BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 21 Savage & Metro Boomin - Savage Mode II, Narrated by Morgan Freeman
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Oct 3 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

21 Savage & Metro Boomin released their long-awaited sequel collaborative album yesterday after 2016's Savage Mode. This is Savage's first project since his troubles with ICE where the world found out that he was really born in England, a topic he discusses on 'My Dawg'. I listened to this before and my thoughts are that, despite a couple of filler tracks, this is a really strong album overall. Morgan Freeman's narration through-out the album is just as epic as you'd expect. If you only hear one thing from this album, make it the Snitches & Rats (Interlude) where Freeman's reading is hilarious.

The Drake collab (Mr. Right Now) is obviously going to be the big hit but other tracks worth checking out are Runnin, Rich N***s Shit, Many Men & Steppin On N****s.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bré
post Oct 11 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #2
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

'Mr. Right Now' is actually probably the worst song on this album for me lol (the instrumental is good but aside from that it's kind of disturbingly close to being another 'Mood Swings') but hey, I'm happy for the Drake stimulus package helping 21 get another top 40 hit as lead artist. Didn't deserve to outpeak 'a lot' though. Shame that 'Runnin' only just missed out on also making the top 40 as that's a much better song.

Plenty of other bangers elsewhere on this tracklist as well - 'Slidin', 'No Opp Left Behind', 'Many Men', 'Brand New Draco' *.* (50 Cent's 'Many Men' really having a resurgence of relevance this year with it also being sampled on Pop Smoke's album).

+Quote Post
Bré
post Oct 13 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #3
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

All 13 full songs (i.e. excluding the intro and the interlude) from this have charted on the Hot 100 this week with 'Runnin' and 'Mr. Right Now' both sneaking into the top 10 at #9 and #10 respectively, 21's first top 10 hits as lead artist after both 'Bank Account' and 'a lot' stalled at #12! (Of course 'rockstar' got to #1). Album comfortably hit #1 on the Billboard 200 too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th March 2021 - 01:17 PM