BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SPOILERS | RPDR | All Stars | Season 9
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Envoirment
post 9th July 2023, 04:34 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 8 2023, 10:11 AM) *
Final cast seems to be 8, which makes sense for non elim:

Angeria Paris Van Micheals
Gottmik
Jorgeous
Kameron Michaels
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Roxxxy Andrews
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

The fan wish list casts predictably turned out to be wrong, not sure about this bunch with non elim… plastique and Kameron having a yawn off… I am so excited for Gottmik though, I think she will DOMINATE as she can do pretty much everything (except lipsync lmfao bur even Jimbo could win one in AS8!), also there is speculated to be more design challenges this year due to the writers strike impacting filming so I wouldn’t count Roxxxy out.

Part of me is really happy with the cast, the other is not. I can see Nina West thriving and cannot wait to see her back! My favourite queen from season 11. wub.gif

Kameron and Roxxxy will be very good as well. I think Roxxxy will get a big rudemption from AS2.

The rest of the cast I don't really care about. Probably the weakest cast of an All Stars series overall and they decide to do a non-elimination season for? laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 14th July 2023, 05:35 AM
Post #22
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Rumours now that Kameron is OUT and Shannel and Janey Jacke from Holland/UK vs the World are IN, bringing the cast up to 9

+Quote this post
152chris
post 14th July 2023, 10:18 AM
Post #23
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

was shocked shannel wasn’t in tbh, the lip sync assassin casting was obv pre-allstars promo

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 14th July 2023, 10:51 AM
Post #24
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

No surprise, I didn’t even think Kameron was still properly doing drag to be competing in this.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 14th July 2023, 11:11 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Just swapping Janey and Shannel in makes that cast so much better, especially as Kameron is one of the most boring queens possible and Janey is great TV, plus it’s great to have a Logo era queen like Shannel in the mix as someone different and she really shone on her AS8 walkthrough slot.

QUOTE(RobBot @ Jul 14 2023, 11:51 AM) *
No surprise, I didn’t even think Kameron was still properly doing drag to be competing in this.

I think she just had a break, but I did wonder because she never posted anything, was visible etc, plus the whole kicking off at Boom Clap as her LSA song laugh.gif I know that’s not the worst terms a queen has been on with the show, but that wasn’t that long ago and I really didn’t see how she would come back now.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 15th July 2023, 01:18 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Shannel *_* A non elimination format would be so amazing for her. Excited for Janey as well!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 25th July 2023, 09:31 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Barring Jorgeous would be a stacked season

+Quote this post
152chris
post 25th July 2023, 02:55 PM
Post #28
Group icon
down with jakewild

janey is out, right?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th July 2023, 04:00 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yep apparently she’s filming like Dutch Traitors or sth not this D:

+Quote this post
152chris
post 25th July 2023, 04:55 PM
Post #30
Group icon
down with jakewild

i rly hope literally all the T is wrong lol 😩

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 26th July 2023, 02:45 AM
Post #31
Group icon

The worst thing of a cast like that is there's obvious glow up queens (Roxxy, Shannel) with a ready made storyline and yet you can just bet your bottom dollar the season's main characters that are thrown favoritism, wins, and challenges that suit them perfectly and no other will be Gottmik, Vanjie and Jorgeous.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th July 2023, 03:34 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

They don’t need to push Gottmik, she’s the one on this cast who can do it ALL (other than lipsync lmfao, but even Jimbo won a lipsync now) pretty much, her and Angeria. I feel with Angeria she’ll be a Jack of all trades master of none as there will be Nina smashing comedy, Roxxxy/Mik/Plastique smashing looks challenges, and idk if she’ll beat them, but we’ll see.

And there’s amount of pushing to make jorgeous get more than one pity win lmao, I think they will do though and like AS7 as it’s non elim there will probably be storyline type wins (like when Trinity won the roast after bombing twice, Viv winning girl groups when she had her only bottom 2 in UK1 for that challenge) that are questionable and so the wins are shared out?

But all speculative, I can see this being a pretty balanced cast really there’s nobody who stands out as an obvious winner but I can definitely see Gottmik snatching lots of wins with top 2 format.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 26th July 2023, 04:57 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

I just don’t think this cast is worthy of a non elimination format.

They are all good/great even but the only queens that I’d want to see in this way would be winners or truly robbed queens.

I’m most looking forward to Vanjie and Shannel

The thought of seeing Jorgeous for a full season again though is not it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 12th August 2023, 01:18 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

There's now a bunch of tea about how the season goes. Honestly if it's true, I'm looking forward to it!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th August 2023, 11:19 AM
Post #35
Group icon

Ooft the tea for this season is juicy!

We'll use this thread but if we can use the spoiler tag please

E.g. that this season looks to feature a Gottflop

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th August 2023, 02:17 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I think it’s to do with the format seems like there are blocks and the queen is blocked from lipsyncing not winning, so even if they do the best they can’t be top 2 and someone else will, so gottmik gets an early win which is SG and then is blocked from other challenges so technically does well but doesn’t get some wins due to the twist, apparently this is the case for other queens too.

That sounds fun/chaotic, could be very strategic and more interesting than the AS7 blocks, especially if the queens know the challenge they’re blocking for.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th August 2023, 06:10 PM
Post #37
Group icon

That's probably win-win for Gottmik tbh bc she's already rich so doesn't need the prize of winning, plus if she's looking to be robbed while performing well will probably regain ground in the fandom after falling off to an extent after some controversies recently and generally being cringe with Violet

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th April 2024, 12:43 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Various bits if tea now we are getting closer:

- The judging and format will be like AS7, all positive critiques, with a top 2 who get wins, who lipsync to block someone, and a high placement. The queen who is blocked can still win next week but doesn’t receive any points/badges/stars whatever they do for it (this happens to Plastique twice and “robs” her of top 4). Apparently when it’s a particularly bad performance they will do a Jaida’s Snatch Game and just go “well it wasn’t the best but you tried” laugh.gif

- The season is charity focused, no prize money but the queens got a 25k stipend for outfits

- Top 3 is Vanjie, Angeria and Roxxxy, supposedly Vanjie has 3 wins (as in top 2), Angeria and Roxxxy have 4. Nina is top 4 but cut. The final is a talent show like AS8.

- Angeria wins the Lalaparuza and Roxxxy wins a comedy/acting challenge.

- Gottmik has at least 2 wins including Snatch Game, but apparently gets successfully blocked for at least one win.

- Everyone wins at least one lipsync throughout the season

- Anitta, Alexa Demie, Janelle James and possibly Dua Lipa are guest judges, the latter may just be a video message appearance type thing

- Challenges include girl groups, Snatch Game, a popstar paired makeover, a commercial challenge in which the queens portray celebrities (like a second Snatch Game, which I’m not sure this cast needs at all), and a Lalaparuza.

Some tea on wins:
Snatch Game: Nina and Gottmik
Design (premiere): Jorgeous and Plastique
Roast: Nina and Shannel
Makeover: Vanjie and Roxxxy

+Quote this post
152chris
post 21st April 2024, 02:38 PM
Post #39
Group icon
down with jakewild

hopefully it’s just a one-off format wise.
they need to do the golden beaver concept for all stars, but keep it all season long. would be SO good

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st April 2024, 10:31 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I’m thinking maybe because GAS was right after, they didn’t want to go all out and this was kind of a stopgap so we still got a normal All Stars?

Also I know the likes of Shannel, Plastique and Gottmik have been asked a few times to do AS and maybe making it non-elim and more of a showcase charity thing, they maybe were inclined to say yes and have now done it.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 16th May 2024, 02:37 AM