BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPOILER THREAD: The Good Times Tour
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 29th October 2023, 04:14 PM
Post #61
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

If you weren't familiar with the band, you wouldn't really have been aware there was an extra member. The only lines Hannah had on any of the songs performed were on Bring It All Back and Tina picked those up with ease. It's not a problem in my eyes, though, she was treated just the same as any band member who leaves. One Direction and Little Mix didn't give any mention or attention to their departed members on tour, and even Spice Girls in 2019 didn't actively mention Victoria, the only references were in Wannabe and The Lady is a Vamp.

The O2 evening shows were great but Saturday night was particularly brilliant, what with it being the first of the London shows to go on sale meaning it's the most eager superfans in attendance. The atmosphere was so good and the crowd knew every song! Having seen the show a few times now I think the setlist order could've changed slightly (Don't Stop Movin' in the middle actually worked brilliantly because the SURPRISE of that starting with no notice is genius, but I think maybe These Are the Days should've been after Good Times and the Paul tribute, with Bring It All Back a little later). There was definitely room at least for Show Me Your Colours and maybe a medley - Dance / Gangsta Love / Who Do You Think You Are *.* just imagine! The setlist as it was though was very tight, no toilet break moments (I did see some going during Alive though, their loss to miss out on that incredible mix).

The highlight of yesterday was of course the meet & greet. It was brief, as I knew it would be, but I went away feeling so happy and a little tearful (in a good way!). I felt welcomed immediately by them all, and Jon asked my name. I had him on my left and Jo on my right for the photo (Tina far left, then Rachel followed by Bradley far right). Everything I said sounds exceptionally cliché on paper but it came from my heart and they seemed touched. I remember Rachel paying particular attention to what I was saying and Bradley said it was nice to meet me. I'm nervous to see the photo - I hope I don't look awful in it laugh.gif

I feel sad my experience of this tour is now over but I'm so happy it happened, grateful for the number of memories I've made and for the fact I've spent even just a couple of minutes with five of my childhood heroes (and I met Hannah a few years back at a comic con too). I know they have some plans into next year, and I hope S Club are around for years to come.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 29th October 2023, 05:13 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

Joseph, I genuinely loved reading that!

I'm so happy you had a brilliant time and you were very happy with your meet and greet! It is always special to meet people you had idolised for so long!

I agree with you, they were extremely solid as a five piece and were very tight. The setlist was very solid. I agree they could have squeezed in more but i'm hoping to god we get more of them next year!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 30th October 2023, 06:59 AM
Post #63
Group icon

So other VIP photos from that night have been uploaded but not mine mellow.gif feeling very anxious about the whereabouts of my photo now, I've sent them an email but a 14 day response time is not going to calm my nerves. Ugh.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 11th February 2024, 07:23 PM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

OMG they are rehearsing 'Natural' for the US shows, choreo looks great!

Their choreographer Nicky posted a rehearsal clip on his insta story.

edit: oh wait they were already performing this, my bad! the choreo looks slicker

This post has been edited by Slayer: 11th February 2024, 07:26 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 11th February 2024, 08:23 PM
Post #65
Group icon

The choreo looks REALLY great!!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 17th February 2024, 11:36 AM
Post #66
Group icon

Toronto was last night, seeing many good reviews! Stage was smaller so no stairs etc but they did have a slightly raised platform. Same outfits (black) for the whole night.

They didn't have a screen at the back of the stage, so the Paul tribute couldn't happen in the same way - instead Bradley and Jon sang Good Times! heart.gif

These Are the Days was cut, not sure if this was became the show started a little later than advertised or if it was never going to be on the US setlist.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 17th February 2024, 12:17 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Saw some videos online, looks like people had fun!! Will definitely try and find that video of Jon and Bradley signing 'Good Times' as I would love to hear that!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 19th February 2024, 01:35 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Great crowd!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 19th February 2024, 08:15 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Full show from last night, slightly more live vocals!!

Tina was live during stronger to?!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 20th February 2024, 06:51 PM
Post #70
Group icon

Paul Louis, aka Howard from Miami 7, will be attending tonight's show in New York! heart.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 20th February 2024, 08:05 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(JosephBoone @ Feb 20 2024, 06:51 PM) *
Paul Louis, aka Howard from Miami 7, will be attending tonight's show in New York! heart.gif

This is so sweet just really made me smile 😊

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 20th February 2024, 08:40 PM
Post #72
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Feb 20 2024, 08:05 PM) *
This is so sweet just really made me smile 😊

Me too!

It’s so nice that he’ll be there and that it appears he looks back on Miami 7 fondly.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 21st February 2024, 10:35 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Bradley posted a story with him backstage!

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 10th May 2024, 10:18 AM