BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Sport Relief Single?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Electro Paradise
post 13th January 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104

I can't decide if I'm dreading this or am quite excited. I really hope it's not cheesy. Fun and tongue-in-cheek is fine, just not cheesy. It might help boost the sales of the album though and people really need to hear how good this album is, so I'm sort of looking forwards to it for that reason alone. That said, the fact this will effect the amount of singles from the actual album is kinda annoying too. Presuming all this is true of course.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JONES
post 13th January 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,355

tbh i would have much preferred if they had done this last year and released it instead of HYD maybe as it is upbeat probably and got it out of the way, or put it of till next year... Salute is just too good!!

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 13th January 2014, 08:11 PM
Post #23

Sport Relief wasn't last year though tongue.gif I'm not sure if they'll even do it, they're not exactly the first artists that come to mind when recording a charity single. Maybe last year with their pure pop sound and image, but with their slick R&B sound and image now? I wouldn't be convinced.

+Quote this post
JONES
post 13th January 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

you know what I mean Sport relief, comic relief they are practically the same thing.. happy.gif

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 13th January 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #25

Yeah, I thought you meant that! I always thought that One Direction were the obvious contenders to make a Comic Relief single though so it was always going to happen.

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post 13th January 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(G R I F F @ Jan 13 2014, 08:11 PM) *
Sport Relief wasn't last year though tongue.gif I'm not sure if they'll even do it, they're not exactly the first artists that come to mind when recording a charity single. Maybe last year with their pure pop sound and image, but with their slick R&B sound and image now? I wouldn't be convinced.

I feel like 'Little Me' sort of damaged their 'slick R&B' image pretty much as soon as they created it. I'm not saying they will do the sports relief single, but I do think they are a pretty obvious choice, I'm not sure why people don't think that?

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 13th January 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #27

Well, there's also the fact that they're not one of the most prominent acts who could do a Sport Relief single. One Direction, Ellie Goulding... Little Mix seem like a slight step-down into the next league in terms of overall success after that. Still very successful, but not as wide-ranging as those two acts.

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post 13th January 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I would say they're just as big if not bigger than McFly or The Saturdays who both have done Sports/Comic Relief singles. They nay not be the biggest pop act around atm, but they're pretty much the biggest pop act around who hasn't already done a single and would do one currently. Sports Relief singles rarely top the number one so I think it's just about a ;little bit more money to go towards the charity and mostly raising awareness.

+Quote this post
JONES
post 13th January 2014, 09:46 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

and its also kind of tradition for the newest BAND to do a ...'relief' track:
mcfly, girls aloud, the sugababes, the saturdays, the wanted, one direction.. i think they are the next obvious choice after that

especially with there management suggesting big things happening this week and new recordings..round about now would be the time to announce it if they were going to do Sport Relief...

This post has been edited by JONES: 13th January 2014, 09:47 PM

+Quote this post
JONES
post 15th January 2014, 07:16 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

even though there have been clear signs that this may be true from the management "the girls are recording something special" "something exciting coming"... this is the most clear sign... we'll know soon but I think they've practically confirmed it...

"The girls are gonna be recruiting YOU for something very important & for a GREAT cause soon. #KeepYourMixerEyesPeeled. Mixers HQ x"

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 16th January 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(JONES @ Jan 15 2014, 07:16 PM) *
#KeepYourMixerEyesPeeled. Mixers HQ x"

Off topic but am I the only person who finds these hashtags irritating?

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 16th January 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #32
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Depends, they serve a purpose, to get their name trending if the fans pick up on it. I don't mind if they don't overuse them and so far they aren't tweeting tweets full of hashtags.

But if it's basically confirmed with that tweet that's pretty good. Good news because more exposure for them, good publicity, good for charity. The only thing I'm slightly sceptical about is the quality of said potential song.

+Quote this post
JONES
post 16th January 2014, 04:01 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

their management try too hard and their tweets are very annoying... especially the hashtags you're right...

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 16th January 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

QUOTE(JONES @ Jan 16 2014, 04:01 PM) *
their management try too hard and their tweets are very annoying... especially the hashtags you're right...

The Twitter page annoys me in general. Like the bag thing, who cares? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JONES
post 16th January 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

oooo yea I saw that, its a bit cringey... they should leave that shit out

but speaking of the bags and sport relief... they revealed they were flying somewhere secret... im assuming that they are going to Africa for Sport Relief... maybe

I guess we'll find out soon enough...
"There's a special #LittleMixAnnouncement TONIGHT at 9.30pm GMT! Make sure you’re back then smile.gif Mixers HQ x"

This post has been edited by JONES: 16th January 2014, 07:35 PM

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 16th January 2014, 09:36 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

The cover is 'Word Up' apparently - so, yes they are doing the Sports Relief single!

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 17th January 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #37

Thread closed as nothing more to discuss here.

Any issues PM me.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th May 2024, 12:19 AM