BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
29 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC XII Results!, Results top page 23! Semifinal results pages 24-25
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
tombliboo
post 16th December 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #521
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,110

QUOTE(Pavel @ Dec 16 2008, 12:38 PM) *
laugh.gif I still can't remember who introduced this term to us (Trashlexmas i guess unsure.gif )

I still don't know when untouched was blink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 16th December 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #522
Group icon
salty foods parch the human
Pronouns: he/him
User: 4,631

QUOTE(brunoboi @ Dec 16 2008, 07:18 PM) *
I still don't know when untouched was blink.gif

BJSC VI. I think post-Bev is a much better term. It was quite obviously Beverley Knight winning that made the contest grow. kink.gif

I've just listened to my 7 entries and they're well good innit. smoke.gif (off-topic, but you gotta love a bit of big-headed-ness)

This post has been edited by Aaron™: 16th December 2008, 07:21 PM

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 16th December 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #523
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Aaron™ @ Dec 16 2008, 07:22 PM) *
BJSC VI. I think post-Bev is a much better term. It was quite obviously Beverley Knight winning that made the contest grow. kink.gif

I've just listened to my 7 entries and they're well good innit. smoke.gif (off-topic, but you gotta love a bit of big-headed-ness)

not as good as mine sleep.gif

I think Bev kicked off something special which peaked at Dame Maggie - It's down hill from now on laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #524
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Post-Untouched doesn't refer in any way to people liking or disliking Smack Me

it's because interest in the contest had been flagging after V and we were going to have a long break whilst Eurovision was on...which may well have made a lot of people forget about the contest altogether

but then I discovered this Untouched song and asked if we could bring the contest forward because I was desperate to send this song...which quickly reignited interest in the contest with many new countries joining up for XI, which led to stuff like The Green Room, Odds Threads, general heightening of discussion/interest etc..., much of which may not have happened if we had left it any longer...it was fate ohmy.gif

Pre-Untouched refers to 'the time when few people cared' whilst post Untouched refers to 'the time when everyone cared' heehee.gif

even I didn't have that much interest in the first three contests and if I'd flopped with Love Song I probably would have pulled out

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 16th December 2008, 07:29 PM
Post #525
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 16 2008, 07:27 PM) *

it's because interest in the contest had been flagging after V and we were going to have a long break whilst Eurovision was on...which may well have made a lot of people forget about the contest altogether

but then I discovered this Untouched song and asked if we could bring the contest forward because I was desperate to send this song...which quickly reignited interest in the contest with many new countries joining up for XI, which led to stuff like The Green Room, Odds Threads, general heightening of discussion/interest etc..., much of which may not have happened if we had left it any longer...it was fate ohmy.gif

oh I see - Ha! that means I've been around pre-Untouched yahoo.gif

Oh and we are of course forever greatful for your eagerness to prove how great you are happy.gif

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 16th December 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #526
Group icon

QUOTE(brunoboi @ Dec 16 2008, 07:24 PM) *
not as good as mine sleep.gif

I think Bev kicked off something special which peaked at Dame Maggie - It's down hill from now on laugh.gif

Nuh-uh, mine are all 12 worthy and well...you know how many points I've given you. sleep.gif

Agreed, at least until I can win again. Never gonna happen though, I try to hard to find a good song that'll qualify and I didn't try with Bev at all. If only I joined this sooner, it was easier to qualify back then.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 16th December 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #527
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 16 2008, 07:27 PM) *

Pre-Untouched refers to 'the time when few people cared' whilst post Untouched refers to 'the time when everyone cared' heehee.gif

even I didn't have that much interest in the first three contests and if I'd flopped with Love Song I probably would have pulled out

'Tis the gospel truth...we had even announced (I think...if we hadn't then we were on the verge of doing so) that contests would've been changed to happen only once every two months. Untouched/Rich saved us all! heehee.gif The worst thing was, if we announced that they were going to be bi-monthly, I don't actually remember anyone caring rotf.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #528
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(brunoboi @ Dec 16 2008, 07:30 PM) *
Oh and we are of course forever greatful for your eagerness to prove how great you are happy.gif

although Rontvia is seen as 'so June 2008' by some sources and is looking to remind people this month that we don't like to miss the final cry.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #529
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 16 2008, 07:33 PM) *
'Tis the gospel truth...we had even announced (I think...if we hadn't then we were on the verge of doing so) that contests would've been changed to happen only once every two months. Untouched/Rich saved us all! heehee.gif The worst thing was, if we announced that they were going to be bi-monthly, I don't actually remember anyone caring rotf.gif

absolutely...I wouldn't have cared particularly at that point had it gone bi-monthly...but people at that point thought that we were doing them too frequently and needed longer breaks between each one

nowadays, 6 weeks between contests seems like a lifetime ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 16th December 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #530
Group icon

Of course BJSC VI is the turn around contest in terms of Green Rooms, rivalries, discussion etc. but I don't really see it as the saviour contest. Most of the new countries were probably as a result of it being Eurovision time. I knew about this forum since it was made, but I didn't start here until Eurovision time this year as I was in the forum, so I paid attention to the sub-forum. I would assume Herzebania and Dalisska were similar as they both like Eurovision. I think Sangria and Dulpaen were the other new countries and one of them joined because I told him. laugh.gif Not sure how much moving it forward made tbh...

+Quote this post
tombliboo
post 16th December 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #531
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Aaron™ @ Dec 16 2008, 07:47 PM) *
Of course BJSC VI is the turn around contest in terms of Green Rooms, rivalries, discussion etc. but I don't really see it as the saviour contest. Most of the new countries were probably as a result of it being Eurovision time. I knew about this forum since it was made, but I didn't start here until Eurovision time this year as I was in the forum, so I paid attention to the sub-forum. I would assume Herzebania and Dalisska were similar as they both like Eurovision. I think Sangria and Dulpaen were the other new countries and one of them joined because I told him. laugh.gif Not sure how much moving it forward made tbh...

shh! (Rich is still clinging to his saviour status after failing to qualify for 2 of the last 3 contests laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by brunoboi: 16th December 2008, 07:50 PM

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 16th December 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #532
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 16 2008, 07:35 PM) *
although Rontvia is seen as 'so June 2008' by some sources and is looking to remind people this month that we don't like to miss the final cry.gif

Only by Emilia, and she ended up sixth anyway kink.gif I'm shocked at how close my prediction for her participation in MF turned out to be rotf.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #533
Group icon
Hello?

I'm not pretending to be the saviour of the contest...I'm just saying that a lot of things slotted into place because of Smack Me tongue.gif I'm sure stuff like odds threads/green rooms etc... would have come later, but there may not have been enough people left in the contest to care judging by how quickly people were losing interest by BJSCV

I'm disappointed that of the two contests I hosted, V wasn't seen as much of a classic and VIII was seen as forgettable cry.gif I'd love to host a contest with 45 countries but I can't see it happening any time soon

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #534
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 16 2008, 07:55 PM) *
Only by Emilia, and she ended up sixth anyway kink.gif I'm shocked at how close my prediction for her participation in MF turned out to be rotf.gif

Emilia of Big Big World fame is much better than De Poret anyway tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 16th December 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #535
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 16 2008, 07:57 PM) *
I'm not pretending to be the saviour of the contest...I'm just saying that a lot of things slotted into place because of Smack Me tongue.gif I'm sure stuff like odds threads/green rooms etc... would have come later, but there may not have been enough people left in the contest to care judging by how quickly people were losing interest by BJSCV

I'm disappointed that of the two contests I hosted, V wasn't seen as much of a classic and VIII was seen as forgettable cry.gif I'd love to host a contest with 45 countries but I can't see it happening any time soon

Look for an artist the same way you found Pixie tongue.gif

BTW, I've found an AMAZING duo - Lili & Susie. Far too dated to be entered into the BJSC, but I thought you might enjoy kink.gif

http://www.last.fm/music/Lili%2B%2526%2BSusie

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #536
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 16 2008, 08:04 PM) *
Look for an artist the same way you found Pixie tongue.gif

BTW, I've found an AMAZING duo - Lili & Susie. Far too dated to be entered into the BJSC, but I thought you might enjoy kink.gif

http://www.last.fm/music/Lili%2B%2526%2BSusie

try Bhangra with that duo heehee.gif

Pixie didn't win cry.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 16th December 2008, 08:17 PM
Post #537
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Yes, but she came damn close ohmy.gif

Have you considered sending Hadise? Stir Me Up seems pretty BJ-friendly...

+Quote this post
AaronTM
post 16th December 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #538
Group icon

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Dec 16 2008, 07:57 PM) *

I thought there was an odds thread for V? I seem to remember someone saying t.A.T.u. were low on the odds once... unsure.gif I can't remember who, but wasn't it Peter or Sabrewulf who suggested a Green Room? Could be the new blood having good ideas. kink.gif I guess I can't speak for the situation before VI but I would have joined whether VI was before or after Eurovision.

I may have hosted one of the more memorable contests, in terms of entries, but I'm probably equally disapppointed at hosting VII than you are at either of yours. It's not as fun when the winner is so obvious. I'd have loved to host something like X.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #539
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Trashlexmas @ Dec 16 2008, 08:18 PM) *
Yes, but she came damn close ohmy.gif

Have you considered sending Hadise? Stir Me Up seems pretty BJ-friendly...

no, I haven't considered that tongue.gif

Pixie was maybe too much of a grower to win...this contest takes something instant I think

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 16th December 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #540
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Aaron™ @ Dec 16 2008, 08:19 PM) *
I thought there was an odds thread for V? I seem to remember someone saying t.A.T.u. were low on the odds once... unsure.gif I can't remember who, but wasn't it Peter or Sabrewulf who suggested a Green Room? Could be the new blood having good ideas. kink.gif I guess I can't speak for the situation before VI but I would have joined whether VI was before or after Eurovision.

I may have hosted one of the more memorable contests, in terms of entries, but I'm probably equally disapppointed at hosting VII than you are at either of yours. It's not as fun when the winner is so obvious. I'd have loved to host something like X.

you're right actually...there was odds for V...

but Green Room definitely kick started the discussion and I'm 90% sure that it was Sabrewulf or maybe Alexxx who started it...can't remember off hand though

X would have been fun to host, definitely, so wide open, I certainly didn't see a Brandy win on the cards...it's the only winner I haven't predicted correctly in the past 6 contests ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

29 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th May 2024, 10:55 AM