Jump to content

Featured Replies

Cassidy?

Is it true LDN is only released on downloads?

  • Replies 467
  • Views 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, Nelly Furtado still to come, somewhere

i really want it to be number 1, i don't see what the fuss is about scissor sisters new song anyway, it's not that breathtaking, unlike promiscuous, now i haven't taken the time to learn how to spell it and it won't be number one, that will just put me into what's the point of music mode again, like when ashanti was kept of number one by someone who had not only died but the song had been released before and got to number 1 then, which i found rather unfair

Robbie´s single it´s going to performe better than the SSisters one´: people it´s buying their single on the net a lot, so I think it´s going to be "only" top-5 because their fans already have it

LDN's was released physically before though wasn't it?

 

I thought it was anyway. :unsure: I remember seeing the vid long before Smile was on the scene.

Cassidy?

Is it true LDN is only released on downloads?

 

She's only releasing it on downloads and limited vinyl apparently ...

23 :down: (from 11) Matt Wills - Hey Kid

22 :up: (from 73) Sandi Thom - What If I'M Right

 

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/82876893662.JPG

 

Following the success of a debut #1 single and #1 album, the girl that webcast from her basement in Tooting to thousands of people across the globe now releases her second single 'What If I'm Right'. Drawing on a musical palette that varies from Bob Dylan and Jeff Buckley through Carole King and Stevie Nicks to Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin, Sandi Thom joins the dots between black and white music. The single is taken from her fantastic album 'Smile… It Confuses People', where she seamlessly blends folk and soul strains and influences. - HMV

 

Sandi Thom - What If I'M Right Video

[flash=450,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpfnfv62he4.swf

 

track listing

1. What If I'm Right [Radio Mix]

2. What If I'm Right [Acoustic]

3. Don't Think Twice

4. What If I'm Right [Video]

 

Discussion thread here

 

Boy it seems Sandi Thom's 15 minutes of fame are just about up with this entry. I guess people are realizing that Sandi is really UK folky answer to Alanis Morisette since they both play harmonica and guitar on some of their songs.

 

LDN's was released physically before though wasn't it?

 

It was her first single release.

Smile got so boring so quickly, but i'm really loving LDN!

 

 

NO please No :cry:

what a tumble for Orson's album :lol:

Since those two knobs are counting down the Album Chart at this moment.

 

I have a question to ask to anyone here

 

Did anyone catch the 2006 VMAs on UK TV this past week?

NO please No :cry:

 

Don't Worry Mikey, I still hate her as a person! :P

Since those two knobs are counting down the Album Chart at this moment.

 

I have a question to ask to anyone here

 

Did anyone catch the 2006 VMAs on UK TV this past week?

 

 

Unfortunately not. But I heard Shakira was great, doing it bollywood style :wub: :lol:

Go Kasab putting Leicester on the music map B)
Oh my God I love this Kasabian song already! :o

Albums

 

14 :down: Billy Joel

13 :down: Razorlight

12 :down: Keane

11 :up: Pink

10 :down: Kooks

9 :up: Nelly Furtado

8 :up: Muse

7 :down: The Feeling

6 :down: James Morrison

5 :down: Christina Aguilera

4 :ne: Iron Maiden

3 :ne: Bob Dylan

2 :down: Snow Patrol

1 :ne: Kasabian

Kasabian - Empire

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Large_Images/HMV/PRERELCDKASAB.JPG

 

'Empire' marks the confident and swaggering return of Kasabian, the sonically driven electronica/ rock fusionists who became the mouthy heroes of 2004 with their self-titled debut album and who went on to undisputed victories at last year’s summer festivals. Now Leicester's rock 'n roll liggers are back with their sophomore album 'Empire', produced by Jim Abbiss (Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Ladytron), which finds the band slightly departing the drug-induced Britrock sound of their debut in favour of classic, glam rock-inspired stompers, whilst still retaining all the rough vocal style that has become synonymous with these infamous party-hards. The new album includes the commanding title track and first single, 'Empire', as well as the Glitter band-beat of 'Shoot The Runner' and the Zeppelin-sized death march of 'The Doberman'. - HMV

 

UK Release date: 28-8-2006

 

track listing

1. Empire

2. Shoot The Runner

3. Last Trip (In Flight)

4. Me Plus One

5. Sun Rise Light Flies

6. Apnoea

7. By My Side

8. Stuntman

9. Seek & Destroy

10. British Legion

11. The Doberman

Oh my God I love this Kasabian song already! :o

 

Me too, easily their best yet I think. :o

 

I have their first album and it's gathering dust somehwere, but I've been so impressed with these two new songs that I may get this album. :thumbup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.