BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Heidi says it’s unlikely she’ll be back in the Sugababes
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post 27th June 2023, 04:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Discussing a possible reunion, Heidi told the Mirror: "I don't know, I'd never say never.

"I don't know if that's likely to happen."

But while she isn't considering stepping back into her Red Dress, she has also ruled out any possibility of solo material.

"I'm not thinking of doing solo music, no," she stated.

Nowadays, Heidi who has partnered with Omaze and the NSPCC is a stay-at-home mum which was a "dream come true" after living her dream career of being a singer.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news...readmore-target

Most of the interview is talking about the charity she works for.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
tommie
post 27th June 2023, 05:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Yeah, no surprises here. Not sure what people expect her to say really. Sugababes are a three part harmony and the OG three seems happy enough together. Aside from reforming 4.0 (whom no one wants), what else is she supposed to do?

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 27th June 2023, 06:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

She gets asked this constantly it seems - even if she wanted to get back together there is no place for her in the OG line up so unless Jade and Amelia want to do Butlins with her I’m not sure what response interviewers are expecting?

No surprise she’s not considering solo music either, it’s not something she’s actively pursued over the years?

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 27th June 2023, 08:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

Sadly, her only chance to rejoin the group is if one of the girls falls out with the other two. whistle.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th June 2023, 08:19 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jun 27 2023, 09:03 PM) *
Sadly, her only chance to rejoin the group is if one of the girls falls out with the other two. whistle.gif

With their track record Heidi will be performing with the remaining two girls at the O2 this year laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Crown_The_Witch.
post 27th June 2023, 09:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jun 27 2023, 09:19 PM) *
With their track record Heidi will be performing with the remaining two girls at the O2 this year laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well if it happened i dont think anyone would be shocked!! although its highly unlikely.

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 28th June 2023, 02:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

It would never work with Heidi as a 4some. It’s a 3 part harmony group, and the dynamics would change and not in a good way.

I’m glad Heidi had gracefully stepped aside and doing her own thing.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 28th June 2023, 06:05 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jun 27 2023, 10:19 PM) *

The original line up have been back together since 2012…

+Quote this post
Silas
post 28th June 2023, 06:15 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Im not surprised she’s not overly keen on solo performing. she’s always spoken about nerves and the other girls being a helpful and calming influence.

I can’t see a market for 4.0 to perform (I get the impression That jade wouldn’t want to be involved regardless). Think the media are doing what the media do best and unnecessarily trying to manufacture something when they shouldn’t be asking her such leading questions like this to try and get a quote.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 28th June 2023, 06:24 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Silas @ Jun 28 2023, 06:15 AM) *
Im not surprised she’s not overly keen on solo performing. she’s always spoken about nerves and the other girls being a helpful and calming influence.

There's absolutely been zero news for the past decade about her recording solo - nothing about her "being in the studio", nothing about features. The only time she's done solo recordings was between Atomic Kitten and joining the Sugababes. It's clear she has no ambition to be a solo artist, and in all honesty, good for her as I think it would be a waste of her time. If she misses performing she should focus on doing West End and theatre stuff.

QUOTE(Silas @ Jun 28 2023, 06:15 AM) *
I can’t see a market for 4.0 to perform (I get the impression That jade wouldn’t want to be involved regardless). Think the media are doing what the media do best and unnecessarily trying to manufacture something when they shouldn’t be asking her such leading questions like this to try and get a quote.

It's a bit what else is she going to say? Obviously, we don't know what's down the road. I've said for a long time that we might get odd Sugababes line-ups twenty years from now doing shows, so yeah, never say never.

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 28th June 2023, 08:09 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

The 1.0 line to date is both the longest active and non active line up to date.

Jade wouldn’t ever rejoin the babes seeing as it ruined her career. She had rebuild herself and she did well with theatre and the odd movie.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 28th June 2023, 12:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I don’t think anyone cares or would want Jade back.

Lots of people I know have said to me they are gutted Heidi isn’t there otherwise they’d see them, which I understand as I grew up with 2.0.

Also this is iconic, I just saw this for the first time in ages on twitter laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th June 2023, 01:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(Sacred3 @ Jun 28 2023, 09:09 AM) *
Jade wouldn’t ever rejoin the babes seeing as it ruined her career. She had rebuild herself and she did well with theatre and the odd movie.

I'm not sure Jade's "career" was particularly going anywhere regardless, which is probably why she jumped at the chance to join them when she got the offer.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 28th June 2023, 02:22 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Jun 28 2023, 01:14 PM) *
I'm not sure Jade's "career" was particularly going anywhere regardless, which is probably why she jumped at the chance to join them when she got the offer.

To be honest, the publicity might've been what pushed "My Man" into the top 40 since it got zilch airplay. She probably would've been dropped after that single bombed and had her album shelved anyway - at least joining the Sugababes gave her about two years of income.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 28th June 2023, 04:54 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Sacred3 @ Jun 28 2023, 05:24 AM) *
I’m glad Heidi had gracefully stepped aside and doing her own thing.

More like she was pushed aside by the other three. She had no choice on the matter. They used her to build the Sugababes brand and expand their catalogue of hits only to drop her when she wasn't needed any longer. That's the harsh truth. I really feel for her.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 28th June 2023, 04:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon

That has absolutely zero grounding in any fact whatsoever.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 28th June 2023, 04:59 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jun 28 2023, 04:54 PM) *
More like she was pushed aside by the other three. She had no choice on the matter. They used her to build the Sugababes brand and expand their catalogue of hits only to drop her when she wasn't needed any longer. That's the harsh truth. I really feel for her.

What the f***? Heidi took part in kicking the last founding member out of the group. She made her choice in 2009.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 28th June 2023, 05:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Jun 28 2023, 07:59 PM) *
What the f***? Heidi took part in kicking the last founding member out of the group. She made her choice in 2009.

Geri also made her choice in 1998. Same for Mutya in 2005. Why can they be forgiven but Heidi not?

+Quote this post
tommie
post 28th June 2023, 05:17 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jun 28 2023, 05:06 PM) *
Geri also made her choice in 1998. Same for Mutya in 2005. Why can they be forgiven but Heidi not?

Geri and Mutya left their groups voluntarily. Surely you can see the difference here?

Also, the OG line-up started working with each other in 2011 when 4.0 were still supposedly active. Are you suggesting they should kick Siobhan out in favour of Heidi?

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 28th June 2023, 06:22 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jun 28 2023, 05:54 PM) *

I love Heidi but what on earth?!

I think Heidi now she’s grown up (like all of them) realises that things could have been dealt better with the Keisha situation. I think it is clear she has moved on from that part of her life and ‘gets’ why things wouldn’t work again and how it makes sense the originals are back together, like she said not too long ago.

There’s no denying she was a big part of the success but things change. She seems very happy being a mom and she’s said recently that she doesn’t want to take on something that’ll take up a lot of her time, being a Sugababe would.

I think Heidi knows that chapter is over and wants to dabble in other things. She truly seems happy, I’m sure she wishes things were different but too much has happened and is realistic.

She’s proud of being a Sugababe and is supportive of the girls and they are of them. I think that is great to see, I don’t think she’d expect to join like nothing happened.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 10th May 2024, 08:17 PM