BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Sport Relief Single?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
RobBot
post 3rd January 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I've seen it rumoured in many places that Little Mix are 'covering a 90s dance classic' for Sports Relief - which seems very feasible given girlbands doing it in the past.

Do you think this is a good idea? What could it be?

I'm sort of torn in two minds about this; I don't like the idea because 'Salute' has really carved out an image for Little Mix, they've become quite credible and have shown a fair amount of artistry with Move, Boy and their change in direction. So, in a sense doing a cheap cover does seem like a bit of a step back. But then, in terms of profile - I think this sort of thing helps, often acts as an easy opportunity to get another top 5 track and keeps them in the public eye (especially if Little Me isn't going to reach top 10).

Not sure what I'd like to see them cover in the 90s dance classic bracket either, obviously Bastille have just done Rhythm Of The Night and Rhythm Is A Dancer - so I hope they steer well clear of those. 'What Is Love' by Haddaway might be interesting - I'm really not sure.

This post has been edited by G R I F F: 3rd January 2014, 07:00 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd January 2014, 01:10 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm for brand new Little Mix music more than anything, but I do hope it's not too cheap and cheesy... I think them doing 90s dance could be brilliant though depending on what it is, it's just as you said they've built up a strong image throughout the Salute era and they're certainly seem as a lot cooler than other girlbands recently have been so I hope they don't compromise that. A 90s dance cover isn't a bad thought though, I think they can easily make it their own so I don't think it'll end up being too bad. It could be anything, but I could easily imagine them covering Show Me Love, What Is Love or Free.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd January 2014, 01:53 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

As long as it's not any of: 'Show Me Love', 'Rhythm Is A Dancer', 'Toca's Miracle', then I think I'll be happy. But it depends on what they deem as "dance". (We know how Syco can act about these things laugh.gif). For some reason I'm all for this. But I really hope it's not going to be the 'One Way Or Another'/'Best Song Ever' scenario. The amount of potential hits 'Salute' has on it, is INSANE and I really don't want them to move on so quickly sad.gif

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 3rd January 2014, 07:02 AM
Post #4

Well, Of The Night was great so I'm trusting this will be amazing. I have a strong feeling they'll do Show Me Love for some reason.

This post has been edited by G R I F F: 3rd January 2014, 07:02 AM

+Quote this post
Calum
post 3rd January 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 3 2014, 01:53 AM) *
As long as it's not any of: 'Show Me Love', 'Rhythm Is A Dancer', 'Toca's Miracle', then I think I'll be happy. But it depends on what they deem as "dance". (We know how Syco can act about these things laugh.gif). For some reason I'm all for this. But I really hope it's not going to be the 'One Way Or Another'/'Best Song Ever' scenario. The amount of potential hits 'Salute' has on it, is INSANE and I really don't want them to move on so quickly sad.gif

If they moved on from 'Salute' so quickly that would be fantastic. Gives them more time to write more 'DNA'-esque tracks.

+Quote this post
JONES
post 3rd January 2014, 12:49 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,355

i personally would prefer it is they waited until 2015 and did a comic relief song instead of sport relief. it is much more credible and higher profile. it also allows them to build up their profile and focus on releasing songs from salute...

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 3rd January 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ Jan 3 2014, 11:38 AM) *
If they moved on from 'Salute' so quickly that would be fantastic. Gives them more time to write more 'DNA'-esque tracks.

Salute is 100x better than the basic sounding DNA.

+Quote this post
Electro Paradise
post 3rd January 2014, 05:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 11,104

QUOTE(JONES @ Jan 3 2014, 12:49 PM) *
i personally would prefer it is they waited until 2015 and did a comic relief song instead of sport relief. it is much more credible and higher profile. it also allows them to build up their profile and focus on releasing songs from salute...

I agree, I would like them to have a really long campaign for Salute and release a comic relief song next year, or even a Children In Need song at the end of this year. Sports Relief I believe is the weakest of the three. I am looking forwards to hearing what they come out with but I'm not really for Little Mix doing covers of old dance tracks when they have a perfect pop album ready for the world to love.

+Quote this post
colinn
post 4th January 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,033

QUOTE(Electro Paradise @ Jan 3 2014, 05:43 PM) *
I agree, I would like them to have a really long campaign for Salute and release a comic relief song next year, or even a Children In Need song at the end of this year. Sports Relief I believe is the weakest of the three. I am looking forwards to hearing what they come out with but I'm not really for Little Mix doing covers of old dance tracks when they have a perfect pop album ready for the world to love.

Not being funny but you shouldn't open a Sales thread if you're going to ignore people who give you updated sales.

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 4th January 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(colinn @ Jan 4 2014, 12:06 AM) *
Not being funny but you shouldn't open a Sales thread if you're going to ignore people who give you updated sales.

01 This isn't the right place to talk about sales.
02 That isn't the right manner to ask someone to update their post about sales! Myself or another mod could easily do it. And it's not really that important anyway. So the right thing to do is to ask in the actual thread next time in a manner that is polite and constructive. Thanks.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 4th January 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #11
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I am slightly apprehensive of this idea. Rarely does a charity single ever sound anything other than cheap and tacky (see: Girls Aloud v Sugababes, The Saturdays, One Direction.) Anything that takes attention away from Salute is a bad idea because it could genuinely be the making of them if handled properly.

+Quote this post
Ross.
post 4th January 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,394

Why are people keen for them to Move wink.gif Pun ha sorry .. from salute so quickly??

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 4th January 2014, 10:00 PM
Post #13

Well what most of us are hoping is that if they do the Sport Relief single, they'll release more songs from Salute afterwards happy.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 5th January 2014, 08:46 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

I wouldn't mind, I'd love to know what they had up their sleeve, just as long as Salute is released as a single.

+Quote this post
colinn
post 5th January 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(G R I F F @ Jan 4 2014, 07:39 AM) *
01 This isn't the right place to talk about sales.
02 That isn't the right manner to ask someone to update their post about sales! Myself or another mod could easily do it. And it's not really that important anyway. So the right thing to do is to ask in the actual thread next time in a manner that is polite and constructive. Thanks.

1. Sorry for being O/T but Electro Paradise had posted in here... yet ignored my information in the 'Sales thread' hence why I said it here.
2. I had already informed him politely in the 'Sales thread'. That is why I'm annoyed.

+Quote this post
G R I F F
post 5th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #16

That's why you PM the person or the mods instead of spreading the matter across the boards in a passive-aggressive manner.

This post has been edited by G R I F F: 5th January 2014, 05:10 PM

+Quote this post
colinn
post 5th January 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(G R I F F @ Jan 5 2014, 05:09 PM) *
That's why you PM the person or the mods instead of spreading the matter across the boards in a passive-aggressive manner.

I apologise to both of you then. I shouldn't have been so rude - I honestly thought I had been ignored on purpose but that wasn't the case.

+Quote this post
With the Bands
post 7th January 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,377

I have a feeling that this cover is going to be cheesy sad.gif

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 12th January 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

Little Mix ‏@LittleMixOffic 6h

#GiddyWithLittleMixExcitement - exciting things are occuring next week. STAY TUNED. Mixers HQ x

Any relation? Would make sense given that the Bake Off Sport Relief special starts next week.

+Quote this post
JONES
post 12th January 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 20,355

QUOTE(Defaze @ Jan 12 2014, 10:47 PM) *
Any relation? Would make sense given that the Bake Off Sport Relief special starts next week.

that's what I assumed.. they also tweeted before Christmas that the girls had been recording something very exciting...coincidence??

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th May 2024, 07:54 AM