BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros, MTV: May 16th
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post May 13 2017, 02:38 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Now I know none of you watch 'The Challenge' but I have been obsessed since this current season (Season 29) just ended.
I basically went back and watched some of the older seasons and they've been ridiculously good.
Basically it's Survivor meets Big Brother.

Basically they chuck anyone that has been on The Real World (or a few other MTV shows) onto a "Challenge" which they must compete against each-other either as individuals or as teams for a cash prize at the end.
This show has been on since 1998 and is about to go into it's 30th Season and is currently filming the 31st season (Season 29 just ended on TV this last week).

The kicker is, people that have competed in the past can continue to compete in future seasons, Some people have done more than 15 Challenges.
It's an interesting show. Like an uncensored Big Brother where they just throw booze down people's throats.

Best Bits from one of the more notable stars.

The show isn't without it's heartache. One popular contestant competed, was diagnosed with Cancer. Over came the cancer. Fell in and out of love. Competed with her Ex on a season where her cancer came back and she died prior to the season being aired.

The dynamics of the show are very interesting. This next season is basically taking Professional Athletes against former Winners of 'The Challenge'.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post May 13 2017, 02:57 AM
Post #2
Driving with my eyes closed
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I watch it!!! Overall I think the level of strategy is weak compared to Survivor and Big Brother but the challenges are soooo much better, very innovative and exciting rather than the same ones over and over again each season. And the house antics are amazing. Such an underrated reality series! I wish they didn't add Are You The One contestants to the mix but what can you do. Very excited for Champs vs. Pros!

Edit: Oh this past season was the first one you watched? ohmy.gif Glad you're catching up on the old ones! I can't even begin to list all of my favorites but Paula and Sarah come to mind. Ashley was my favorite from this past season, really didn't expect her to win!

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post May 13 2017, 03:06 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

omgggg someone else that watches The Challenge. The other forum I post at, they've all watched every season, so it's tough to get a real un-biased opinion of what I've seen.

I've watched (in reverse order) Rivals 3 (THAT ENDING), Battle of the Bloodlines, Cutthroat (my favorite season), Fresh Meat 2, The Ruins, The Duel 2, The Island and one of the Gauntlet seasons. Excited to see Veronica returning for 2 seasons (30, 31). It makes me feel like I have some connection to the earlier seasons.

The strategy is, yes, weak compared to Survivor/Big Brother.. but still exists (how any of these idiots can let Banana's last past week 1 is beyond me).

I've only season 2 Seasons with Sarah it in (Cutthroat, Rivals 3)* but she's awesome. No doubt she will never return, but if she did *.*
I'm a sucker for Camila and Cara-Maria. I would love to see Wes compete in a live season as well.

* if she was in any other season I listed, I probably forgot all about her.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: May 13 2017, 03:07 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 01:59 AM