BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> MUSIC VIDEO RATE - RESULTS, Find out your #1 music video...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
April
post Apr 16 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #1
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905

This is it people! You voted a month or so ago, and now it's time to find out which is BUZZJACK'S FAVOURITE GAGA VIDEO!

The Contenders:
"Just Dance"
"Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
"Poker Face"
"Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
"LoveGame"
"Paparazzi"
"Bad Romance"
"Telephone"
"Alejandro"
"Born This Way"
"Judas"
"The Edge of Glory"
"You and I"
"Marry The Night"
"Applause"

THE ONE THAT MISSED OUT: "G.U.Y." cry.gif (Released after the rate took place)

Predictions? Who is going to win? Who will finish in the bottom three? Or are you #TeamDoWhatUWant? tongue.gif

Discuss!

RESULTS BEGIN TONIGHT.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 16 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
*.*

#teamAlejandrotoNOTbelast

Watching the videos back for this made me realise why i'm so in love. The 'Judas' video in particular shone more than i remember.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 16 2014, 05:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Paparazzi to win!

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 16 2014, 05:32 PM
Post #4
Group icon
#JusticeForDoWhatUWant

Leak in honour of this thread please.

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 16 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #5
Group icon
15. Beautiful Dirty Rich (5.45)

"Honey, but we got no money"

YouTube Views: 27.7m

One of Gaga's first videos crashing out FIRST! The fun-loving, care free Gaga who was just about to blow up like she could never imagine. Unsurprisingly last, it's not exactly known as being one of Gaga's iconic music videos. It was just a nice promo video to introduce the world to their newest FAME whore, but didn't really show the true artistry of Gaga. Something her other videos manage wonderfully. Well done Buzzjack, you chose correctly! biggrin.gif

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | Kayla, Garden Panty
09 | MaryJaneHolland, Calum, Kath

03 | Regina, Jonjo, NickF1, MikeSugaFan, Triangles, Jay, Pavel
02 | Leww, Jake

This post has been edited by Krusty April: Apr 16 2014, 05:48 PM

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 16 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Do What U Want to win!

Love how that guy had to do separate Kayla/Garden Panty/marcmonster/whoever else there is rates laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 16 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Paparazzi' to win, 'The Edge Of Glory' to be as low as possible.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 16 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #8
Group icon
QUOTE(Rabb‽t Heart @ Apr 16 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Love how that guy had to do separate Kayla/Garden Panty/marcmonster/whoever else there is rates laugh.gif

Haha <3

Let's hope he has good taste then ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 16 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#14 coming shortly, then results will continue throughout the rest of the week. Stay tuned! cheer.gif

QUOTE(Rabb‽t Heart @ Apr 16 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Do What U Want to win!

It's brilliant. Garden Panty/Kayla/marcmonster/Gaga Slayed You/Mary Jane Holland needs to return! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 16 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #10
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
no surprise there, easily her least creative video.

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 16 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
14. The Edge of Glory (5.53)

"Right on the limit's where we know we both belong tonight"

YouTube Views: 76.8m

Not quite on the Edge of Glory, in fact very far away from it. Gaga's most simple video crashes out in 14th place. SCREW YOU BUZZJACK! This is an absolute travesty. The simple video, focusing on Gaga and the lyrics were perfect for this song. However, naturally the lack of theatrics and style was bound to upset fans, who were expecting a massive show piece. Personally, I think it made a refreshing change, especially after the busy videos of "Born This Way" and "Judas". The uneventful video also has relatively uneventful views compared with Gaga's other views, although that might be explained by it's very late release. Gaga's costar for the video is the late and great Clarence Clemons. Regarding the meaning of the song, it was very fitting for it to be his final major 'gig'. RIP Clarence.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | April, R0B, Kath
09 | Griff, marcmonster, Garden Panty, Gaga Slayed You

00 | my_aly, Regina, NickF1
-1 | LexC

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Apr 16 2014, 09:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I really like TEOG video sad.gif The whole heaven/hell metaphor with the various windows works well but it is one of the only layers and considering practically all of the other ones are made up of so much more it's no wonder it finished so low here.

Proving again that setting the bar so high only leads to pitfalls when you make a tiny step into the ordinary.

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 17 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #13
Group icon
13. Alejandro (6.12)

"Stop...please...don't let me go!"

YouTube Views: 204.4m

Gaga's homoerotic, partly black and white, church upsetting (although tbf all her videos seem to upset the church) motion picture for "Alejandro" has crashed out in 13th place. Perhaps slightly surprising given half the video is filled with shirtless men doing really nasty things, I would've thought it would be slightly higher. Although, again, it's not one of her most iconic videos so perhaps not surprising it missed the top 10. Katy Perry hit out at Gaga for her use of religious symbolism in the video - yeah cause you're such a good little Christian girl yourself Katy (prancing around kissing girls or performing "Satanic rituals" at the Grammy Awards). laugh.gif Anyway, clearly the YouTube viewers disagreed as it reached over 200 million views, one of her most viewed. Perhaps accounted for by it being released at the height of her fame.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

11 | LexC
10 | MaryJaneHolland, Haus, 152Chris, Pavel

00 | Regina, Kath
-1 | Calum, Garden Panty

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 17 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #14
Group icon
12. You And I (6.17)

"This time I'm not leaving with out you!"

YouTube Views: 72.1m

I'm slightly surprised at this missing the top 10 of this countdown. The fourth video of the "Born This Way" era, which reportedly included large chunks of the original "The Edge of Glory" video which was scrapped due to creative disagreements. The intriguing video features Gaga's boo trying to mess with her DNA, and ends up turning her into a mermaid. Compared to her other videos, it got a luke warm reaction by YouTube viewers with just 72 million views. Personally, I think it's underrated, and should've been a bit higher. Plus she looks fantastic in some of the scenes, except that awful mint green hair she kept trying to force in this era.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | AprilJ, YUYI, Liam
09 | Tyler, Garden Panty, Robot

00 | Michael!, Kath
-1 | seantobewild

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 18 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #15
Group icon
11. Born This Way (6.21)

"You're black, white, beige, chola descent, you're Lebanese, you're orient!"

YouTube Views: 128.7m

Surely one of the most hyped up releases of ALL TIME? However, the song and video did not live up to the hype. The fall begun as soon as Madonna's fans were let out of their nursing homes as a special treat to hear Gaga's new single. But they were truly disappointed to discover it sounded remarkably similar to "Express Yourself". The bitter old former Queen of Pop then took it upon herself to show her jealousy by - performing a tribute to "Born This Way" on her tour! unsure.gif Her desperate attention seeking antics ended with her screaming "She's not me!" Well, I don't think anyone wants to be a 60 year old grandma prancing around in a leotard made for an 18 year old. Arguably, some underwhelming YouTube views, considering Gaga was at her peak of fame, and had some very interesting scenes. Giving birth? Surrounding by severed heads? Swinging around on weird skeleton? Well, I think it's best if we moved on to the top 10.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | Calum
09 | Kath, seantobewild

02 | Griff, Jonjo
-1 | Regina

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Apr 18 2014, 09:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I quite like the 'Yoü And I' video (in a way), no real disputes about anything so far except I wouldn't quite put 'Beautiful, Dirty, Rich' last when some of the other horrors that have passed since deserve it more.

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 19 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #17
Group icon
10. Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) (6.45)

"I wish you the best on your way..."

YouTube Views: 62m

Managing to just slip into your top 10 Gaga videos is "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say). The video is classic FameGa, from the colourful and cheesy outfits, to the appearance of her signature dogs. The video has racked up an impressive 62 million views, despite being the single on being released in select countries, and before she became hugely famous in others. Tbh, it's just a good solid pop song video, and there's nothing else I can say! tongue.gif

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | Leww
09 | Oricon, Garden Panty, Kath, MikaSugaFan

02 | JakeWild
03 | Liam, Pavel

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 19 2014, 02:23 PM
Post #18
Group icon
9. LoveGame (7.07)

"I wanna kiss you, but if I do then I might miss you babe."

YouTube Views: 104.8m

Two classic FameGa videos dropping out in a row! This one following the previous, and certainly brought some entertainment to those people's subway journeys! Once again, the signature dogs were out in force, and so was the weird scene where one minute she's kissing a man, then a woman, then a man, then a woman etc. Considering this was before her era of 'big videos' (which kicked off with "Paparazzi"), it's actually very strong. We didn't see many other female artists at the time with such good and challenging videos. But it's done well to reach #9, considering it was one of her earlier efforts and isn't really one of the iconic videos.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | LexC, marcmonster, Kayla, Garden Panty, Kath, Leww

02 | seantobewild
03 | JakeWild, Calum

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 20 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #19
Group icon
8. Just Dance (7.50)

"I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore!"

YouTube Views: 166.9m

Another classic FameGa, so classic it's her FIRST EVER VIDEO! We could tell from the outset that she was going to be a force to be reckoned with. The video, the catchy song, the styling was all a great introduction to the land of Gaga. Clearly "Just Dance" is still getting a lot of love, both from BuzzJack and beyond. DerpGa could never.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

10 | Oricon, marcmonster, MaryJaneHolland, Kayla, Garden Panty, Kath

03 | seantobewild
04 | JakeWild

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 21 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #20
Group icon
7. Applause (7.62)

"Is it right or is it wrong?"

YouTube Views: 156.8m

Gaga's most recent song to feature on the countdown (since the vote was before "G.U.Y." was released), ends up at a solid #7. When it first came out, it was criticised by some for its lack of storyline or short length by some people, however most were happy to have a good short and solid Gaga video for her comeback. The video features some iconic ARTPOP images, such as the infamous SwanGa and her garden panty appearance. It might not have been ground breaking, however it was a fun, modern and interesting video which complimented the song nicely.

HIGHEST/LOWEST SCORES:

11 | marcmonster, Garden Panty
10 | LexC, Oricon, Kayla, JakeWild, Kath

02 | Pavel
01 | Michael!

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:57 AM