Jump to content

Darren-5-08

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-5-08

  1. Emm... I don't recall anywhere in the post that you quoted the wish for Saturdays to go to number 1, rather they hoped for good sales. I hope they do go to number 1, however, if the GHASTLY Iron Maiden are releasing an album... Anything to stop them from reaching the top... :puke2:
  2. To be honest I'm much more excited about the performances than I was last year. No offence, but I didn't like the Janet Jackson tribute to Michael at all, I think it was a rather cheesy approach. That is merely my personal opinion, of course. Who I want to win is in bold and who I think will win is in italics. Best Collaboration 3OH!3 Ft. Ke$ha - My First Kiss B.O.B Ft. Hayley Williams - Airplanes Beyonce Ft. Lady GaGa - Video Phone Jay-Z Ft. Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind Lady GaGa Ft. Beyonce - Telephone Best Dance Video Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor David Guetta Ft. Akon - Sexy Bitch Enrique Iglesias Ft. Pitbull - I Like It Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Usher - OMG Best Hip-Hop Video B.O.B Ft. Hayley Williams - Airplanes Drake, Kanye West, Eminem & Lil Wayne - Forever Jay-Z Ft. Swiss Beats - On To The Next One Eminem - Not Afraid Kid Cudi Ft. MGMT & Ratatat - Pursuit Of Happiness Best Pop Video B.O.B Ft. Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You Beyonce Ft. Lady GaGa - Video Phone Katy Perry Ft. Snoop Dogg - California Gurls Ke$ha - Tik Tok Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Best Female Beyonce Ft. Lady GaGa - Video Phone Katy Perry Ft. Snoop Dogg - California Gurls Ke$ha - Tik Tok Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Taylor Swift - Fifteen CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN THEM!! KATY COULD SHOCK!! Best Male B.O.B Ft. Hayley Williams - Airplanes Drake - Find Your Love Eminem - Not Afraid Jason DeRulo - In My Head Usher - OMG Best New Artist Jason DeRulo - In My Head Justin Bieber - Baby Ke$ha - TikTok Nicki Minaji - Massive Attack Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside IT'S VOTE BASED, IS IT NOT?? TEENAGE GIRLS + VOTING + JUSTIN BIEBER = BLEURGH... WIN Video Of The Year 30 Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens B.O.B Ft. Hayley Williams - Airplanes Eminem - Not Afraid Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Lady GaGa - Telephone OK SO FEW WILL AGREE WITH THIS BUT, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, BAD ROMANCE IS THE GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO OF ALL TIME. A TOUGH DECISION GIVEN THAT TELEPHONE WAS MORE RECENT, I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IN WITH A SHOUT... IN THE END I JUST HAD TO AGREE WITH THE BOOKIES :P Best Art Direction Beyonce Ft. Lady GaGa - Video Phone Eminem - Not Afraid 30 Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Best Choreography Beyonce Ft. Lady GaGa - Video Phone Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Lady GaGa - Telephone Janelle Monae - Tightrope Usher - OMG Best Cinematography Eminem - Not Afraid Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over Jay-Z Ft. Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Mumford And Sons - Little Lion Man Best Direction 30 Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens Jay-Z Ft. Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind Eminem - Not Afraid Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Pink - Funhouse Best Editing Eminem - Not Afraid Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Miike Snow - Animal Pink - Funhouse Rihanna - Rude Boy Best Special Effects Dan Black - ? Eminem - Not Afraid Greenday - 21st Century Breakdown Lady GaGa - Bad Romance Muse - Upspring Ok, ok, ok, so I'm a huge GaGa fan, but let's face it; Bad Romance was a *monster*. It caused shockwaves around the world... Surely it deserves everything it is up for... :)
  3. hahaa she better!! GAGA FTW
  4. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I am glad of two things: 1. A British boyband is currently having success of their own merit, rather than off the back of an overly-hyped reunion, the death of a colleague or X-Factor mania. 2. Said boyband are beating a truly terrible song in Billionaire... Eughk
  5. perhaps they rushed it out to keep up with their '1 album per year' thing. although i thought BA and EIL were rubbish, i liked one shot (i am ashamed to say, hahaa), so i was expecting them to grow on me, by gradually releasing better songs that were more to my taste. but they've disappointed. also, is is just me, or are their videos becoming very 'same-y'?? i could believe that the record label pushed them into it, i don't particularly see them as an act with any input power. that all depends on whether the artist needs the label more than the label wants the artist... with some acts, like GaGa and Beyonce, the label would want to keep them and, if they left, they'd get another deal immediately. therefore, they would have as much input as they want. jls need the label more, so they have to listen to and do what they're told... i guess that's just how the industry works.
  6. we can only hope :):):):):) go
  7. oh no... for second album i predict sales of 300,000-500,000.
  8. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    Anybody else a huge fan?? I love it!! Although now that there are only 2 of the original team left I don't know what direction they'll take... But filming for series 4 begins in January 2011... Excited??
  9. it was used in toy story :) probably helped by toy story 2 being on bbc1 on saturday night
  10. speaking of nominations, does anyone know around about when they will be announced??
  11. If this is in the wrong section, please move it, I just didn't know where else to put it... Sorry if I've been an idiot hahaa So, the MTV Video Music Awards are looming!! (Does anyone know approximately when the nominees are announced??) Does anyone have any opinions?? Personally, I can see a GaGa sweep when it comes to Effects/Art Direction/Sound etc. I think Telephone or Bad Romance has to win Video of the Year. Katy Perry could perhaps challenge for Best Female??
  12. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    i too hope kylie overtakes that awful professor green. in addition, you aren't alone - i can't stand that we no speak americano rubbish, whereas airplanes has really grown on me :)
  13. hmm... i'm not getting all the britney hate. sure, some of her more recent material has been a little bit generic and boring, but she has had some fantastic tunes. everytime is a POP CLASSIC in my opinion. i don't think people hate on her because she's sold millions. i mean... why would they?? that would just be a tad jealous in my opinion. i can't see people taking that opinion. perhaps it's because, as a former FAN of britney, they too have been disappointed with songs such as 'womanizer' and '3'. just a thought... also, at the person who said kylie isn't talented... HA
  14. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    My favourite is the Governess... :P LUTHER
  15. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    Mary is brilliant!! I love her!! Completely agree with the poster who commented on the hippy weirdos with their mental son. She was meant to be an artist... Yet did you see what she had done to her house??!!
  16. I'm very upset that Katherine is leaving. What a fantastic actress. I really sided with her earlier in the series about the whole Katherine-vs-Susan-over-Mike thing (until, of course, she went mad, although, even at that stage, I still blamed Susan, hahaa). Oh, and at the mention of Bree's lapdance. Honestly, in my opinion, one of the funniest moments on TV that I have ever watched. Seriously. The most embarrassingly-awkward-yet-hilarious thing I've ever witnessed. I cried with laughter. I hope to see the main characters sign further contracts to take them to series 9 along with Marc Cherry, although Marcia Cross has already hinted that series 7 will be enough for her and Bree is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE... :( I agree with the poster who said series 6 has been the best in a long time. It really has. I thought series 5 dragged out a *litte* bit with the whole Dave storyline, but series 6 proved that the show isn't finished yet. In my opinion, the best since series 3 (which was my all-time favourite series :) ).
  17. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    Current List (as in still running, or awaiting a new series) 1. Desperate Housewives 2. Luther 3. Doctor Who 4. Torchwood 5. Outnumbered 6. South Park 7. Peep Show 8. Family Guy 9. The IT Crowd 10. The Simpsons All-Time List 1. Desperate Housewives 2. Ashes to Ashes 3. Life on Mars 4. Luther 5. Pokemon 6. Friends 7. Doctor Who 8. Torchwood 9. Keeping Up Appearances 10. Outnumbered
  18. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    Did anyone else here watch the six-part series?? Personally, I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Perhaps it took a couple of weeks to get going but the two-part finale was, in my opinion, the finest piece of British television in a long time. It was gripping and had my whole family sitting on the edge of our seats. Ruth Wilson, additionally, was truly brilliant in her role and is an actress that Britain should be proud of. Alice Morgan turned into my favourite character in the series and, despite her crime in the first episode, was a real voice of reason and intelligence in John Luther's life. Some of the lines and phrases she had were truly magnificent!! Is there anyone else hoping for a second series??
  19. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    no, i'm not a fan either.
  20. thank you :)
  21. approximately how much is poker face selling each week?? will it cross 1million anytime soon?? as in, this year??
  22. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    :dance: :yahoo: :w00t: Lady GaGa's longevity. Album up to number 6 (I assume...)!! When will this stop?? When will it leave the top 10?? :w00t: :yahoo: :dance:
  23. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    low top 20
  24. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    to be fair, :heehee: LMFAO :heehee: is quite common for artists who've made a big drop from number one. well, at least something of that nature. like the OUCH beside xtina's album when it dropped from number 1...
  25. 1. LADY GAGA :w00t: 2. Elly Jackson 3. Gwen Stefani -------------------------------------------------- 4. Duffy 5. Ashley Tisdale -------------------------------------------------- 6. Kylie Minogue 7. Dusty Springfield 8. Kate Bush 9. Hayley Williams 10. Pixie Lott -------------------------------------------------- 11. Leona Lewis 12. Marina Diamondis 13. Shakira 14. Fergie 15. Anastacia 16. Jennifer Hudson 17. Sophie Ellis-Bextor 18. Dido 19. Ellie Goulding 20. Gabriella Cilmi 21. Katy Perry Bitch Slap: Beyonce A lot of thought went into my list. Lady GaGa was, for me, an obvious winner, not only because I love both of her albums, but because, in my opinion, she is the best we have at the minute in terms of being an artist and musician. She is versatile and she isn't afraid to take risks. Others worthy of mention include Ke$ha, Corinne Bailey Rae, Dannii Minogue, Jordin Sparks, Kate Nash, Kelly Rowland and KT Tunstall, however I was unsure who to give points to so I cut my list off at 21. Interestingly, I couldn't decide whether I should put Beyonce in my Top 5, or Bitch Slap her. In the end I went for the Bitch Slap. I loved Beyonce until 'I Am Sasha Fierce'. She was really cool and interesting. However (apart from the FANTASTIC 'If I Were a Boy'), I couldn't stand that album. Her videos were almost identical throughout and the songs were too similar. Her work on 'Telephone' made me see in her the way in which I used to, but it wasn't enough. Fingers crossed her next album will be better.