BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Heidi on Sophie Ellis Bextor’s podcast talking Sugababes
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Slayer
post 22nd May 2023, 08:08 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

I haven’t listened to this yet but it is nice to see she’s getting out there again!

Can’t wait to listen ❤️

Siobhan was on this podcast quite recently too.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2mqklWUX8m...eSrSYkxVl7SRw1Q

This post has been edited by Slayer: 22nd May 2023, 01:31 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd May 2023, 08:10 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Interesting that she also had Heidi on for release so close to Siobhan.

I’m stuck on a workshop currently but I’ll have a listen along later

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 22nd May 2023, 01:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

-She wants to get a bit of her old life back and do things for herself again - she wants to remember who she was.
-She says the Sugababes feels like a different life
-She doesn't think about being in the Sugababes much but when she is reminded of it, it brings back happy memories.
-Heidi doesn't think about the bad times in the group, only the good and happy memories.
-She said now she's older she has compassion for the other girls and now realising what the others may have been dealing with and not just herself
-Heidi wonders how she used to perform, she thinks she'd have a proper fear of performing again.
-She misses singing
-Her daughter loving Little Mix and seeing them live made her miss performing (she went with her former dancer partner from the Sugababes).
-She's open to embracing new opportunities
-She talks about the two miscarriages she had and that she had an operation to remove the foetus sad.gif
-She'd like to go on a few shows, such as Strictly Come Dancing
-She'd like to more singing
-She'd like to do some presenting
-Her daughter wants to sing like her

Heidi was asked how she felt about seeing Sugababes 1.0 back together:
-Heidi says she happy for them
-She says the girls have been touring for the past few years so it’s not that new to her bur she can see that they've had more success now they've acquired the name again
-Heidi says it is nice the songs are still out there and that she's proud she was a part of the success of the songs
-Heidi wishes Mutya, Keisha and Siobhan well
-Heidi says there is no hard feelings on her part at all towards the girls carrying on as the Sugababes
-Heidi says she doesn't know Siobhan but met her twice and that she's a really lovely girl

This post has been edited by Slayer: 22nd May 2023, 01:35 PM

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 22nd May 2023, 02:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

I like her being diplomatic but I feel like she’s not saying how she truly feels about being left out of the current formations newfound success. She’s only human after all and is bound to feel sadness that she’s not part of it especially as she talks openly about missing performing.

It’s sad but is what it is.

My fave Sugababes era will always be Keisha, Mutya and Heidi.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 22nd May 2023, 02:47 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yeah I feel like another big factor about wanting to get back out there is seeing 1.0 back and doing well, heck I’d feel the same. I’d feel I was missing our.

2.0 will always be my fave as I grew up them 3 but I love 1.0 too now.

Ideal world it’d be a 4 four piece with Heidi back but never ever going to happen.

I hope Heidi can find a new career she finds joy from, I’ll always love her!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 22nd May 2023, 04:20 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I don’t really understand why anyone would want a four-piece line up from a group renowned for a three part vocal harmony. Like I’m genuinely curious because I really don’t see the appeal. I can (just about) understand wanting a certain line up back but that always maintains the vocal balance whereas any form of fan dreamt supergroup destroys the basic vocal arrangement of their songs and so I’m genuinely curious as to how the people who dream about it think it would work in practice

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 22nd May 2023, 04:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Silas @ May 22 2023, 05:20 PM) *
I don’t really understand why anyone would want a four-piece line up from a group renowned for a three part vocal harmony. Like I’m genuinely curious because I really don’t see the appeal. I can (just about) understand wanting a certain line up back but that always maintains the vocal balance whereas any form of fan dreamt supergroup destroys the basic vocal arrangement of their songs and so I’m genuinely curious as to how the people who dream about it think it would work in practice

I have to agree whole heartedly with this. While 2:0 will always be my fave and I would be the most hyped for that line up, I wouldn't want a 4 piece at all due to the harmonies. Also I am more than happy with 1:0 now after their recent album release which shows real potential moving forwards for the group, plus as much as I love 2:0 they have never sounded better.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 23rd May 2023, 07:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

2.0 cool pop with a more mainstream attitude
1.0 VOICE

Heidi is happy. Can we just move on?

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 23rd May 2023, 08:05 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I just like all 4 tongue.gif

It's not a big deal, breathe. We can miss Heidi and appreciate 1.0.

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 23rd May 2023, 08:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

All the best to Heidi. I hope she finds some nice presenting gigs as she would be great at that. She would be great on Strictly!

+Quote this post
Scene
post Wednesday, 06:45 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Baby Reindeer
User: 5,567

Sorry for the old thread bump but only discovered this ohmy.gif As much as I was most invested in 2.0 as a group, I'm happy the originals are back together and having Siobhan gives more credibility to the group than Heidi imo. Would love her on Strictly though! Considering some of the Z-listers that have been on over the past few years, Heidi would actually be a good signing.

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post Wednesday, 09:53 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

She could win Strictly even.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread