BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spain · Eurovision Song Contest 2015, Edurne - Amanecer
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jan 9 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Spain
Edurne - Amanecer

ESC Xtra are reporting that Marta Sánchez could be officially announced as the Spanish representative this year on January 14th!

OGAE Spain reported that Marta Sánchez is the internally selected artist to represent Spain in the 60th Eurovision Song Contest. So far the national broadcaster RTVE did not confirm nor deny the reports, however Sánchez retweeted a tweet stating that she is the favourite to represent Spain in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.

The Spanish Eurovision fanclub stated that an official announcement is expected to take place on 14th January. Marta Sánchez, cited as the Queen of Spanish Pop will turn on 49, two weeks before the contest in May.

Seven years ago, she collaborated with Venezuelan singer Carlos Baute with the song Colgando En Tus Manos. The song became a huge hit in Spain and maintained its number one spot for twenty-nine consecutive weeks. Sánchez is expected to release a new album, featuring her greatest hits.

Last year, Spain achieved another top ten result in three years after that Ruth Lorenzo finished tenth with the song Dancing in the Rain.

ESC Xtra

Of course it is nearly impossible for Spain to beat the incredible entries from Pastora and Ruth in recent years but I hope that they provide another good song as they have been doing in the last few years - ESDM and Lucia were both great too! wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Jan 9 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #2
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

I've heard echoes that this would be a coup on the level of us getting KYLIE to represent us, which is promising.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 9 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

As it says in the article, Marta has retweeted tweets to do with Eurovision so surely she wouldn't be doing that if she wasn't at least up for doing it - and with you saying how successful she must be, surely the Spanish broadcaster wouldn't turn her down? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 13 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #4
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

http://escxtra.com/2015/01/representative-...unced-tomorrow/

After long rounds of speculation, RTVE has confirmed that the Spanish representative for Vienna will be announced in a press conference to be held tomorrow at 10:30 am. Just a few days ago there was some confusion arising from a poorly drafted column in the OGAE Spain that all but confirmed that Marta Sánchez would be representing Spain in Eurovision 2015, which the artist has now officially denied. This means that we are back to square one, but not too far away from knowing who will be following the steps of Ruth Lorenzo.
The press conference can be followed live here.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 13 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Edurne is heavily rumoured with a "dancefloor hit" composed by Tony Sanchez-Olsson with possible involvement of Thomas G:son as well (they worked together on Quedate Conmigo for example), but it all sounds a bit too good to be true! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
LexC
post Jan 13 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #6
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

Hoping for something in the vein of a Spanish 'Quero Ser Tua' but only slightly less ropey.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Jan 14 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Edurne has been confirmed as the Spanish representative for Vienna!

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=edur...ampaign=Twitter

It's always a time filled with rumours when the date approaches for the Spanish broadcaster TVE to announce the act that will represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest. And it was no exception this year: Some of the big names mentioned were Pablo Alborán, Marta Sánchez and... the actual candidate Edurne!
In a press conference that was held this morning at the TVE facilities in Madrid it was announced that Edurne will be Spain's performer at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, Austria.

The popular female artist has been chosen internally by Spanish Television with a song fully in Spanish called Amanecer which means "dawn". She described it herself as a high quality pop song. It will be presented to the audience in the forthcoming weeks.

Who is Edurne?
It all started exactly 10 years ago, when Edurne ended up as one of the finalists of the hugely popular talent show Operación Triunfo in 2005.

Edurne then embarked on a music career with Sony BMG Spain and released her successful self-titled first studio album in 2006 earning a gold record. 2007 saw the release of Edurne's second studio album Ilusión and a third one Première in 2008.

From 2007 to 2013 she played Sandy in the Spanish version of the musical Grease, releasing covers from the soundtrack like Sigo Enamorada de Ti (Hopelessly Devoted To You) and Tú serás para mí (You're The One That I Want),

2010 saw the release of Edurne's fourth studio album Nueva Piel, while joining the cast of ¡Más Que Baile!, (Strictly Come Dancing) where she took the second place in the final.

Edurne released her fifth studio album Climax on 24 September 2013, from where her latest single so far, Painkiller, was released:

In 2013, Edurne joined the cast of the third season of Tu Cara Me Suena (Your Face Sounds Familiar), a Spanish show where celebrities impersonate singers for charity, where she also was proclaimed the winner with 60% of the televotes with her Christina Aguilera impersonation in the song Hurt for the show's finale.

From June to December 2014, Edurne co-presented the comedy show Todo va bien, on Spanish TV Channel Cuatro.

Oh! And a little celebrity gossip... Edurne's partner is Manchester United's goalkeeper David De Gea.

Follow Edurne on instagram, facebook or twitter.

Do you like the Spanish choice? Tell us below!

VERY excited about this! That 'Painkiller' song is really good!

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Jan 14 2015, 10:32 AM
Post #8
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I was hoping for another big vox ballad, but if she brings something as good as Painkiller then that'll be fine too.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Jan 14 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #9
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

HRRRRRRRNK

It's a G:SON OCH BOSTROM CO-WRITE! *.*

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Jan 14 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

Vamos arriba arriba arriba arriba arriba arriba arriba *.*

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 28 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Spain's odds have plummeted today, now 3rd favourite with Betfair! Does someone have inside info that this is going to be amazing?

+Quote Post
LexC
post Feb 28 2015, 06:44 PM
Post #12
unofficially fabulous

Some famous names in Spain have heard it and claimed that it's "Euphoria-like" (with those writers, WHAT ARE THE ODDS!) over social media so I guess there's an element of buying into the hype with those odds. Plus I think so far this is the only confirmed big uptempo number so if things carry on in the way they're going Spain is going to stand out very well.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 28 2015, 06:45 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Well the music video looks very high budget at least!

+Quote Post
Tom Kay Cat 🐱
post Mar 1 2015, 11:09 AM
Post #14
McObama, McObama cable armour
Member No.: 6,946

http://www.rtve.es/television/20150226/esc...5/1105570.shtml

YAAAAAASSSSSS

Amor instante wub.gif Bit of a flat ending though...

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 1 2015, 11:17 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It's fabulous! If we have to compare it to a Loreen song I'd go for a cross between My Heart Is Refusing Me and Crying Out Your Name rather than the rumoured Euphoria. Still fab though!

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Mar 1 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #16
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

SENSATIONAL *.*

+Quote Post
LexC
post Mar 1 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #17
unofficially fabulous

fantástico!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Mar 1 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #18

Fantastic entry from Spain! Surely top 10 again for them.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 5 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #19
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

JESUS CHRIST *.* This is absolutely essential, by FAR my fave entry so far (playing catch up atm so just heard this!).

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 9 2015, 11:34 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Music video! http://www.rtve.es/television/eurovision/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 03:15 AM