Jump to content

Liаm

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Liаm

  1. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    Callum is just a useless character, him and Ben had no chemistry, him and Johnny have even less. Plus he was so adamant to wait for Ben even when Ben said just move on, it’s only been done to cause a conflict for them I think. There’s no valid reason and no chemistry other than the fact they’re the only two gay characters left to shove together? It’s always showing new Johnny doesn’t work at all, when other than being in the Six storyline just because he’s a lawyer, the only times they’ve done anything with him is the two times they’ve completely randomly paired him with the only other two gay characters available who just happened to be in the show at the same time as him. Granted him and Callum are old friends but it’s also kind of feeding into the old stereotype that gay men can’t POSSIBLY just be friends, yawn.
  2. I feel bad for Bernie, had this been a “normal” PH All Stars in Tagalog she would have easily been a frontrunner but it must be difficult to be in an environment where everyone is mostly speaking English when your English level is lower than everyone’s. I get the feeling she can understand just fine but has difficulty expressing herself and connecting with people so she seemed quite withdrawn and in her own bubble sadly. But with regards to THIS season, her head and heart sadly was clearly not in it and she was giving basically nothing sadly so I think it was her time to go.
  3. I had the feeling the top 3 tea might be right, Yuhua beating them both in a lipsync is crazy but we’ll have to wait and see. They’re kind of pushing Brigiding so I hope it isn’t a stretch and they just are all neck and neck a top 3. Apparently Siam has a meltdown this episode and acts “possessed” to a point where it was a whole saga and production got involved
  4. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    Yeah this is also what I worry about, they’re really annoying for teasing that it will be something huge and it’s just worse a first eviction twist or a launch night thing that comes and goes and means nothing. Even if it’s just a one off for this series to see how it goes I’d like to see it be more of a game and not just the same old Big Brother, I think the show has limited time left if it keeps everything the same.
  5. I knew they’d find some way to spin any form of transphobia out of this rather than actually do something about guns
  6. The thing for me is a lot of these people are just thick and/or don’t know better and populism prays on that. The likes of Farage and Hopkins play the right character in the right way to appeal to these disillusioned people. And I do think Labour are blame somewhat, they have betrayed working class people and let everyone down, but that doesn’t mean people should start flocking to a party founded on hatred of anyone who isn’t white and straight. And because there isn’t enough political education in school etc, people don’t research or really know how to decide who to vote for. Reform is very meticulously crafted to appeal to those kinds of people, which is the danger of it and precisely why it’s risen so quickly, especially with the Tories collapsing and a terrible Labour government currently. I do try and understand how people get to that point, as it’s interesting to me at least. And I can understand it, I can see why people who don’t know any better, who have been shunned by other parties or let down, would look to the flashy new alternative. But even if these people “aren’t racist”, they are showing up in droves and hyping up people who proudly are. And they’re falling for all the rhetoric, end up parroting it themselves. Because ostensibly these protests are about immigration, they’re worried about their kids safety and future, whatever, but they’re standing there mocking religion, then they’ll be transphobic, then they’ll be against Pride and its flags, there is absolutely no point to Reform other than being utterly utterly hateful. The other thing I can’t stop thinking about is say Reform win an election, deport loads of people, and all these working class people/people on benefits etc are struggling still, who will they blame then?
  7. Precisely why they’re so dangerous, when people are as thick as these Reform voters, they will easily fall for anyone with a bit of charisma and the right buzzwords who is ostensibly “like them”, all these performative grifters who pretend to be normal working class people so these idiots will blindly follow them like a religion and line their pockets.
  8. Absolutely, people believe everything they read on Facebook and fall into conspiracy theories and even worse just vile racism and homophobia and transphobia.
  9. An old colleague of mine who not two years ago was absolutely fine and fairly “woke” and tolerant even has become an absolute Reform lunatic and whilst that’s just anecdotal, it’s scary that people who are a bit thick can get sucked into this lunacy so easily. I think that’s why it’s spreading like wildfire. Even so every single person there is a racist idiot who would struggle to lay claim to even one brain cell. They've all gone silent about Charlie Kirk, for example, since it transpired that they couldn’t blame anyone LGBTQ or a migrant.
  10. +30 Ariana Grande - Into You +29 Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom +28 Childish Gambino - Redbone +27 Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out +26 Little Mix - Secret Love Song +25 Selena Gomez - Hands To Myself +24 Fifth Harmony - That’s My Girl +23 Clean Bandit - Tears +22 Twenty One Pilots - Ride +21 Danny L Harle - Super Natural +20 MØ - Final Song +19 Ariana Grande - Greedy +18 Sabrina Carpenter - Thumbs +17 Hailee Steinfeld - Starving +16 easyfun - Monopoly +15 Elle King - Exes and Ohs +14 Bruno Mars - 24k Magic +13 Fifth Harmony - Work From Home +12 M.O. - Who Do You Think Of? +11 Ariana Grande - Side To Side +10 Rihanna - Love On The Brain +9 Rihanna - Kiss It Better +8 DNCE - Cake By The Ocean +7 Zayn - Pillowtalk +6 Flume - Never Be Like You +5 Hannah Diamond - Fade Away +4 Meghan Trainor - Me Too +3 Frank Ocean - Pink & White +2 Dua Lipa - Hotter Than Hell +1 Nick Jonas - Close
  11. The album is not really hitting me unfortunately, the only ones I feel like I’d go back to out of the new tracks are Headache and Natural At Disaster. I appreciate she has a real fire and vigour behind it but not necessarily a project that grabs me sadly. Plastic Box, FUFN and Angel Of My Dreams remain bangers tho
  12. Liаm posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    Can’t stand this either sadly, she feels like she’s capable of much more than the 10s radio pop Heart fodder R&B she’s peddling though. I did like a couple of songs from her first album.
  13. Scary but bang on. For me him being dead as such a horrible person is nothing, what is scary is what will come of it in terms of mobilising this cult. I have a horrible feeling the shooter ends up being socialist or LGBTQ+ or something else they can weaponise and rather than use it to see that the government should control the guns, it’s all going to jump the shark even more than it already has and get even more utterly crazy.
  14. I feel like they almost hold their figureheads (Trump particularly) to a god like status, which again is an irony given religion is often is the basis of a lot of their arguments.
  15. He also literally said that “some casualties are a sacrifice for the 2nd Amendment” about school shootings, well ok you got your wish!!
  16. He was more than happy to praise this happening to kids in Gaza, yawn
  17. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    Even if it was Kelley to go, I just think it’s so unfair for anyone to make jury through whatever means, only to be eliminated by a competition, with no chance to save yourself through the social part of the competition or a veto. But for it to be a legendary player, and one who was pretty much playing the best game, is just another level. I think it would maaaybe be fine as a cruel but twisty first night thing, as something to decide the first juror it is insane. Yet they’re continuing blockbuster up to top 6?! As I said it’s just trying to be a kiddie watered down The Challenge because it’s a complete slap in the face to the social foundations of the game. I was ranting to my friend who loves F1 and said it’s like Lando Norris coming last in a race without being allowed to get in the car We have to suffer Kelley this entire time because she won some Mario Party style mini games but Rachel Reilly just has her impeccable social game cut down.
  18. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    Morgan being Tony’s daughter and them just retconning in a Nancy and Tony affair we never saw happen might well be the final straw for me, because what the f*** is that
  19. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    There are teasers that “the game is changing”, speculation is that they are bringing in some US format style changes which I’d be here for! It doesn’t have to be the full shebang, I think the save and replace from Josie’s series and doing more with the head of household thing would be enough. The UK format is so dry and I keep struggling to make it through a full series so I think shaking it up a bit works. Seeing as The Traitors is so popular I don’t think it’s entirely remiss to retool a bit but they’d need to have casted it right so we don’t a Survivor UK type flop, which I highly doubt they would do. Maybe the HOH could do a killer nomination, then the house nominate as normal, and then they do the veto (save and replace) to finalise the nominees.
  20. Episode 8 is a Dragcon booth type design presumably modelled after the bathroom design from season 16 or the AS4 club thing. Presumably it has some form of comedy to it as Arizona wins. That’s where they change the format to lipsync for your life (not sure if there is still a top 2 lipsync), tea said it was because she got cocky and Mama Pao and everyone got fed up lol but obviously not now she’s kind of on the struggle bus, it said Pao just wanted to get rid of her lmaoooo I think that may have been fake tea
  21. Yuhua does indeed win Snatch Game, which is election campaign/speech themed
  22. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    Vicky’s mum has already been in the show and Donny is her dad, Donny had a one night stand with her and only came back into Vicky’s life after she’d been in foster care for a couple of years and became an adult. Her mum was only in a couple of episodes though and we don’t know anything about her family besides. Louis Emerick has said in interviews that Froggy is what links Hollyoaks to the returning Brookside characters, Barry Grant was a gangster/villain/bad boy type wasn’t he so I presume that may link him to Froggy and that family as they’ve always been involved in crime and the underworld with Fraser years ago as well. I’m not sure where the rest of them would come in but it’s definitely going to be an interesting and unique thing to see unfold.
  23. +30 Ariana Grande - One Last Time +29 Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me +28 Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself +27 Taylor Swift - Style +26 Grimes - Kill v Maim +25 Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside +24 Pia Mia - Do It Again +23 Justin Bieber - Sorry +22 Adele - Hello +21 Fleur East - Sax +20 Zara Larsson - Never Forget You +19 Little Mix - Black Magic +18 Declan McKenna - Brazil +17 Years & Years - King +16 Grimes - Flesh Without Blood +15 Tame Impala - The Less I Know The Better +14 Hozier - Take Me To Church +13 Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams +12 Carly Rae Jepsen - I Really Like You +11 Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? +10 Florence & The Machine - What Kind of Man +9 Little Mix - Love Me Like You +8 Taylor Swift - New Romantics +7 Danny L Harle - Broken Flowers +6 Major Lazer - Lean On +5 Tame Impala - Let It Hopwn +4 Discloure - Magnets +3 The Weeknd - The Hills +2 Macklemore - Downtown +1 Calvin Harris - Pray To God
  24. Liаm posted a post in a topic in Television
    A completely disposable character imo but through no fault of his own, they never really used him. I would assume something more went down as he was suspended for his comments already, to not come back and film an exit?!