BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Green Room [2011], Düsseldorf, Germany!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JamesP
post 30th June 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

The Eurovision Song Contest team of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) was kindly invited to Hamburg, Germany, to hold its first briefing meeting at next year's Host Broadcaster, NDR. With the broadcaster's headquarters located in Hamburg, it was an obvious location for the first briefing. A decision about the Host City of the 2011 contest has not been taken yet, and is only expected to be made at the end of this summer, but the dates for next year's contest are now set!

A key decision taken was to move the 56th Eurovision Song Contest to mid-May. The Semi-Finals are now set to take place on the 10th and 12th of May, the Final on Saturday the 14th of May, 2011. The decision was taken to avoid collision with major televised sports events taking place in late May.

During the traditional first briefing meeting of the new Host Broadcaster, the EBU team gives a first insight in the organisational details of the Eurovision Song Contest. With less than a year on the countdown clock, this gives the Host Broadcaster the opportunity to start the first preparations for next year's contest early.

NDR has already setup a team of experts to kick off the preparations for hosting the 56th running of Europe's favourite TV-show. For the months ahead, NDR is set to take decisions on the Host City and the venue where the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest shall take place. Since Germany has many large cities that meet the minimum requirements to host the Eurovision Song Contest, several cities have been asked to submit proposals in the weeks to come. The decision on the Host City is likely to be announced in September.

NDR also confirmed that 2010 Eurovision Song Contest winner Lena will once again represent Germany next year, to defend her title. Details about the song selection will be announced in due time.

Only Lys Assia, the winner of the first Eurovision Song Contest in 1956, came back the year after to defend her title. Other former winners, such as Johnny Logan, Carola, Charlotte Perelli and Niamh Kavanagh, waited for several years to return after a victory. Only Johnny Logan won the Eurovision Song Contest more than once; twice as an artist, once as song writer.
Source: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=18903

Interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first meeting between the EBU and the next year's host broadcaster, NDR, was held in Hamburg. The host city has not been decided yet but the dates for the 56th edition of Europe's favorite TV show are now set: 10th, 12th and 14th of May 2011.

Although the preliminary dates for Eurovision Song Contest 2011 were set to 17th 19th and 21st of May 2011, they were changed due to the final of the German Soccer Cup that will be held on May 21st, and the UEFA Champions League Final that will be held on May 28th.

A team of experts by NDR was formed in order to start with the preperations for next year's Eurovision Song Contest. In the upcoming months, NDR will decide which city and venue will host the contest, and the answer will be out probably around September. Several cities have been asked to submit their bids as Germany has many large cities that meet the minimum requirements to host the show.

NDR also confirmed that Lena Meyer-Landrut, the girl who brought the contest back to Germany, will represent her country once again on her homeland, in 2011. More details about the national final and the way of selecting the song will be announced in time.

[New thread - first info from ESC Today;
Lena definitely back then! ohmy.gif They have a year to come up with loads of amazing songs for her for Germany to pick from!

I've just found out that I have a place on a course starting in Wales in September which is w00t.gif for me, but nocheer.gif for my chances of going to Eurovision next year. I have a feeling that the dates clash with exams and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford it laugh.gif On the bright side, I've been sorting out my student accomodation today and I'll be living with two Brits (a girl and a boy) and two German boys - maybe they are fellow Lena fans/have somewhere I can stay kink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 30th June 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,716

Now I know what weekend I need to hold on free for ESC biggrin.gif

I hope the host city will be Hamburg, easiest way for me wub.gif

EDIT: I pinned this topic btw smile.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 30th June 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Lena w00t.gif

Dunno what to make of these new dates. We get it earlier, but they may have a bigger chance of clashing with my exams sad.gif If I can get plane & contest tickets though, nothing can really stop me getting to Germany as we don't know how many years it will be before the contest is in such an easy to get to country.

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 30th June 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I'm glad I live so close to some countries

Ferry to Denmark, Sweden, Germany, not far from Finland. UK, Belgium and Netherlands is just a short flight from my town.

I must say I've been lucky with the victories the last two years laugh.gif

As last year, I'm 99% sure I will go if I can, money won't stop me this time either (And tbh nothing gets anymore expensive then what Norway is sad.gif )

+Quote this post
David
post 30th June 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

I seriously hope it's in Berlin...my friend knows someone who we can stay with there, so it'd be ideal! I plan on booking flights and everything before my exam timetable (final year uni eeeek) comes out, so shall just be praying that they don't clash! Tbf we'd probably fly out on the Friday night anyway, or even Saturday morning, so it might not make too much difference. Gahhh can't wait!!!

Lena representing Germany again will be interesting too, although I fully expect her to finish in the bottom half unfortunately.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 30th June 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

I always wanted to visit Berlin, wanted to go there for a long time, so it would be awesome wub.gif But I will be happy with any city. The dates are good for me, I like to go away at the start of the month smile.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 30th June 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

New thread - first info from ESC Today;

The first meeting between the EBU and the next year's host broadcaster, NDR, was held in Hamburg. The host city has not been decided yet but the dates for the 56th edition of Europe's favorite TV show are now set: 10th, 12th and 14th of May 2011.

Although the preliminary dates for Eurovision Song Contest 2011 were set to 17th 19th and 21st of May 2011, they were changed due to the final of the German Soccer Cup that will be held on May 21st, and the UEFA Champions League Final that will be held on May 28th.

A team of experts by NDR was formed in order to start with the preperations for next year's Eurovision Song Contest. In the upcoming months, NDR will decide which city and venue will host the contest, and the answer will be out probably around September. Several cities have been asked to submit their bids as Germany has many large cities that meet the minimum requirements to host the show.

NDR also confirmed that Lena Meyer-Landrut, the girl who brought the contest back to Germany, will represent her country once again on her homeland, in 2011. More details about the national final and the way of selecting the song will be announced in time.

Lena definitely back then! ohmy.gif They have a year to come up with loads of amazing songs for her for Germany to pick from!

I've just found out that I have a place on a course starting in Wales in September which is w00t.gif for me, but nocheer.gif for my chances of going to Eurovision next year. I have a feeling that the dates clash with exams and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford it laugh.gif On the bright side, I've been sorting out my student accomodation today and I'll be living with two Brits (a girl and a boy) and two German boys - maybe they are fellow Lena fans/have somewhere I can stay kink.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 30th June 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

Yay for the new green room cheer.gif

But this story is old news already, Rich kink.gif
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113878

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 30th June 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?

Oh drama.gif I hadn't noticed because Jerick had pinned it (and I never look there laugh.gif), oh well, it serves as a nice opening info post anyway!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 30th June 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Hello?

I'll be doing a course between September and July, if I last the distance laugh.gif ESC clashes with either exams or one of the important theory weeks, and besides, I doubt I'd be able to afford to go now I've got to pay for moving to a different area/the course. But we shall see what happens.

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 30th June 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Rather Hamburg then Berlin, I've been to Berlin once and it was nothing special imo

I've heard Hamburg is just wub.gif

+Quote this post
JamesP
post 30th June 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,443

God Rich get with the times.

kink.gif

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 30th June 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

We need a 11' green room anyway tongue.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th July 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

I've even started learning German now. It's my tribute to every winning country, I decided.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 8th July 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

Lena will represent Germany again in Eurovision 2010 smile.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th July 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon

Bertie, this news is older than my grandmum kink.gif

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 8th July 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #17
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844

QUOTE(Bert for Lashes @ Jul 8 2010, 04:57 PM) *

Have I missed something or did she already represent them in 2010 kink.gif?

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 8th July 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #18
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

QUOTE(Bert for Lashes @ Jul 8 2010, 04:57 PM) *

There's going to be a second Eurovision THIS YEAR? ohmy.gif tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 8th July 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

I meant 2011. And SORRY if it's already been said, I just wanted to help.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 8th July 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #20
Group icon

No worries, ESC obsesso's are mean (yes i'm looking at you PAVEL dry.gif ) laugh.gif That is why this forum is usually deserted laugh.gif

+Quote this post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:21 PM