Everything posted by GreyAsh
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I hope Rein Me In is number 1 this week! Its reign is iconic! 🤣 I like Elizabeth Taylor but not keen for it to be number one. And on first listen I’m not inspired by the new Olivia Rodrigo track.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Probably one of my top 3 Charli tracks.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Wow… still 1 song unaccounted for as far as I can see. So I guess either Madonna or another Record Store Day exclusive (plus new/re entries for Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo - and two Justin tracks).
-
Friday Chart Predictions
With so many songs falling, there could be a lot of songs charting based on physicals, though of course I haven’t actually counted what we have. Maybe just lots of Justin climbing.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread w/c 17th April 2026
Madonna coming to steal the number 1 slot from the Olivias 😬
-
Friday Chart Predictions
With the physicals included, I would assume that she would make it.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/04/26
‘Dreams’ coming for that ACR top 40 hit! And staying there forever 😬
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/04/26
Great to see several new singles showing up on Apple, but to be honest, other than Olivia, they are all quite muted.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
On the one hand I feel that during the gap since her last album, people have moved onto other artists. On the other hand, even though I’m not inspired by her new track, I felt the same about the ‘Vampire’ initially but it grew on me.
-
Estimated ACR status updates 2026
And the even bigger clear out the following week!
-
Every song that has gone platinum despite never reaching the UK Top 40- FULL LIST
It’s easily her second biggest song on Spotify. Way ahead of These Words - even combining the original with the Badger version.
-
Every song that has gone platinum despite never reaching the UK Top 40- FULL LIST
Two amazing tracks! I didn’t realise that Charlemagne never charted higher! I like surprised but delighted that Pocketful of Sunshine has gone platinum. Am I right in thinking it was never released as a single in the UK? Edit: Someone has beaten me to asking that question! It was such a travesty that it was never released here. Its success is proof that it should have been, but Natasha‘s career was unfairly cut short I think.
-
UK #1s if songs were removed after reaching the top
And am I right in thinking that until March 1960, almost every album that charted, made Number 1 in this chart?
-
UK #1s if songs were removed after reaching the top
How many other people have had two Number 1s in two consecutive weeks on this chart?
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 17th April 2026
It’s rare for songs to be reset unless they make it into the top 40.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 17th April 2026
Possibly newer songs being reset over older songs. It makes sense.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 17th April 2026
Where did you get the number 7 from?
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 17th April 2026
I remember reading that this had a sample of a Sybil track on it. So is she the vocalist on this track, or was there a different part of the track that was sampled?
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 17th April 2026
I’m guessing with how many songs left there are 4 resets. All Justin Bieber (including 1 feature?) or Sabrina as well?
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/04/26
I always freeze after you enter.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/04/26
Fleetwood Mac yo-yo-ing again! So weird. It’s almost as if the songs on Rumours didn’t have all of their streams counted on Tuesday but had them counted extra on Wednesday instead! Notice it’s just the 3 songs experiencing this pattern - not Landslide or Everywhere.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 17/04/26
Songs have moved in the past 24 hours - so I assume it is updating. Just nothing new seems to be happening. I’m more concerned at how there seems to be nothing new on iTunes - no sign of Olivia Rodrigo - and Jessie Ware only currently 18 in the albums… Edit: unless it froze after Jessie entered.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Almost identical to Jack over the past 48 hours! Deluxe digital from his store with bonus tracks. A push on signed prints from Amazon. And a push on buying tickets for his forthcoming intimate gig bunched with CDs.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I haven’t spotted this apparent huge boost anywhere. Their songs are mostly below where they were last week, but re-entered after the songs from Rumours strangely dropping out for a day. Definitely no reset for them.
-
Official Chart Rules FAQs
I guess now the singles chart is very focused on songs rather than ‘singles’. People don’t generally buy physical products because they like this song, but because they are a fan of the artist, so releasing multiple products manipulates the chart away from what is popular. So even though there are issues with streaming, at least streaming reflects the popularity of a song far more than the sales of physical products. However, on the album chart, it could be argued that, sales of an album reflect its popularity on a par with the streams of individual tracks - and allowing multiple formats gives opportunities to those artists who aren’t able to gain the streams sufficient to chart. But anyway, in recent years the albums chart has reflected sales more than the singles chart.