BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Melodifestivalen 2014 - Deltävling Två, GIMME GIMME GIMME ALL THAT I'M DREAMING OF
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
RobBob
post Aug 10 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #1
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

Hej och välkommen till Super Melodifestivalen, där vi har nått deltävling två! 40 songs have qualified from the nominations round and last night, we saw our first TWO songs qualify DIREKT TIL FINALEN.

DELTAVLING ETT saw two of Melodifestivalen's most notorious names head straight through to the final. First of all it was fag-hag trio Alcazar mincing their way into the top 2 with their 2009 discotits anthem 'Stay The Night', complete with Tess's 'hooker on a street corner' get up. Then, in possibly the most heartbreaking Finalen or Bust, we saw Sanna take on... Sanna. And Sanna was victorious, albeit with the track that finally led her to victory on the Melodifestivalen stage (still bitter) earlier this year, 'Undo', leaving 'I'm In Love' to narrowly crash out by one point. This left 'Stormande Hav', 'My Heart Is Refusing Me' and 'Kalla Natter' to occupy the 3 andra chansen spots.

Here are the ten songs participating in DELTAVLING TVA.

1. Timoteij - Kom

While nobody really had a clue who these 4 girls were until they waltzed onto the Melodifestivalen stage in 2010, complete with accordions, their ethno-pop sound certainly left a mark on the contest, seeing them to 4th place in the final. They reached Andra Chansen in Super Melodifestivalen with Stormande Hav yesterday but can they go one better with Kom?

2. Janet Leon - Heartstrings

In a surprisingly 'retro' heat, Janet Leon brings us into 2013 with her "second rate Agnes" act. In one of the biggest "schlagerfiaskots" (am I right?) of recent times, Leon could only take the track to 5th in Deltavling 3, whilst 3 OAP's found their way to the final at her expense. She's got the last laugh here though. NO RAVAILLACZ HERE. Will she make it past to at least AC this time?

3. Salem Al Fakir - Keep On Walking

Giving us another dose of the tenties (is this a thing idk), it's Salem Al Fakir, runner-up to 'that blonde bint' in 2010. The track was something a little different for Melodifestivalen and certainly adds a touch of credibility to the final amongst the queens, Bengtzing, Paparizou, Clamp etc. Will it be enough to get him through though?

4. Sarah Dawn Finer - Moving On

A slice of Kempe finds it's way to the heat here, thanks to MF icon Lynda Woodruff, I mean, Sarah Dawn Finer. Looking like an extra from Aladdin, Moving On made it to the final in 2009 with the classy ballad, which later inspired credible musicians such as Shelley Smith to make that stage rise gimic WORK - can she progress from this heat or will she CRASH BOOM BANG?

5. Agnes - Love Love Love

Yet another 2009 track can be found here from one of Sweden's most successful exports, Agnes. Love Love Love, a big pop number, was the last time we saw the 'Release Me' star on the Melodifestivalen stage, but will she be able to beat her imposter in this heat?

6. Shirley Clamp - Min karlek

We fly way back to 2004 to reach the 2nd of the 4 Swedish language tracks in this heat. I do hope she sacked the stylist after this, but that's a complete different matter, this absolute BOP is the biggest success of Clamp's MF career, finishing 2nd behind Lena Philipsson. Her days may be somewhat numbered in Melodifestivalen these days but will this classic be able to keep her name burning alive for a few more stages?

7. Helena Paparizou - Survivor

After winning Eurovision for Greece way back in 2005 with stomper 'My Number One', Paparizou graced the Melodifestivalen stage in 2014 after years upon years of unfulfilled rumours from Aftonbladet that THIS YEAR WAS THE YEAR. But, Survivor was worth the waiting, and despite having to take a roundabout route to the final, Paparizou finished a respectable 4th. Direkt til finale with the Buzzjack crowd?

8. Linda Bengtzing - Jag ljugar sa bra

Sweden's favourite 'mad as a hatter' character Bengtzing has reached the Super Melodifestivalen with this 2006 track, which to my surprise, is her ONLY song in the top 40. E DET FEL PA MIG?!! sad.gif But, that upset aside, this fabulous singalong track has made it, can she carry her only track through to the finale or to Andra Chansen in that slinky black dress?

9. Sanna Nielsen - Hela varlden for mig

Wow, that white suit. As if having two tracks in Deltavling 1 wasn't enough, Ms. Nielsen finds herself here again (well, I guess she does have FIVE tracks in the Super Melodifestivalen top 40). It was her ballad, Undo, that reigned triumphant in the first heat, but this time it's her 2003 Swedish language glittery G:son number that faces the wrath of Buzzjack... can she get a second track to progress?

10. Lili och Susie - Show Me Heaven

Is this going to be 'If this doesn't make it then Tirren will probably delete the forum?' case of this heat? I feel like I've seen him praise this quite a lot, unsurprisingly, what could be more appealing than two aging hags punching their way through an absolute whopper of a disco track that you could only EVER find at Melodifestivalen? We'll find out if you agree, as the 2009 track which fell out of MF to Sarah Dawn Finer at Andra Chansen, faces Buzzjack.

Please PM your votes to me, ROBOT, by 23:59 on Sunday 17th August. Votes will be as follows:

1. Timoteij - Kom
2. Janet Leon - Heartstrings
3. Salem al Fakir - Keep On Walking
4. Sarah Dawn Finer - Moving On
5. Agnes - Love Love Love
6. Shirley Clamp - Min karlek
7. Helena Paparizou - Survivor
8. Linda Bengtzing - Jag ljugar sa bra
9. Sanna Nielsen - Hela varlden for mig
10. Lili & Susie - Show Me Heaven
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 10 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #2
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

First glance: this seems far less essential than heat 1. However I will be very much behind Salem al Fakir (crashing out in 7th) for this week. As well as discerning support for certain middle-aged belters.

+Quote Post
randomfurlong
post Aug 10 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #3
musing
Group: Members
Member No.: 13,969
   No Gallery Pics

OMG what a bitch of a heat! Only Janet Leon is instantly disposable, the rest is going to be a nightmare to order.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 10 2014, 03:34 PM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Rob the graphics and write up is just wub.gif

Another tough heat really!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 10 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #5
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

Don't really care about this heat much apart from the 2 ESSENTIAL tracks.

spelling errors all over the shop don't help either~

+Quote Post
LexC
post Aug 10 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #6
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Backing both of the Auburn (at least I think it's auburn - I don't have a colour chart handy) haired ladies in this heat.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 10 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #7
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

If Show Me Heaven comes TENTH then we WILL need to be having serious words, yes

And I dispute that Z-LIST HAG JANET being cited as one of the biggest schlagerfiaskots ever (that whole heat was though - Amanda! Eddie! Rolinski! oh I suppose Janet too. ALL SLAIN BY FIVE OLD MEN AND A 2002 MoR B-SIDE)

omg THIS HEAT THO!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 10 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #8
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

PREDIX

DTG: Agnes, Janet
AC: Helena, Timoteij, Linda
06: Shirley
07: SDF
08: Sanna
09: Lili & Susie
10: Salem

Linda, Shirley and Timoteij REALLY need to qualify in some form though sad.gif

(Lili & Susie too as one of the GREATEST SONGS OF ALL TIME but I'm resigned to its fate)

+Quote Post
randomfurlong
post Aug 10 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #9
musing
Member No.: 13,969
   No Gallery Pics

If Salem comes last I will boycott this whole competition. One of THE finest tracks ever to grace the MF stages.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 10 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #10

My predictions:

DTG Timoteij, Helena
AC Janet, Agnes, Sarah Dawn Finer
6th Linda
7th Lili & Susie
8th Shirley
9th Salem
10th Sanna

Sanna and Swedish seems to be an unwanted combination on this site. ( mad.gif ) I can see Bengtzing missing out too sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 10 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #11
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

god my top four was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to order and I think I'll cry if my ordering sees any of them accidentally going out

SHAKING 4 SHIRL

god I'm going to be so angry if Janet goes direkt over some of the stuff in here

+Quote Post
RobBob
post Aug 10 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #12
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 7,117

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Aug 10 2014, 04:46 PM) *
And I dispute that Z-LIST HAG JANET being cited as one of the biggest schlagerfiaskots ever (that whole heat was though - Amanda! Eddie! Rolinski! oh I suppose Janet too. ALL SLAIN BY FIVE OLD MEN AND A 2002 MoR B-SIDE)

Recent times not EVER.

---

I'd be surprised at Janet making it in any form over some of these but then I guess a lot of people voting may be swayed by the newer, more familiar stuff.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 10 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #13
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

OH

I'd still put the SCHLAGERCAUST OF SUNDSVALL, the death of the Wives, and The Girl out fifth ahead of it, but I suppose fourth can count as one of the biggest of recent times (even though the lack of schlager has curtailed them a little, compared with 2006 where you had one basically EVERY WEEK)

I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT THOUGH

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 10 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Keep On Walking finishing last would be a major travesty for the best song here. And looking at its competition that's a bold statement for me to make!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 10 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Idol

As for Lili & Sharon Watts...I will NEVER get over Sofia's tumbleweed-inducing Alla getting a place in the final over that.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 10 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #16
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 10 2014, 05:17 PM) *
As for Lili & Sharon Watts...I will NEVER get over Sofia's tumbleweed-inducing Alla getting a place in the final over that.

Bloody international juries overinterpreting the international bit of their titles.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Aug 11 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #17

I already hate my own competition. What a NIGHTMARE to vote in sad.gif

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Aug 11 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #18
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Aug 10 2014, 08:17 PM) *

Silence, slag ©

Alla is AMAZING

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 11 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(Conderella @ Aug 11 2014, 09:48 AM) *
Silence, slag ©

Alla is AMAZING

You bitch, you cow!

15,000 people surrounding me in Globen thought otherwise.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 11 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #20
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Aug 11 2014, 09:45 AM) *
I already hate my own competition. What a NIGHTMARE to vote in sad.gif

I'm already TERRIFIED of the INEVITABLE Hero vs Euphoria Sophie's Choice in heat four. I've had to do it once before and it ended in TEMPORARY NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 07:48 PM