #36
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

A-M-A-Z-ING idea Trash smoke.gif

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 22nd January 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 814

Hold on though. Whether the spin-offs are parallel or instead of does not depend on how many people take part! It is completely the other way around!

If they were parallel then they'd be lower key with probably 15-20 people taking part and if they were instead of regular contests then the majority would probably take part anyways.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd January 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Trashlexis @ Jan 22 2009, 09:02 PM) *
Could I make a suggestion? Could we begin by having one replace a contest (AFTER XIV, so don't say you weren't forewarned if this goes ahead) and then see where we go from there? We have no idea how busy these will be, so it seems a tad silly to have it running parallel when we have no realistic idea of how popular a spin-off will be, and if it turns out that the spin-off idea is very popular (done by a questionnaire after the contest asking if they would like another spin-off to run concurrently or in place of a contest afterwards), then we keep the format. If not, then run parallel. Sound like a good compromise? tongue.gif

I'd be happy with this personally, it would give us good chance to agree on a theme/host and a good few weeks to formulate song ideas biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd January 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Peter30 @ Jan 22 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Hold on though. Whether the spin-offs are parallel or instead of does not depend on how many people take part! It is completely the other way around!

If they were parallel then they'd be lower key with probably 15-20 people taking part and if they were instead of regular contests then the majority would probably take part anyways.

I think you'd be surprised, I could easily see 30+ countries taking part if it was parallel. I think some people might feel left out if they didn't take part in the spin-offs, I know I would

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 22nd January 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jan 22 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I'd be happy with this personally, it would give us good chance to agree on a theme/host and a good few weeks to formulate song ideas biggrin.gif

kink.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th May 2024, 02:34 AM