BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Michael Bublé - ❤, 10th album - 16th November
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 17th October 2018, 02:30 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Michael Bublé is releasing his 10th album, and his first since his son's battle with cancer, on the 16th November, aptly titled 'Love' (or '❤'). He's already released two tracks from it, "When I Fall in Love" (a cover) and "Love You Anymore" which was written and features background vocals from Charlie Puth. The former is standard Bublé and could pass as one of his Christmas songs but the latter is actually really good and a bit of a bop:

1. "When I Fall In Love"
2. "I Only Have Eyes for You"
3. "Love You Anymore"
4. "La vie en rose" (feat. Cecile McLorin Salvant)
5. "My Funny Valentine"
6. "Such a Night"
7. "Forever Now"
8. "Help Me Make It Through the Night" (feat. Loren Allred)
9. "Unforgettable"
10. "When You're Smiling"
11. "Where or When"
12. "When You're Not Here"
13. "I Get a Kick Out of You"
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 17th October 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Yet more utterly dreary and boring cover versions with a couple of original new tracks thrown in for measure.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th October 2018, 10:06 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Future #1 album in time for the Christmas market.

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 18th October 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,169

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Oct 17 2018, 04:59 PM) *
Yet more utterly dreary and boring cover versions with a couple of original new tracks thrown in for measure.

Well, covers are what he does - that is like asking why is Celine doing power ballads and Rolling Stones rock all the time. He started his career with covers and a few originals, I doubt that will ever change. Its not like Tony Benett has many originals, artists like that are crooners.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 31st October 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Michael's appearance on Carpool Karaoke for Stand Up to Cancer, where he also talked about his son's cancer diagnosis and treatment:

A really emotional ending but obviously his son seems to be okay now which is the good thing! His skit-off with James's dad was quite funny too.

I'm still loving "Love You Anymore" - it's still top 40 on iTunes following this so it could do something after his performance on the Michael McIntyre Show.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 31st October 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I know he has announced his retirement from music but i would think a Greatest Hits style release will be released this time next year or the year after.
I have enjoyed some of his releases but have never invested in a studio album but i would buy a Greatest Hits style album if he released one.
He really has showed the devastating effect that cancer has on a family especially when it is a child who has been diagnosed, he truly has expressed such honesty and emotion in his interviews when he talks about it.

+Quote this post
diamondtooth
post 31st October 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 3,909

I really hate when artists talk about such personal family issues in the run up to an album release.
Cheap way to get peoples sympathy and some promotion.
I'm looking forward to his retirement.

This post has been edited by diamondtooth: 31st October 2018, 03:34 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 31st October 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(diamondtooth @ Oct 31 2018, 03:33 PM) *
I really hate when artists talk about such personal family issues in the run up to an album release.

I mean, his son nearly died... That will have totally consumed his life and torn it apart, of course it's going to be very significant to him, people are going to ask him about it etc. It's probably informed the album too so of course it's going to be relevant and he's going to talk about it. Celebrities have lives and emotions too and tbh I think it actually helps for them to open up and be honest and share experiences, good or bad, especially when the Carpool Karaoke was for Stand Up To Cancer where they were raising awareness and sharing stories of cancer, which he had been affected by directly.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 31st October 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #9
Group icon

You realise this was recorded for a programme called Stand Up to Cancer? And his son almost died from cancer? What a stupid thing to say.

And he didn't even mention the new album!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st October 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #10
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 31 2018, 02:06 PM) *
I know he has announced his retirement from music

He clarified a couple of weeks ago that he isn't actually retiring, he was somehow taken out of context!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 31st October 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(zeze88 @ Oct 18 2018, 02:44 PM) *
Well, covers are what he does - that is like asking why is Celine doing power ballads and Rolling Stones rock all the time. He started his career with covers and a few originals, I doubt that will ever change. Its not like Tony Benett has many originals, artists like that are crooners.

You’re missing my point though. His covers aren’t very good - Celine Dion is good at what she does - maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but Buble is just plain boring!

+Quote this post
truly talented
post 31st October 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140

I don't get his continued popularity. It's not as if he puts his own stamp on the covers even and his voice to me is pretty bland.

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 31st October 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Oct 31 2018, 05:11 PM) *
You’re missing my point though. His covers aren’t very good - Celine Dion is good at what she does - maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but Buble is just plain boring!

Well, to each their own. Obviously plenty of people love him or else he wouldn't be so successful. I have seen him live 4 years ago and his concerts are great, he is anything but boring. Michael Buble is good at what he does except, like Celine, he isn't everyone's cup of tea. And its actually funny that casual fans talk about his covers (as in, I doubt casual fans listen to his albums) considering he actually rarely ever releases them as singles, his main singles, the ones that can be heard on radio, are all original he often actually co-writes - Home, Everything, Lost, Haven't Met You Yet, Close Your Eyes, Hollywood, Its A Beautiful Day, After All, Nobody But Me, Believe in You and now Love You Anymore.

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 8th November 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

https://youtu.be/5owx7m2EVAc

I bet that song Forever Now he can't perform is about his son.

He also announced a tour across US and Canada while more dates around the world will be announced soon.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 9th November 2018, 12:20 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(zeze88 @ Oct 31 2018, 08:31 PM) *
Well, to each their own. Obviously plenty of people love him or else he wouldn't be so successful. I have seen him live 4 years ago and his concerts are great, he is anything but boring. Michael Buble is good at what he does except, like Celine, he isn't everyone's cup of tea. And its actually funny that casual fans talk about his covers (as in, I doubt casual fans listen to his albums) considering he actually rarely ever releases them as singles, his main singles, the ones that can be heard on radio, are all original he often actually co-writes - Home, Everything, Lost, Haven't Met You Yet, Close Your Eyes, Hollywood, Its A Beautiful Day, After All, Nobody But Me, Believe in You and now Love You Anymore.

Being successful doesn’t necessarily mean someone is good though. I’ve heard some of his original tracks and they are actually quite good so don’t know why he keeps releasing dire covers but if people didn’t buy the crap then he wouldn’t release it!

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 10th November 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Nov 9 2018, 12:20 AM) *
Being successful doesn’t necessarily mean someone is good though. I’ve heard some of his original tracks and they are actually quite good so don’t know why he keeps releasing dire covers but if people didn’t buy the crap then he wouldn’t release it!

But like I said, he rarely releases the covers as singles anymore, he did that more in the beginning of his career

+Quote this post
Lomadz
post 10th November 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,274

I forgot about 'Close your eyes', an unbelievable song. He really is a great songwriter at times. I loved that song with Bryan Adams too!

Hope for some good originals on this and wish him every success, likeable bloke.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 12th November 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #18
Group icon

So this weekend he promoted different songs on Graham Norton and The X Factor. He really missed a trick by not singing "Love You Anymore" - that could've had an iTunes boost from X Factor!

His performance of "When I Fall in Love" isn't available to view yet. He's also announced a UK tour for next year:

Monday 20th May – Birmingham, Resorts World Arena
Thursday 23rd May – Glasgow, SSE Hydro
Sunday 26th May – Manchester, Arena
Thursday 30th May – London, The O2
Friday 31st May – London, The O2
Monday 3rd June – Leeds, First Direct Arena
Sunday 9th June – Belfast, SSE Arena

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 16th November 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Its a great album. I love his duets on La Vie En Rose and Help Me Make It Through The Night. The melody of My Funny Valentine is amazing, it sounds big and epic. Forever Now is so sweet and touching. Basically, its a very nice concept album considering the theme is love.

I'm so happy to find out today he is coming to Croatia on September 16th, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled like it happened with To Be Loved tour.

This post has been edited by zeze88: 16th November 2018, 03:16 PM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th November 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I mean seriously he was on a show call STAND UP TO CANCER... and his son had cancer! Of course he is going to talk about it and at no point did he mention his new album release. I really hate when people feel the need to spread hatred just because they don't like a particular artist... rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 5th May 2024, 03:45 PM