BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> S Club: Reunion Discussion
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post 18th December 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

Seein Double was my favourite S Club album and yeha the sound was definitely switched up from their previous work.

I would be here for a full S CLub 7 reunion.

I saw the S Club 7 reunion tour and it was great to hear all the hits and even quite a few album tracks were performed which was great.

I also saw S Club Party (Tina, Jo and Bradley) last year and I enjoyed that too.

The threepiece acutally put out a track Family a few years ago which is a nice ballad

WHAT THE f***??? I just found the S Club 3 wikipedia and apparently Jo left and was replaced by AMELIA LILY!!! WHAT THE HELL??? OMG

Amelia Lily is in S Club, my mind is blown haha

It is actually real, wow: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/tv/ame...ub-act-18958309

I would be down for seeing S Club with Amelia haha, it says some of her own hits will be performed too.

I don't know when they actually will perform with all this covid stuff going on though.

I met Amelia at Weston Super Mare Pride last year and she was lovely.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th December 2020, 06:07 PM
Post #22
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I'm here for it, esp if they were to (somehow) manage a Steps-esque glow up.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 25th July 2021, 10:07 AM
Post #23
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

I think the interest is there. Maybe not on a Steps level but if they had decent material I can see it working.

+Quote this post
Crown_The_Witch.
post 25th July 2021, 03:07 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I could see it working aswell and I'd love them to even give it a go, if they could comeback as strong as Steps did with tears on the dancefloor they could do well.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 25th July 2021, 06:52 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I don’t think it would work personally. They are firmly stuck in nostalgia and they were a bit too kiddified compared to steps with their TV show etc. I see S Club more like The Monkees.

It also doesn’t help they have dragged it within an inch of its life with S Club 3 etc, plus quite a few of the members look quite rough unlike Steps.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 25th July 2021, 06:56 PM
Post #26
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I don't see it being worth it for some of them to return. Rachel Stevens is still a celebrity and Hannah and Jon have successful enough careers in their fields.

They would need to be paid or have a decent chance of return to come back compared to the other 4.

Also, do they even get on? Hannah and Paul are exes for one thing. In their heyday, Jon was forced into the closet. Jo has the scandal hanging over her.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th July 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Hannah and Paul I'm not sure about these days but they're otherwise still friends, I've seen a load of them posting supportive comments on Jo's Instagram recently for example.

I can't see new music ever coming from all seven of them but I hope they'll tour again at some point!

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 25th July 2021, 09:25 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

We just need a new Rachel Stevens album x

+Quote this post
Crown_The_Witch.
post 25th July 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

There is prob more chance of a rachel album than s club.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 25th July 2021, 10:18 PM
Post #30
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

I’d be here for a Rachel album.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 25th July 2021, 11:44 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I do believe Rachel will revisit her music career in some form,

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 26th July 2021, 04:51 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(Prettylittlebry @ Jul 25 2021, 09:25 PM) *
We just need a new Rachel Stevens album x

Absolutely! That's the only thing I really care about to be honest. She did do a few performances at the end of last year, after years and years not doing anything music related, so I am quite curious what that will lead to.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 27th July 2021, 06:08 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

S Club 7 will probably never reform due to Simon Fuller pretty much owning everything about them and getting the majority of the money. By all accounts even for the reunion tour they were paid pennies rather than big dollars, so there's probably not much incentive for them to reform as they have to split it seven ways and still hand over a sizeable chunk to Fuller.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th July 2021, 10:10 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jul 26 2021, 05:51 AM) *
Absolutely! That's the only thing I really care about to be honest. She did do a few performances at the end of last year, after years and years not doing anything music related, so I am quite curious what that will lead to.

She did!? On what?? I'd love a new Rachel Stevens album, Come and get it is one of the most "should have been huge" albums ever!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 27th July 2021, 10:11 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Jul 27 2021, 07:08 AM) *
S Club 7 will probably never reform due to Simon Fuller pretty much owning everything about them and getting the majority of the money. By all accounts even for the reunion tour they were paid pennies rather than big dollars, so there's probably not much incentive for them to reform as they have to split it seven ways and still hand over a sizeable chunk to Fuller.

He learnt his lesson with the Spice Girls clearly... laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 27th July 2021, 04:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jul 27 2021, 10:10 AM) *
She did!? On what?? I'd love a new Rachel Stevens album, Come and get it is one of the most "should have been huge" albums ever!

Yes! Very surprisingly of course, but she hosted and performed a few songs at a Cabaret show in London (https://muumuse.com/2020/12/rachel-stevens-cabaret-performance-2020.html/, you can see a bit of background and videos here). Unfortunately no Come And Get It songs, which like you said, should have been huuuuge.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 28th July 2021, 12:42 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jul 27 2021, 05:56 PM) *
Yes! Very surprisingly of course, but she hosted and performed a few songs at a Cabaret show in London (https://muumuse.com/2020/12/rachel-stevens-cabaret-performance-2020.html/, you can see a bit of background and videos here). Unfortunately no Come And Get It songs, which like you said, should have been huuuuge.

Truly should have been, what is wrong with the British public!?!?

+Quote this post
bpdbryan
post 29th July 2021, 09:08 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,938

They don’t have their own section on here so thought I’d post in this thread… S Club Juniors have a 20th anniversary collection out for streaming. Finally the single mix of DTMYS is available!

From what I’ve seen on forums, it may be an unauthorised release though.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 8th January 2023, 01:42 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

They were one of the biggest pop phenomena of the 90s, winning the hearts of millions of young fans and notching up several number one hits.

And now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that band S Club 7 are reforming 25 years after they first found fame on a BBC television show – with a combined age of 300.

They were best known for their hits Bring It All Back, S Club Party, Reach and Never Had a Dream Come True.

All seven of the group have agreed to the comeback, which has been masterminded by music mogul Simon Fuller – the man who put them together in 1998 after the Spice Girls, his previous band, sacked him as their manager.

He called each of the seven stars – Rachel Stevens, 44, Tina Barrett, 46, Jon Lee, 40, Paul Cattermole, 45, Bradley McIntosh, 41, Jo O'Meara, 43, and Hannah Spearritt, 40 – in person to suggest the project and made it clear it would only work if all of them were to agree.

Their comeback is expected to be announced to huge fanfare in the coming weeks where they will reveal the details of the reunion.

They are planning a huge tour for the summer, though they are discussing whether this will have to be put back to Christmas due to O'Meara's back injury which has seen her undergo four operations to remove part of a slipped disc.

Friends say that she is currently struggling to walk but is hopeful of a full recovery.

One source close to the project said: 'Simon Fuller saw the value in this, S Club 7 had a huge following of all ages who he thinks will want to go and see them for nostalgia reasons.

'Their songs were so upbeat and fun, it is a massive commercial opportunity for them all, particularly Simon.'

S Club 7's comeback hasn't been without its difficulties – Fuller and the other band members spent months trying to track down Lee, who had ceased contact with all of them and was living a quiet life off grid, according to those close to him.

Fuller put S Club 7 together after he was fired by the Spice Girls for 'creative differences' following a rumoured relationship with band member Emma Bunton – which they both denied.

They made their name on BBC show Miami 7 and a year later, in 1999, their debut hit Bring It All Back went to number one. They went on o enjoy three more and cracked America with their hit Never Had A Dream Come True.

However, in 2002, Cattermole quit the band. A year later they decided to disband the group and Fuller launched a follow up project, S Club Juniors.

Source: Daily Mail

Tina yesterday on instagram teased that an 'announcement' of something is coming, which was liked by Jo. Rachel last year said she'd 100% be up for a reunion if it was all seven, Rachel is also performing at Mighty Hoopla this year making her comeback to performing.

Would you be here for another S Club 7 reunion?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th January 2023, 01:43 PM
Post #40
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I REALLY hope this is true, I loved the last reunion and would kill to see them again!! wub.gif

+Quote this post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 10th May 2024, 09:28 PM