Jump to content

Featured Replies

6 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

What about the Christmas songs?

Monster Mash & Thriller are older too.

What do you reckon the oldest Xmas song is to chart?

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 115.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JosephStyles
    JosephStyles

    Guys, if you're going to work collaboratively on a recurrent list, could you take the discussion to PMs please? It's cluttering up the thread! Thanks!

  • earthisturning
    earthisturning

    If anyone was wondering you could fit all Capital FM playlist threads from 2020 - 2024 and four months of 2025 into this thread...

  • JosephStyles
    JosephStyles

    Or they should just... not playlist AI songs at all x

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sami Hook Jama said:

What do you reckon the oldest Xmas song is to chart?

I’m not sure what’s made the Capital chart, but the oldest popular ones are Bing Crosby and Brenda Lee.

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I’m not sure what’s made the Capital chart, but the oldest popular ones are Bing Crosby and Brenda Lee.

Brenda Lee I guess

7 minutes ago, 777666jason said:

Did captain Tom not make the dodgy chart

Yes, he was the one of the oldest “people” to chart before alongside Dame Vera Lynn before they both sadly passed away. Therefore, “We’ll Meet Again” and also “Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead” are the oldest songs to ever chart

Edited by Sami Hook Jama

6 minutes ago, Sami Hook Jama said:

Yes, he was the one of the oldest “people” to chart before alongside Dame Vera Lynn before they both sadly passed away. Therefore, “We’ll Meet Again” and also “Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead” are the oldest songs to ever chart

Ding dong charted in 2013 though unless it charted again although we'll meet again she was 103 when she died Tom was only 100

7 minutes ago, 777666jason said:

Ding dong charted in 2013 though unless it charted again although we'll meet again she was 103 when she died Tom was only 100

Yes I mean throughout the whole 17 year chart history - those 2 songs are the oldest to chart

Edited by Sami Hook Jama

5 minutes ago, Sami Hook Jama said:

Yes I mean throughout the whole 17 year chart history - those 2 songs are the oldest to chart

Your literally giving more and more reasons for people not to be interested in the fake chart 17 years against an official chart with a 70 plus year of history

4 hours ago, Sami Hook Jama said:

Yes, he was the one of the oldest “people” to chart before alongside Dame Vera Lynn before they both sadly passed away. Therefore, “We’ll Meet Again” and also “Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead” are the oldest songs to ever chart

Why is "people" in quotation marks I'm pretty sure he was a human being

Do you ever think outside of holiday music we will get another old song to chart in the top 30 like Easy Lover?

Edited by Music-lover173

5 minutes ago, Music-lover173 said:

Do you ever think outside of holiday music we will get another old song to chart in the top 30 like Easy Lover?

Let’s push for Spandau Ballet - True or any Jazz song next

  • Author

Guys remember this is the thread for the Capital Playlist, let's keep it on topic please.

4 hours ago, 777666jason said:

Your literally giving more and more reasons for people not to be interested in the fake chart 17 years against an official chart with a 70 plus year of history

Did that have Jazz?

Just now, JosephStyles said:

Guys remember this is the thread for the Capital Playlist, let's keep it on topic please.

OK Joseph

The Capital Radio playlist meeting is later today. Are there any songs you want removed or added to the playlist? I want to see Nicole Kidman by Adéla on there.

Edited by Music-lover173

23 minutes ago, Music-lover173 said:

The Capital Radio playlist meeting is later today. Are there any songs you want removed or added to the playlist? I want to see Nicole Kidman by Adéla on there.

As long as there’s a remix

You already know which 2 female superstars I want there (Liv Deano & Langley)…. I also want to see F3MII, RAYE, Dua (as a recurrent) Ashe, Teddy Swims, Anderson Paak, James Arthur, Shaggy, Lukas Graham and Remember Monday added, at least 40+ throwbacks and for Bruno, Bella and a few others to leave playlist and go on recurrent/removed completely

Edited by Sami Hook Jama

2 hours ago, Sami Hook Jama said:

As long as there’s a remix

You already know which 2 female superstars I want there (Liv Deano & Langley)…. I also want to see F3MII, RAYE, Dua (as a recurrent) Ashe, Teddy Swims, Anderson Paak, James Arthur, Shaggy, Lukas Graham and Remember Monday added, at least 40+ throwbacks and for Bruno, Bella and a few others to leave playlist and go on recurrent/removed completely

Hoping Stay Love leaves. I f***ing hate that song.

4 minutes ago, IdentFan101 said:

Hoping Stay Love leaves. I f***ing hate that song.

Unless Lewis is announced for Jingle Bell Ball, probably not

They should re-add Alessi and Freya though

3 hours ago, Music-lover173 said:

The Capital Radio playlist meeting is later today. Are there any songs you want removed or added to the playlist? I want to see Nicole Kidman by Adéla on there.

Have a feeling they gonna add Freya Skye Bad Taste

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.