Everything posted by Darren-5-08
-
BRITs nominations in full
It can't be said that JLS *deserve* it. I mean they haven't done anything to deserve it. They didn't build themselves up like FATM, rather, they were already known in their debut year thanks to the X Factor. Before anyone says I'm hating on JLS in favour of FATM, I'm not. In all honesty, I strongly dislike FATM... Boring music and a tad over-rated *in my opinion*. But JLS haven't done anything to deserve a breakthrough award, because they didn't breakthrough. They were catapulted to fame thanks to Simon Cowell, none of the work was their own. They (badly, in my opinion) sang songs which were written for them and through together an album before their hype from X Factor 2008 ended and just in time for X Factor 2009, where they could secure a second number one single and a number one album. None of this was breakthrough...
-
Final Peak Positions.
Lemar – The Way Love Goes: 12 Taio Cruz feat Ke$ha - Dirty Picture: 16 Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed: 1 Leona Lewis – I Got You: 5 Pitbull feat Akon – Shut It Down: 20 Rihanna – Rude Boy: 5 Sugababes – Wear My Kiss: 3 Livvi Franc – Automatik: 43 Mary J Blige – I Am: 23 Wiley feat Emeli Sande – Never Be Your Woman: 34 Agnes – On And On: 13 Gabriella Cilmi - On A Mission: 3 Pixie Lott – Gravity: 8 Robbie Williams - Morning Sun: 9 Tiesto feat Nelly Furtado - Who Wants To Be Alone: 14 Black Eyed Peas – Rock That Body: 4 Cheryl Cole – Parachute: 8 Chris Brown – Crawl: 24 Craig David – One More Lie (Standing In The Shadows): 15 David Guetta feat Kid Cudi – Memories: 17 Inna – Hot: 7 Justin Bieber – Baby: 16 Lady Gaga feat Beyonce – Telephone: 1 Sabrina Washington – OMG: 6 Keri Hilson – I Like: 3 One Republic – Secrets: 13 Shakira – Gipsy: 23 Diana Vickers – Once: 8 Gucci Mane feat Usher – Spotlight: 21 Iyaz – Solo: 14 Paloma Faith - Upside Down: 15 I'm wondering why so many people think Telephone will stall at number two!! In the UK, that's very un-GaGa!! Telephone is sure to be a bona fide SMASH!! WORLDWIDE!!
-
2010 Week of Death
Semi Precious Weapons are in it too and they have confirmed that they, too, will die :P Hopefully it'll explode on TV airplay like Bad Romance did. I remember the Box, on the day of Bad Romance's release, played it every hour on the hour :) PLEASE THE SAME FOR TELEPHONE!!
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010 Pt. II
Miley has never had a US number one. She is big, but not as big as Hannah Montana. Jennifer Hudson has faded since her massive year with Dreamgirls. Justin Bieber, no matter how badly people want him to do well in America... just isn't. I've followed the American charts for years and Justin Bieber is not first rate. I give you that his songs rush up the charts, but as 'Baby' showed, they fall even faster.
-
2010 Week of Death
Which is sure to be amazing... GaGa's videos always seem to be amazing and the hype around this is huge!!
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010 Pt. II
Erm... Lol at you thinking they are first rate artists in the US... I wouldn't even say Justin Bieber is second rate. Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson, yes. Realistically, Jennifer Hudson is super-talented but just doesn't have the success that she should have with the voice that she has. First rate artists in the US are those who dominate the charts, the media and the award ceremonies; Beyonce, Taylor Swift, GaGa and BEP spring to mind... But to even imply that JUSTIN BIEBER is a first rate artist in the US makes me quite literally laugh out loud.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (10/02/10)
hope so. i really enjoy on a mission. the video is awesome - suits the song 100%
-
Radio 1 Playlist (10/02/10)
good for the sugababes, i think that's a pretty awesome song and i'd love to see it do well telephone B-list :) A-list next week maybe??
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010 Pt. II
THIS ;) i haven't heard BBB yet, but clearly it is good if it has received so much success already :P love telephone though. can't wait until the video is released!! (any ideas when??) i'm glad to see hollywood rising. it is a truly underrated good song wish TimKat could have gotten to number one though :(
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010 Pt. II
parachute is getting HUGE TV airplay. telephone has none ;
-
2010 Week of Death
personally... GaGa and Beyonce at the Brits could see it push to number one. Video is expected to premiere soon also (in the USA on the 11th February, I heard??). In addition I heard it played on the radio for the first time the other day :) . This song should explode!! Perhaps by then there will have already been *too many* people who have bought the Haiti track for it to remain high. I have a feeling BBB could do a Telephone - strong cherry-picking from album in first week or so, then a fall until it is made official. In fairness, Ke$ha hype isn't as big in Britain as in the USA... Will go top 10 though, perhaps there'll be a video by then. JLS... One Shot is already falling and physicals are nothing these days (except in charity singles). Perhaps it will *rise* in the charts, but it will probably be out of the top ten by then. TimKat - hope it's really high!! Love this song, completely understand the hype. Same goes for Owl City. Sugababes has had a lot of hype too. Queen of hype lately though - ELLIE GOULDING. Don't like her song, but I can see it being huge. I went (in no particular order): Telephone Everybody Hurts Fireflies IWEMA Starry Eyed Wear My Kiss BBB I Got You ESOM (Part II) Broken Down Other (don't know what though... :P)
-
TIPs Chart Singles Prediction Game, Week 07 2010
Sales Period: Sunday 7th - 13th February Calvin Harris - You Used To Hold Me 36 Cheryl Cole - Parachute 33 Chris Brown - Crawl 67 Erik Hassle - Hurtful 56 Glee Cast - It's My Life / Confessions Part II 47 Glee Cast - Halo / Walking On Sunshine 59 Helping Haiti - Everybody Hurts 1 Hot Chip - One Life Stand 45 Ke$ha ft. 3OH!3 - Blah Blah Blah 9 Lady GaGa and Beyoncé - Telephone 30 Leona Lewis - I Got You 55 Marina & The Diamonds - Hollywood 12 Rihanna - Rude Boy 14 Young Money ft. Lloyd - BedRock 28 Bonus #1 Yes Bonus #2 No Bonus #3 No
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
Taylor has been around since 2006, though and, let's face it, is Z-list compared to GaGa outside the US. Besides, Taylor sold 9million WW with two albums, Lady GaGa 8million with one (TFM is a re-release, not a stand-alone, at a stretch it is an EP, which isn't an album). If you're trying to argue that Taylor Swift is more successful, I'm going to have to stop you there... Breath of fresh air in what way?? She's boring and can't sing live. GaGa has had the most successful singles run since the Spice Girls in 13 months. If album sales mean so much, compare Swift to GaGa IN THE UK...
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
This A lot of Swift's success in America is credited to Kanye hype (those undeserved AMA wins, resurge in her album sales, general pity towards her) I reiterate... LMAO Taylor Swift won't win this. She hasn't matched Lady GaGa's success worldwide, nor in Britain. Lady GaGa is the only deserving winner. If she doesn't win it, it's an absolute farce and a shambles. End of rant. Vote GAGA!!
-
Predict: Jedward - Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)
then there's telephone!! gaga and beyonce are looking likely to perform it together at the brits, then it is sure to explode!! http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/music/811...the-brit-awards http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/beyonce-an...rit-awards-2010 http://www.showbizspy.com/article/199116/l...rit-awards.html http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/lady-gaga/new...eyonce-at-brits http://musicfascination.com/2010/02/04/bey...at-brit-awards/ to prove i'm not talking $h!te - various sources given above??
-
BuzzJack's Favourite Number One of the 2000's - THE RESULTS
did Bad Romance make top 10 then?? i recall someone saying at the start of the top 20 that there were two gaga tracks yet to come...
-
BuzzJack's Favourite Number One of the 2000's - THE RESULTS
Biggest shockS for me... Gnarls Barkley LADY GAGA - JUST DANCE!! THIS
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
my point is... tik tok wasn't as big as blah blah blah is sure to be. it should have been the lead single, i mean it is doing so well without promo BUT, there are a lot of big releases coming up after the charity singles. i don't like the song at all, but i feel Ellie Goulding will smash. then there's telephone, which i feel is a monster waiting to come
-
Radio 1 Playlist (03/02/10)
this *although* JLS should be out and Marina should stay =) plus GAGA AND BEYONCE - TELEPHONE should be there!! waiting for it to smash =)
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
i agree with you. i can see blah blah blah missing number one. it'll probably sell quite a bit. but with all the big songs coming out over the next few weeks that will probably have huge sales, it could be blocked from the top spot. given blah blah blah's sales with no airplay, video, promo or hype, tik tok was a BIG mistake as lead single
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
Timbaland and Katy no doubt driven by their seemingly unlimited TV Airplay!! It was on 5 different music channel in the space of 15mins just there. I love it though, so it is all good =)
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
GaGa's sales are huge because her music is brilliant and generally liked. My grandmother likes Bad Romance... I like Ke$ha and I like Tik Tok and I don't think she is putting on a crazy act, I just think that Lady GaGa's music is genuinely better and GaGa is more risque and crazy. She's more original IN MY OPINION (before I face an attack). GaGa stan I may be, but I alone wasn't responsible for 1.5million album sales and the best-selling single of 2009... Wish Marina was higher, that is a really good song. to Alicia and CBR Well deserve first number one album for Alicia (if sales hold up)
-
Sunday Chart Predictions
I really like Fireflies as a song... It's nice and different =) Jedward at number one would be TERRIBLE. I mean... It's embarrassing from the UK
-
Music Purchases This Week: Week Beginning 1/2/10
Downloads Marina and the Diamonds - Hollywood (Single Version and EP) Timbaland - If We Ever Meet Again (feat. Katy Perry)
-
iTunes Chart: February 2010
Glad Marina is climbing, I LOVE that song