BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The OA | Netflix
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cal
post Dec 17 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,964
   No Gallery Pics

Anybody else loving this? I only started it after I came home from some (stressful) Christmas shopping this afternoon and I'm already on episode 5 (out of 8) and I'm hooked. I usually lose interest in these shows after the first couple of episodes but this is really good. Some are comparing its 'weirdness' to Stranger Things, but I find this a bit more captivating.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraRedLight
post Dec 18 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #2
REPUTATION IS COMING. 10th NOVEMBER
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

This looks so good and I love the cast! Will definitely be watching this!

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Dec 18 2016, 12:56 AM
Post #3
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

The reviews are excellent for this. I am up to episode 2 so far. I am enjoying it, but not finding it that captivating just yet. I've seen most of the big reveals coming a mile off (well apart from the initial backstory). But I like the setting and the tidbits of characters I've seen so far. Hoping there is a huge twist/turn of events soon to get me thoroughly hooked.

I can totally see the comparison to Stranger Things, but I think they're both such different shows, it's unfair to compare them.

+Quote Post
Cal
post Dec 18 2016, 04:15 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 5,964
   No Gallery Pics

So I just finished it. The ending. I don't know how I feel. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Dec 19 2016, 08:46 PM
Post #5
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm on episode 6 and am enjoying it so far... I am not sure where it's going but I have a horrible suspicion.

+Quote Post
Lorderella
post Jan 12 2017, 10:52 AM
Post #6
broadcast the boom boom boom boom
Member No.: 4,397

That last scene with the movements. Intense as f***.

So incredible. The whole thing. Brit Marling is just the gift that keeps on giving.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 4 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #7
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Ok, I watched the first two episodes of this and was like wtf am I watching. I think it was a very slow start and I didn't know much about the story going into it other than it being about a missing girl who returned so I was very mystified by the afterlife aspect. HOWEVER, once it got going it was excellent and I was especially gripped by episodes 3-5, which were absolutely fantastic in the twist and the turns that they took and the story that they told.

It was really a fascinating series and definitely miles better than I initially thought it was going to be. I thought the ending was brilliant in a way of tying up one part of the storyline in that the story of The OA is now all told and the 5 characters all got together to perform the movements but it didn't tie up everything and there's a lot of potential for story that future series can use. I think other series might have concluded the first series by finding the others who are still kidnapped and so would be running out of story which is why the quality diminishes. This definitely feels like its going to be a natural progression though. Chapter One of the story has been told in the first series but there's still a wealth of plot to be used for further series.

(although I did say/think that about The Returned and the second series went nowhere)

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Mar 15 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #8
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I've slowly watched this over the past month and liked it enough but wouldn't say I LOVED it. The first episode was a bit confusing to get my head around, trying to work out who everyone was etc But once Hap and Homer were introduced I started to get into it. The ending of the last episode left me a bit confused too but I'm interested to see where it goes from here and stick with it through the start of season two..

(Dandy, you have to tell us what your horrible suspicion was and whether it ended up at all accurate, I'm intrigued)

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Mar 15 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #9
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

i forgot to ever psot here! i binged it in a couple of days, didnt leave a huge lasting impression but did enjoy it <3

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 15 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #10
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I couldn't get over the ending for this, it got so gripping midway through and then they leave us with THAT? I don't mind getting trolled occasionally by a TV show, but that was way too much.

I would definitely welcome a second series, clearly loads more to explore.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Mar 15 2017, 11:45 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2017 - 05:45 PM