BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mori Calliope, Off With Their Heads 1/2/21, Your Mori out 4/4
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 💀
post Jan 28 2021, 10:53 AM
Post #1
welcome to the mountaintop
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

yooo

I'm making a thread for her music.

For the unaware, Mori Calliope is a musician/Vtuber, part of the Japanese Hololive Production of animated streamers, and while many in that collective are musically talented and do Japanese idol songs, her music has a lot more widespread international appeal than most. Which is because she's an English-speaking rapper who clearly takes some of her inspiration from Eminem and 00s pop rap and emo music, with a heavy focus on wordplay and feelings. Occasionally her lyrics make reference to her persona as a Grim Reaper's apprentice on hiatus from doing the actual reaping stuff.

Her debut EP, Dead Beats, released in September last year briefly got to #1 on WW iTunes. A later release, Cursed Night, in October, also showed up in a few charts here and there.

Dead Beats

1. Reaper かRapper [INTRODUCTION RAP]
2.失礼しますか、RIP��
3. Dead Beats
4. Live Again

Cursed Night
1. Cursed Night

I think if you held a gun to my head, this is my favourite of hers, though it's a pretty heavy listen.

These are all proper 10/10s though, fun lyrically, good pop production (only reason this thread's in hip-hop is because of the rapping x)

I'm keeping this short because I've already written tons about all of her current songs in these two posts if you want to read more than anyone ever needs to see written about some very good rap songs x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iz 💀
post Jan 28 2021, 10:55 AM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

Anyway, reason I'm making this thread now is that she has a new song coming out soon with a very intriguing title:

seriously I cannot wait wtf at myself

+Quote Post
Iz 💀
post Feb 1 2021, 04:13 AM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

that BEAT

a lot more subdued than I was expecting, but there's some cool distortion, a few Shinto-esque sounds, some pretty natural sounding take that lyrics, the beat is something that tends to mean I'll like a song for a while. Another good one.

+Quote Post
Iz 💀
post Feb 1 2021, 05:23 AM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

"start creating, stop tweeting" <3

she's so inspiring but this is all I've listened to for an hour so in order to actually use that inspiration I'm gonna go do something else

+Quote Post
Iz 💀
post 17 hours ago
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

A song she did for the 'Princess Connect' game, which is nice, a bit more like an anime OP than the rap I got into her (as she's singing) for but good lyrics nonetheless.

she also has an EP called 'Your Mori' coming out on her birthday, 4/4 (her birthday is the number for death), with apparently both singing and rapping promised.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th March 2021 - 06:55 AM