BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Name, Anime film - broke records in Japan
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post Monday, 10:47 PM
Post #1
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I've talked about this film in the anime thread, but given that it's currently in cinemas in the UK, I thought I'd give it its own thread in the hope that some of you decide to check it out.

The basic story is about a girl who lives in rural Japan and yearns to live in the city, and a high school boy who lives in Tokyo, who discover that they switch places every day, although without giving anything away, there's much more to the story than that. It's a wonderfully, poignant film, which is really emotional, and has a few funny moments as well. It's broken box office records in Japan, staying at #1 in the box office for 2 months and is now in the top 5 highest grossing films of all time there, and it also broke records for the biggest one day gross for an anime film when it was released here last Thursday. If you have the opportunity to see it in the cinema over the next few weeks, then please do so, you won't regret it. I haven't felt so strongly about a film in a long time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2016 - 06:46 AM