BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Muslims Like Us, BBC Two documentary
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 13th December 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

"Ten British Muslims with contrasting world views move into a house together. Their passionate debates, honest disagreements, humour and insights reveal what is like to be a British Muslim today."

Obviously its still a very topical issue and the latest documentary sees 10 Muslims, 5 from each gender, from different backgrounds and different views around the faith, move in with each other. This includes women who wear hijabs and women who do not, a gay man, someone who originates from Syria and a converted Muslim who strongly believes in the segregation of women. The latter has a few more controversial views but I'll leave those for anyone who wants to watch the show.

The topic itself attracts controversy no matter what the type of programme and so it does have mixed reviews, including 0/5 stars from the Daily Mail unsurprisingly. However, I found the first part last night really interesting as they do all have varying beliefs of the Islamic faith and it's interesting to see them discuss it amongst each other and challenge each other as well as members of the public. Obviously a lot of this was centred around the person with the more extremist views but hopefully it can convince at least one more person that many Muslims are not actually like that.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 13th December 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I saw this advertised, I will try and watch it at some point!

I'm glad the BBC seems to be making an effort with ethnic programming atm. There was the Black Season recently which had some very interesting documentaries. Back In Time for Brixton was great! And also a couple of great Sikh documentaries - in particular Sikhs of Smethwick on BBC Four was a fantastic watch and there was quite a buzz about it.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 14th December 2016, 12:33 AM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Abdul Haqq is basically the Islamic version of born-again Christians. They convert to the religion and then spend all their time devoted to it and practising an extremely literal version of it. He probably had his misogynistic views way before his conversion to Islam. He's a dangerous man and its worrying that he so strongly believes that he is right and believes he has the evidence for it so much so that he's determined to spread his beliefs to people as far as possible.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 11th May 2024, 04:02 AM