Jump to content

Darren-5-08

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-5-08

  1. I don't see YGTDL going number one... It's novelty will die down in a couple of hours, just like Jedward's... :P
  2. Telephone MUST, I mean, how long can Radio 1 go without having a GaGa song A-Listed??!! Plus after last night... She's literally the talk of the country... I'm glad to see Telephone is climbing, though. I want to see Parachute go Top 10... I really love this song!! YGTL/YGTDL die please... Don't like either at all. FATM's cover was bad enough, just want it to go away <_<
  3. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    She strove to prove those wrong, who said she could only put on a good show if gimmicks were involved... and she succeeded
  4. I think it's gotten a decent boost. It has climbed 10places since last night. However, I don't think a major boost should have been expected as nobody knew the song anyway. When the video comes out, it'll explode!!
  5. still no i won't buy it, but my sister will, hence the reason i'm checking, lol
  6. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    LOL :lol: AWESOME though :) Happy for Spice Girls too, Geri's Union Jack dress is one of the most iconic moments in British pop history, totally deserved
  7. Well we all have our opinions :lol: Although most people I've spoken to loved the sentiment and emotion of her performance. She dominated the Brits tonight, but I think people saw a new side to her, both in her performance and acceptance speeches. Not many people understand GaGa... Behind the whole sex thing, the outrageous fashion and the bizarre performances, people forget she's human... Maybe she genuinely felt too upset at the loss of someone who she adored to sing upbeat songs with an elaborate setting...
  8. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Agreed. Also, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. I am beginning to seriously dislike ESOM but they (especially Alicia) gave fantastic performance. The emotion in GaGa's performance was clear. Her acoustic songs are often what make people realise her true talent.
  9. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    THIS It should be like the Eurovision... half public vote, half panel of experts :) Either way... WELL DONE GAGA!!
  10. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Male - Dizzee Rascal International Male - Jay-Z
  11. don't worry about GaGa... Telephone will get some form of boost from the Brits and the video is coming soon, after which it will EXPLODE
  12. :o lady gaga 100k+ AGAIN!!
  13. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in Television
    IMO GaGa looks great :) She's the only person that always makes me happy when I see what she's wearing :)
  14. did you see the one where her hair has been fashioned into telephones?? awesome :) http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1631918/2...lady_gaga.jhtml i'm hoping this is will be as good as it looks. totally has the potential to be the 21st century's answer to thriller :) expect it to rocket up the charts :)
  15. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    She wanted to change it to all black, playing two acoustic songs and having pictures of Alexander McQueen in the background. Thankfully, it has been reported that she has been convinced against that. I know the death of Alexander McQueen was upsetting but a tribute at the Brits wouldn't really have been appropriate. Her first performance sounded amazing though. I hope she does that...
  16. THIS :P I hate Ashley Cole though, he treats her like dirt. Glad to see Parachute climbing and Bad Romance holding it's own in the top 20 - already gone Platinum and still refusing to die!!
  17. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    THIS Cheryl doesn't deserve the prime-time slot like GaGa does =) To think... She was planning Poker Face and Telephone before Alexander McQueen died (RIP)... Would've been huge!!
  18. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    One of the most confusing sentences I've ever read... I get the gist and totally agree, though, lol
  19. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    THIS. She's been everywhere in 2009 and truly deserves all 3. Best single should be FFTL because it was huge. It broke records and ended up really high in the year-end chart... If JLS win it, something's wrong... 'Beat Again' wasn't *huge*. Sure, it was number one, but so was 'My Life Would Suck Without You', 'When Love Takes Over' and 'Oopsy Daisy', but none of those could be considered *huge*. (BTW, I am aware that I didn't choose British examples only, it was only proving a point that simply being Number 1 doesn't make a song huge, as is the case with 'Beat Again'...)
  20. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    no "Her eponymous name "Marina and the Diamonds" consists of Diamandis' first name and the translation of her surname which means "Diamonds" in Greek. "The Diamonds" refers to Diamandis' fans but is commonly mistaken for her backing band." "I'm Marina. You are the diamonds."
  21. when it won't... it's top 40 (top 30 peak) with only radio 1 B-list as promo...
  22. Artists For Haiti - We Are The World 25 - 24 The Courteeners – You Overdid It Doll - 48 DJ Zinc ft Ms Dynamite - Wile Out - 45 Florence + The Machine & Dizzee Rascal - You Got The Dirtee Love (out 16th) - 10 Glee Cast – No Air - 26 Glee Cast – Keep Holding On - 59 Jedward ft Vanilla Ice - Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby) - 12 Lady GaGa & Beyoncé – Telephone - 38 Lemar – The Way Love Goes - 11 Leona Lewis – I Got You - 55 Pixie Lott – Gravity - 46 Rihanna – Rude Boy - 6 Timbaland ft Katy Perry – If We Ever Meet Again - 3 Usher – There Goes My Baby - 76+ Bonus #1: Will Glee Cast – Halo/Walking On Sunshine be higher than JLS – One Shot in the chart? - Yes Bonus #2: Will Cheryl Cole - Parachute be higher than Lady GaGa – Bad Romance in the chart? - Yes Bonus #3: Will Florence + The Machine – You Got The Love be higher than Ke$ha – Tik Tok in the chart? - No
  23. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I feel so sorry for Isabella Summers, aka, Isabella Machine
  24. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Paparazzi didn't have the hype that Telephone has though. People don't talk about if it's going to be number one. They're talking when. Telephone is going to be massive. During the summer when Paparazzi was released GaGa was touring in America, but her UK tour leg coincides with Telephone. She's sure to do promo.
  25. Darren-5-08 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I think GaGa has it in the bag. 2009 has been her year and she deserves it.