BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 💖 BJSC CXXVII 💖 the grand final results 💖, r e v e a l ; commencing at 8pm
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 14th September 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #281
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Bré @ Sep 5 2020, 11:27 PM) *
Voted!

There is one song that I think would have just missed out on my votes if I'd just done the one listen but has ended up in my top 5 so I am happy that I did actually get around to doing a second listen again this time, I wouldn't be surprised if the song in question is pretty borderline on qualifying or not...

Can confirm by the way that this was about FSR Rontvia so I was bang on the money there! In fact they were so borderline that they'd still have not qualified if I had flipped the other way on the other main point of contention in my semi votes (Holland-Oats being a very narrow 11th for me). Doubly sorry now Dexton! drama.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post 14th September 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #282
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

catching up...
didn't expect New Lexico to be one of my big fans this month! thanks for the 15 ~
congrats Bhangra on a record braking win and it means we get another great winner this year! all of that top 5 is great too, yay for Summericia managing 3rd when I thought it was perhaps a bit too niche to make it that high. a big yes for Bøtanikkä making top 10 as well, shame Thelonia couldn't join them but 11th is not bad (a position I've been in a few times too)
meanwhile 16th for me means it's my biggest hit of the year! yahoo.gif and two consecutive top 20s too, pleased with that.
great job on hosting as ever Aeroche (and your song nearly made my votes)

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 14th September 2020, 10:44 PM
Post #283
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(ITz Cody �� @ Sep 14 2020, 09:49 PM) *
wow @ Séyetana being THAT high! I thought Katie Dey would have been borderline with how much of a shock qualifier it was!

You and me both (well, people, principally Bré, don't appreciate the beauty but), I was sure I'd be in Rontvia's place, very glad I gave that my semi 12 as the final would have been poorer without it.

Thank you for the points everyone, I think I did respectably with putting forward an entry I've just fallen more in love with as the contest went on, I'll take it. Congratulations to Bhangra, I did vote for it in the semi but it slipped out of my votes in the final, so I didn't have it on my radar at all, but good song. Aelandor should have gotten over 100, I should have slipped him an extra point.

QUOTE(J00psyMethyd @ Sep 14 2020, 08:14 PM) *
I didn't expect a 12 from Seyetana ohmy.gif

Pop with attitude is normally a good way to grab me, your entry had loads of it!

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 14th September 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #284
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Congrats David, been a long time! That was the best Sheppard song I'd heard easily, it didn't make my votes but it was certainly one of the better pop entries this month so no complaints. Would've LOVED Summericia to win, but 3rd is pretty wonderful for a song of that ilk too (how do you find these things? wub.gif). Generally really good top 10, though I wish a few more of my top favourites had been there too. WHAT is Aelandor doing last??? And the only entry to not pass 100?! You all suck :'(

14th and just sneaking over 200 is mighty fine, thanks very much! That's two 16ths, a 14th and a 12th so far this year, must aim for at least two of the 18th, 20th or 10th before the year's out cool.gif I'm glad this has made up for the dismal performances of the other LCD Soundsystem entries that were sent here! which I don't think I've heard

Thanks Leww as always for a great show, loved the colours x

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 14th September 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #285
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

NOW, you can all say you're shocked at a Bhangra win and a Republic of Adonia top 5 but if you just believed in Hendinian odds just a tad then maybe there'd be no shock ;o

QUOTE(RobBot @ Sep 14 2020, 01:27 PM) *
01 ○ 4/1 ○ FARC ○ TTRRUUCES - The Disco
02 ○ 9/2 ○ Bhangra ○ Sheppard - Die Young
03 ○ 7/1 ○ Cor Lupus ○ Jessie Frye - Ocean
-----------------------------------------------------------------
04 ○ 9/1 ○ Altyr Muunilinst ○ Anna Bergendahl - Thelma And Louise
05 ○ 12/1 ○ Republic of Adonia ○ Ayesha Erotica - Vacation Bible School

JUST KIDDING, clearly my psychic skills are not on point because I haven't been so shocked by a song of mine doing well like this in a WHILE. Fourth?! With six 12's?! I genuinely thought I was in contention to DNQ this contest so I am BEYOND happy with managing another top 5 somehow.

I am also DELIGHTED to see my 18 pointer win, I really did immediately think 'Die Young' shared the same anthemic stadium pop feel as 'Goliath' so it wasn't even a competition for my 18 and to see Die Young also get a win makes perfect sense. Very happy to see Botanikka MASSIVELY exceed my expectations too, I don't know why I liked it as much as I did but it was a big shoulder shimmy.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 14th September 2020, 11:54 PM
Post #286
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

YAY at coming 3rd, as nice as a likely 2nd win could have been. I'm a bit relieved I didn't..I loved hosting but the spreadsheet stuff was a headache from memory lol I'm just happy with getting another top 3 (and a new position at that) so I count that as a triumph. I did have a strong hunch that it could be top 10/5. I just didn't want to feel like I was getting arrogant with my chances :') really pleased with 4 18's and 4 13's though!!!

Excellent winner. Really strong pop track and very happy for Bhangra what with them waiting a whole decade to win again. Farc was great as well so fab company in the top 3.

Happy that Cor Lupus (I've had my eye on Jessie as a potential for two months but with a different track so good for her and this was brill too), Adonia, Skall and Bøtannikä are top 10. Chuffed for Mishcatt too. To think I've had her bookmarked for 4 years! What the... at the bottom 4 though :/ especially Aelandor and Singerpurear sad.gif

Leww as ever thanks for the flawless hosting yet again!

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th September 2020, 12:05 AM
Post #287
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Congrats Bhangra! 'Die Young' was a big standout but I wouldn't have called it actually winning! I hadn't listened to anything from Sheppard in a while so it was nice to know they still have a knack for catchy tunes.

4th place for Hendinia is great to see! One of the only bright spots in a weak Semi 2, I'm glad it turned out to be a consensus hit. Aww at Thelonia being pushed out of the top 10 at the very end but tbf 11th is much higher than I anticipated it'd finish.

And cheers to me just barely getting my best result of the year, 25th after my only other qualifiers both finished 26th clap.gif I was not getting my hopes up for anything higher than bottom 10 and hadn't seen any hype for my entry, so it was all a pleasant surprise. I hadn't received an 18 from anyone since last year, so to get two tonight was a real treat!

Thanks Leww for hosting, loved the graphics as always!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 15th September 2020, 07:53 AM
Post #288
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Congratulations David!!! May not have pointed it but normally I would have (just such a good month) as it’s a great track!

Thanks as ever for your gracious hosting skills Leww!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 15th September 2020, 08:08 AM
Post #289
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Happy for Sheppard to win! The song was actually a number one in my chart in November 2019 so it was an easy choice for my 18 points. Surprised I got so high as 23rd as I was fully expecting bottom 10 lmao.

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 15th September 2020, 08:12 AM
Post #290
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

Attenborough-core. laugh.gif

Thanks for the points Bré, Rollo, Jade, Ducky and everyone else! Oop at Wooden Spoon though, thought I was doing okay until the latter part of the reveal. Was happy to qualify tbf but thought I'd get 30s or low 20s hmmmmmm.

Lots of good songs too low but a few great ones higher up too. Congrats Bhangra!!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 15th September 2020, 08:25 AM
Post #291
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Has Bhangra won between BJSC3 and this one? Because that would be an incredible record to have~

Oops no.

This post has been edited by ɥɔʇᴉq: 15th September 2020, 08:32 AM

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 15th September 2020, 08:31 AM
Post #292
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I was so shook to do fairly well, I thank you for all who supoorted overhwlemed! Esp those who gave it high points I am glad you loved it!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 15th September 2020, 12:56 PM
Post #293
Group icon

My first ever contest back in 1958 was Bhangra hosted so I'll be making a comeback most likely with a (male*) country banger (and finish last again :') ).

*half of Buzzjack left the chat

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th September 2020, 01:33 PM
Post #294
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

That doesn't sound like Adelita's way D:

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 15th September 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #295
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Congrats David Bhangra great entry, thanks Leww for another fab contest, and thank you everyone who voted for Yello, especially full pointer Rollo, helping us keep off the bottom rung after scraping through the semi by 1 point laugh.gif

I'm not saying we are making a habit of the 30's, but we've had 3x31's, 3x39's now, 32, 33, 34, 36, plus 40 and 41, so just 30, 35, 37, 38, 42 for the set laugh.gif

6 of our entries made the 20's

4 went top 20

5 have gone top 10

I make that 27 out of around 70 or so contests or a one in 3 hit ratio for the final. I claim the record! (for the lowest ratio) tongue.gif
or 1 in 14 making the top 10. I claim that record too! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 15th September 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #296
Group icon

You must not mention that name otherwise Haus and his deleting posts mentioning her in any way powers will enter the chat.

#downwithh00sandpowerabuse
#canceljosephtoowhileweareatit

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 15th September 2020, 06:03 PM
Post #297
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Well it wasn't the most graceful return to the final for me but I've always said that I would rather be last in the final every contest than DNQ so very happy with making it in! 10th in the semi though ohmy.gif Genuinely thought I was going to be the one tied at 46, although losing Rontvia would have been just as bad as losing Holland-Oats so not much I could have done differently with my semi-votes!

Massive congrats to Bhangra, I charted Die Young when it was first released but never thought any more of it, but listening to it now was a real re-discovery! I enjoyed it so much more than I remember enjoying it back when it was out. Great to see FARC second as well, another of my favourites. And of course great hosting (again) Leww!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 20th September 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #298
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

We just making up the numbers now huh with this 40-41-40 run? tongue.gif vocal trance always seems to at least make top 25 so that's a big disappointment.

The taste came through though with all my top 3 finishing in the top 7, that's certainly never happened before. Didn't care for the winning song (again) unfortunately but congrats to Bhangra clap.gif

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 16th May 2024, 05:07 PM