BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Best Song Contest In The World... Ever! Part VI, Britpop+
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post 14 hours ago
Post #1
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Hello everyone!

It's time for the next edition of the retro forum song contest and for the sixth edition we're going back to the mid 90s and the Britpop craze that swept the UK.

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that it is entitled 'BRITPOP+' and that's because I'm expanding the definition a little to include any type of act that you would have found on the typical indie/britpop compilations in the mid 90s... if you're not sure what I mean, look up the 'Shine' series of compilations and you'll get a sense. I would like everyone to try to stay as close to the Britpop/mid 90s indie sound as you can though - so whilst I would allow expanding to the more rocky sounds of Placebo or Garbage, I won't be accepting entries that were big in the indie/alt scene but more dance focused like Underworld, Chemical Brothers or Prodigy etc.

The entry you choose MUST have been released by a suitable act between the years 1994 and 1997. Any songs from outside of that period won't be allowed, even if they became popular then (such as 'There She Goes') etc.

If you're stuck for ideas or not familiar with the Britpop movement then a good starting point for ideas is the Britpop+ playlist that was created as part of the 'Buzzjack Presents' series here: CLICK ME FOR IDEAS

As always, top 10 hits will not be allowed. And please do try to submit something you suspect may be a discovery for most people rather that slightly skirt the rules by sending a big #11 hit etc - the mods will look at the list and anything that doesn't feel within the spirit of the contest will be vetoed. Although we will try not to be super strict as we know that finding songs from before some of you were even born is not always easy!

Please submit your entries to me using the following gform: KINDLY CLICK HERE TO CONFIRM

You have a week to confirm, the deadline will be 23:59 on SATURDAY 18th MAY. The voting thread will then be up until the end of May with the results taking place over the weekend of 1st/2nd June.

Thank you in advance to anyone who enters and I hope you all manage to find something you love to send.

D*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 14 hours ago
Post #2
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

RESERVED FOR ENTRANTS

KING ROLLO
DANDY*